Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
tdoe

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby tdoe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 am

I need help!

I downloaded the mod manager and extraced all the files and such in it, then placed all of them into my (windows) program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/FTL Faster Than Light folder. I then Click on the Modman icon (The one with the floppy disk) and just try to install the default extra scrap mod thing. I highlight that one and click "ok" or "install or "yes" or something like that. The command thing then fills in some lines of text and closes down. Then I start up FTL and it crashes before it can even load.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help me!
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 am

Sorry guys, anything to do with navigating the terminal and such is out of my support scope! But Google has a billion tutorials to that like if you want to pursue it.

Torchwood202 wrote:Anyway I couldn't do anything else with it to this point. Not sure if I do ANOTHER thing or its just broken for me...Well, plz respond and thanks for telling me how to get this far :D I really appreciate it!

No problem. You're getting errors because you're using an outdated version of python. Get the latest version (2.7.3, not 3.x) here.

tdoe wrote:I need help!

I downloaded the mod manager and extraced all the files and such in it, then placed all of them into my (windows) program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/FTL Faster Than Light folder. I then Click on the Modman icon (The one with the floppy disk) and just try to install the default extra scrap mod thing. I highlight that one and click "ok" or "install or "yes" or something like that. The command thing then fills in some lines of text and closes down. Then I start up FTL and it crashes before it can even load.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help me!

Not sure why that happens, but delete everything in the /resources/ folder and verify your game cache.
tdoe

Postby tdoe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 am

Huzzah! Thanks A bunch!
tdoe

Postby tdoe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 am

Hey again, How do I put .zip files into the Mod Manager? Some of the mods I downloaded are in .zip form and im not sure how to convert them to .ftl files
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 am

tdoe wrote:Hey again, How do I put .zip files into the Mod Manager? Some of the mods I downloaded are in .zip form and im not sure how to convert them to .ftl files

That one's super-easy. Press F2, then replace ".zip" with ".ftl"
Say yes when asked if you want to rename the file type.

That's all there is to it!
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 am

tdoe wrote:Hey again, How do I put .zip files into the Mod Manager? Some of the mods I downloaded are in .zip form and im not sure how to convert them to .ftl files

If it's .zip, it probably isn't compatible with GMM! Ask the author to convert it (if not for convenience reasons, for ethical ones.) :)
fdp139

Postby fdp139 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am

i got this error

Archive: /home/schpaksie/Downloads/FTL/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/modman.exe
[/home/schpaksie/Downloads/FTL/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/modman.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/schpaksie/Downloads/FTL/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/modman.exe or
/home/schpaksie/Downloads/FTL/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/modman.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/schpaksie/Downloads/FTL/Grognaks Mod Manager v1.3/modman.exe.ZIP, period.

also its the ubuntu version not the steam
rolfy

Postby rolfy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 pm

You, sir or madam, are a legend.
But I do have one teensy little request :)
Is there any chance that, in v1.4, the mod manager could launch the game when it's finished with all its patching and merging and whatnot?
tdoe

Postby tdoe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Grognak wrote:

If it's .zip, it probably isn't compatible with GMM! Ask the author to convert it (if not for convenience reasons, for ethical ones.) :)

Well, I looked on the master mod list, and it said that the ones I downloaded were compatable with GMM
tdoe

Postby tdoe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Kieve wrote:

That one's super-easy. Press F2, then replace ".zip" with ".ftl"
Say yes when asked if you want to rename the file type.

That's all there is to it!

When I press F2 it just goes straight into re-naming the .zip file. Not "replacing" anything.