Easy mode ludicrously hard

General discussion about the game.
OmegaJasam

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby OmegaJasam » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:51 pm

I think the reason OP is getting such a hard time is because he's claiming he managed to lose 90% of his hull in the first jump to bad game design.

And he refuses to say how it happoned, leading most people to presume he played outright awfully and is anouther one of those vocal annoyances who, on the far to common case they are listened too, get games dumbed down to auto-win mode when nothing is actually wrong.

That, and it is a Rougelike. If you can't die to doing something wrong in easy mode, it's being done wrong.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 pm

OmegaJasam wrote:I think the reason OP is getting such a hard time is because he's claiming he managed to lose 90% of his hull in the first jump to bad game design.

And he refuses to say how it happoned, leading most people to presume he played outright awfully and is anouther one of those vocal annoyances who, on the far to common case they are listened too, get games dumbed down to auto-win mode when nothing is actually wrong.

That, and it is a Rougelike. If you can't die to doing something wrong in easy mode, it's being done wrong.

Even i he is someone like that, wouldn't it be better to explain what a roguelike is rather than attacking his "skill" or lack thereof? Tell him that he will evolve and become better over time, because that is the way the game is designed. ;)

Instead of telling him he is just bad suggest that most players come across those situations, but they stick with it and learn to cope with it. I've seen people say that they have finished it on the first or third try in this thread which just reinforces his belief that the game is broken. The game isn't designed for that, saying that you can do it is sending the wrong message to OP. I know what those that said it meant by it and were trying to argue... but they missed a step in the explanation. :( The game is centered around being destroyed and restarting and finding enjoyment in learning from that. Not from cruising through the game and getting the end screen. That's just a bonus. ;)

This isn't a casual game and might not be the right type of game for him. Or he could try to enjoy it in another way.
Therio

Postby Therio » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:42 pm

OP has failed to provide any significant details about the way he died. Therefore the thread is pointless and considering the response to the entire thread, probably wrong. :roll:

I think he forgot to read the part where dying is part of the experience in FTL. Nothing you can do but try again (or ragequit and uninstall, I suppose).
AzuredreamsXT

Postby AzuredreamsXT » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 pm

The OP is clearly a mongoloid, this game is if anything too easy.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

AzuredreamsXT wrote:The OP is clearly a mongoloid, this game is if anything too easy.

You clearly didn't have an upbringing. You are if anything rude. :twisted:
zarakon

Postby zarakon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Starbug wrote:Easy mode has more scrap, and a bit easier enemy generation, but thats about it.

I wouldn't say just "a bit easier" on the enemy ships.. Enemy ships on normal are about 2 sectors of difficulty above easy mode ships.

When you run into a ship with a triple burst laser and a beam on the first jump... :cry:
AzuredreamsXT

Postby AzuredreamsXT » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Gorlom wrote:
AzuredreamsXT wrote:The OP is clearly a mongoloid, this game is if anything too easy.

You clearly didn't have an upbringing. You are if anything rude. :twisted:

Lol, if only preventing rudeness was as simple as a proper upbringing. The world would be a much nicer place!

But I digress, the OP is whiny and incompetent.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Please stop insulting other forum users. Let me remind you that there are forum rules.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm

AzuredreamsXT wrote:But I digress, the OP is ...

He just doesn't know what a roguelike is and no one has bothered to tell him.
Real

Postby Real » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Some people in this thread are really a bit self-important...

Many of us also play Roguelikes and do not feel the need to flaunt our internet weenies.
It really takes a lot of effort not to lose faith in humanity when you see "OP is whiny and incompetent".

Really, the shame of it. Imagine what your mother would say if she knew you were talking like that to people.