Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
SSk77

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager

Postby SSk77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 pm

All of them are in ANSI, I don't know why that's happening, all the files became broken after I compressed them into the .ftl ZIP file.
Kanosint

Postby Kanosint » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm

This may have been asked before, I didn't see it... But I want to run the More Scrap included in the mod, the No Fleet pursuit mod, and the Weaponanza mod together... But for some reason it seems ONLY the last mod in the list is taken... Am I doing it wrong? If so, how to do it right?
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:05 pm

if the mods don't have .append support(seems like they don't) the last mod you install will overwrite the ones you installed before.
Alblaka

Postby Alblaka » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

In XML, the last entry overrides all previous ones. (or rather in FTL's implementation)
This means, if MOD A, MOD B and MOD C are all modifying the same element, MOD C's element will be taken (assuming they're loaded in said order).
However, elements only used by single mods will not be overridden (if the mod is coded right).

MoreScrap is per se infunctional, Grognak said he was going to fix it in near future.

For the other two mods, It could be possible they override each other, if they don't properly use the .append feature of GMM.
You can't do much about that, unless opening the mod's files and manually merging all their contents into a single mod / file.
Greetz,
Alblaka
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 pm

I fixed my mod now Alblaka, it was completely corrupt I don't know why, reinstalling the game and making everything again solved my problem :mrgreen:
Kanosint

Postby Kanosint » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Ah, OK, darn... Then I'll forget about weaponanza for now... I'd rather not be chased over having extra guns
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Grognak wrote:Mkdtemp is a python function though, it's not mine. It is supposed to create a new temporary folder (with a new randomly generated name each time.) Unless I'm missing something, when it created a new directory with the same name that was a freak 1/10000000... chance that shouldn't happen again. But I probably am missing something, mind posting your edited code in that section? :)

https://github.com/Grognak/Grognaks-Mod ... in.py#L149

It wasn't the mkdtemp, it was os.makedirs that was having issues.

My solution was to replace this:

Code: Select all

os.makedirs(os.path.join(tmp, item))

with this:

Code: Select all

new_path = os.path.join(tmp, item)
if not os.path.exists(new_path):
    os.makedirs(new_path)

And thanks for hosting on github - I like not having to actually download stuff to look at the code and see what changes have been made. :)
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Version 1.3 has been released.

Patch notes:
- Added custom subdirectory support
- Added an option to be able to use .zip files
- Integrated Icehawk78's stability patch
- Now includes modman.ini
Alblaka

Postby Alblaka » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Grognak wrote:
Patch notes:

Mind elaborating these 2?

Can I now use any sort of file structure below the given root folders? F.e./img/AW/*.png
What exactly do you mean by option? It's a toggle in the modman.ini, I guess?
Greetz,
Alblaka
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Alblaka wrote:
Grognak wrote:
Patch notes:

Mind elaborating these 2?

Can I now use any sort of file structure below the given root folders? F.e./img/AW/*.png
What exactly do you mean by option? It's a toggle in the modman.ini, I guess?

Yes Alblaka, now you can add your own directories and the GMM will add them to the game and you can choose if the GMM will accept a ZIP file or if you want it just to use FTL files, my opinion is to accept it by default, much easier, but for those that prefer FTL files..