[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
jackreichelt

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: An FTL Ship editor NEEDS TESTERS!

Postby jackreichelt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 am

Hey Darkfrost. I've got some experience developing for mac and I wouldn't mid making a mac port of this. If you'd like to send me your source code I'd love to give it a whack. PM me and we can sort something out.

Cheers,
jack
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm

It's all built with the .NET framework and C#, but it should run fine with Mono on a mac
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm using a html parser designed for real world html, seems to handle malformed xml fine
http://htmlagilitypack.codeplex.com/
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Why have I not posted before this? Gah! I am slime. :cry:
Fantastic tool Darkfrost, still some bugs to iron out I suppose but thank you tons for the release!
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Was wondering when I'd get a reply from you :p

Tell me any issues you have and I'll try and get them fixed asap :)
winterpwner

Postby winterpwner » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Darkfrost wrote:Ah, yeah, instructions, sorry! Knew I forgot something!

1. Open FTLEdit, then open up the options. You need to set up your paths to your data and resources folders.
It should be able to do this automatically - If you don't have ftl dat installed, click the download ftldat button to download the installer, then hit the extract files button. It should extract it all and configure the paths. If the cmd windows that pop up disappear instantly, it should atleast take a few seconds, something probably went wrong (Let me know if this happens)
It should save these options next time you load the program, but if it doesn't, let me know!
Click the load existing ship from the game folder button
Now doubleclick on a ship you want to load
(Or, click the create from scratch button)

It closes automatically. Thanks though :P
Darkfrost

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: An FTL Ship editor (Please test!)

Postby Darkfrost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

As in, the cmd boxes disappear straight away?

Weird. I'll have to take a look into that again, it was working at one point :(

EDIT: Yup. Had a trailing slash on it didn't like, whoops! New version uploaded, same url. Auto extract and augment exporting are fixed now
Earacorn

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.84] (Please test!)

Postby Earacorn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 am

First off, this is just amazing. Thank you for doing this. Second, I'm having trouble editing the base.. I have just been opening it in paint and changing some little things around.. Then I save it and load the base into the ship editor just fine. But when I try to use it in-game, it is just a huge black box with all the rooms inside :O. I'm a complete noob at this sort of thing and I barely got the ship editor working. Any advice? Thanks again!
Choggomac

Postby Choggomac » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 am

I am still having issues where there is a transparent box behind the ship. Also when I cloak, the ship graphic disappears. here is some screenshots.

Cloaked Ship
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/ ... bd1676.jpg

Ship with Transparent Box
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/ ... a05661.jpg
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 am

Hm... keep getting "unhandled exception" errors when trying to export the .XML of a "from scratch" build. Also, doesn't seem to load any of the default weapons or drones to pick from, despite having the paths set correctly in options. Still, building the room layout is SO much faster this way than editing each by hand, and the power settings for systems are a godsend.