[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Dr.Noz

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.87] (Please test!)

Postby Dr.Noz » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Loading it as the .ftl with GMM. Works fine for editing vanilla ships, only crashes when trying to load in a custom ship as a replacement for a vanilla one. You have everything so nicely set up and easy to config I'm almost impressed with my own ability to somehow break it despite that.
crumpyoldlord

Postby crumpyoldlord » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm

My cmd window is disappearing instantly. I installed ftldat, got some copies, and set them to extract. I don't know if that has been fixed in the thread previously, but I would like a fix, if there is one.
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 pm

crumpyoldlord wrote:My cmd window is disappearing instantly. I installed ftldat, got some copies, and set them to extract. I don't know if that has been fixed in the thread previously, but I would like a fix, if there is one.

To see the output, don't run from an icon - instead go to (assuming you're using Windows - change this if using Mac/Linux) Start > Run > 'cmd.exe', then navigate to whatever folder the application is running in, and run it. Then, copy/paste the output (which should not close the command window) here, so that others can see what the actual issue you're having is.
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Sometimes, when I try to open Options, the program crashes, which frustrates me because I can be in the middle of something. For instance, I resized one of the fleet ships and was making it into a player one when suddenly the application stopped working.

Good luck, though!
suron

Postby suron » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:21 pm

love it so far. still has soem quarks to work out but awesome job! :D

I have a couple questions/issues though...

How do you set up the beam the Fed Cruiser uses onto another ship? or is this even possible yet? if not, do you plan on putting this in?

On a couple ships I edited (and ended up having to delete) sometimes the "manned" station on the bridge is in the wrong spot (mostly noticable on a 2-room left->right room..it'll be on the left most tile instead of the right one) Is there a way to fix this? and as above, if not are you adding a function to set where the interaction is?

Last Kestrel I edited the "shield" was smaller than the ship itself for some reason..any ideas why?

thanks! and again, awesome job so far! can't wait to see it completed (or mostly at least)
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Zaffre wrote:Sometimes, when I try to open Options, the program crashes

Aha! Thank you!
Just tracked down that one and fixed it! Tell me if it happens anymore :)

New build up! v0.88
- Fixed a crash that happens sometimes when opening the options window after closing it
http://toastedlemons.com/FTLShipEdit.zip
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
suron

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.88] (Please test!)

Postby suron » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:25 pm

:P meant quirks. I'm sure you knew :P
suron

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.88] (Please test!)

Postby suron » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:42 pm

I looked over the thing and couldn't see any way to change how the stations are set in a room..just wondering if there's any way to preview them in the creator even if you're not actually able to move them..so I can set things up right.

so far I've had to scratch every ship I've edited because consoles/graphics load in stupid places...like the "engine" in front of a door..or where the pilot sits on the left side of a 2 square (left to right) room when it should be on the right because that's where the front is (like on Kestrel).

anyway to do this at all?
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Darkfrost wrote:
Zaffre wrote:Sometimes, when I try to open Options, the program crashes

Aha! Thank you!
Just tracked down that one and fixed it! Tell me if it happens anymore :)

New build up! v0.88
- Fixed a crash that happens sometimes when opening the options window after closing it
http://toastedlemons.com/FTLShipEdit.zip

It works now. I think it's a good tool, but some undo/redo functions would be nice though. Other than that, it's great. :)
winterpwner

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.84] (Please test!)

Postby winterpwner » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Darkfrost wrote:
snip
Can you make sure you extracted it properly? img/GUI/roomfuncs/s_pilot_overlay.png seems to be missing from the folder you installed the editor

So do I have to paste all the files from the editor to the FTL folder?