Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Whale Cancer

Re: FTL: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby Whale Cancer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 am

While I'm not as gruff as Zaffre, I do consider grammar and spelling to be an important element of an event mod.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
All4n

Postby All4n » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 am

Fonjask wrote:*bla bla bla*

This should not be in the game yet, if it was I would rewrite and check it double!... did that one really quickly to get the idea down :lol:

if you find any errors and such, when they are in the <!-- --> tags they are not released and not finished. They are only in the code for testing.
Last edited by All4n on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
All4n

Postby All4n » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:58 am

Whale Cancer wrote:While I'm not as gruff as Zaffre, I do consider grammar and spelling to be an important element of an event mod.

It is, I agree. Feel free to notify us of any changes, or maybe improvements.

The example shown is not included ingame yet, due to it is not finished - as you clearly can see :)
Got a event, alternative text, or maybe a new sector? Add it to the Additional Events & Texts (AET) mod! Credits will be given, and you will help make a big pack of content!
All4n

Postby All4n » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

PvtVain wrote:Hey all4n. Add me to the OP in the Credits.

Also, add to the "6 Events" and put a 7, I added my Asteroid Mining event.

It is done.

Also we are at 8 events now, added another one + some extra names from the TV-Show Firefly :D
All4n

Postby All4n » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm

It is done.

Also we are at 8 events now, added another one + some extra names from the TV-Show Firefly :D
All4n

Postby All4n » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:31 pm

PvtVain wrote:
All4n wrote:

It is done.

Yeah I saw. I'll be writing up a eventList for some stuff.

Cool!

I was thinking about making a script that would update the forum post here, from a file on the repo - then you and others can change that too.

Good or useless?
dalolorn

Re: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby dalolorn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Idea: (inspired by the recent "Ghosts!" mod, but better... in theory.) Why not have 1 or more 'ghost encounter' events where you have a chance to get a ghost crewman, get attacked by 1 or more ghosts, or leave? (or worse? maybe ghost ship?)
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Maybe you can implement the ghost ship events already found in the code?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 am

PvtVain wrote:>Zaffre
Yeah, I like the idea. I'll take a look at the ghost encounters and I'll think of something. Right now I am rewriting a script. Won't be any longer.

Those could go with my idea. :)

PvtVain wrote:>dalolorn
Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, anyone who wanted to use those would have to go in and uncomment if they HAD the ghost mod. Which would be not much issue. But much might find it tedious.

I'm not sure I understand... The ghost mod only replaces all starting human crew on all playable ships with ghosts, and even that can be removed with ease.

My idea would allow for in-game dropping of more ghosts as well as combat against them.

Example:

You encounter a damaged ship slowly approaching the beacon.

1. Approach the ship.

2. Leave it alone.

3. (Improved Sensors or Long Range Sensors) Run a detailed scan.

4. (Slug) Have your Slug crewmember see if there is anybody alive aboard the ship.

5. (Cloaking) Engage the cloak, just in case, and prepare to leave.

1a. As you approach the ship, its weapons come online. It's a rebel!

Spawn somewhat inferior rebel ship.

1b. As you approach the ship, its weapons come online, but your sensors cannot detect a single person aboard. It's a ghost ship?

Spawn somewhat inferior ghost ship without life support.

1c. As you approach the ship, it falls apart and you soon hear laser fire from inside. You've been boarded!

Spawn ghosts or rebels, get about 10-15 scrap.

1d. As you approach the ship, it falls apart. You salvage it for components, but you are soon confronted by the ghost of the captain. (insert ghost saying stuff, wanting to join your crew)

1d1. Let him join your crew.

Get 1 ghost crewmember and some scrap.

1d2. Refuse.

Get some scrap, the ghost may or may not attack you.

And so on... I can't think of anything further.
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Event idea!

You arrive at a strange planet to be greeted by silence. The sensors are showing no life signs.
1. Land in a clearing.
2. Leave the strange planet.
After landing, you make your way through a thick, dense forest. Suddenly, you hear a noise in the bushes behind you!
1. Run back to the ship.
2. Investigate the noise.
3. Ignore it.

If you ignore the noise, one of your crew will be killed or you head back to the ship. If you investigate, you either find nothing, get a crew member killed, or get a new crew member. Hope you like the idea so far, if you want more just ask :)