Do mod ships make the game easier?

General discussion about the game.
jonhconstantine11

Do mod ships make the game easier?

Postby jonhconstantine11 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 am

I have finally got around to get this game, and was wondering how much the mod ships affect difficulty as some of them look overpowered compared to normal starter ships?

Should I stick with vanilla ships until I have a better grasp of the game or will modded ships really help me?
Fins

Re: Do mod ships make the game easier?

Postby Fins » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 am

Some modded ships make the game easier, but some others make it harder, too. Same is truth for vanilla ships: some of them make the game easier, yet others are well known "pull your hair out" hard nuts to play, like for example Stealth Cruiser B.

But indeed, it's best to stick with vanilla ships for a good while. This is not for "learning the game", one can learn the game flying any ships. But rather, this is because vanilla ships are made in ways which lead you to discover and practice different play styles. Modded ships are way less suited for this task. Who knows which one play style you'd like best? And you'd never know if you don't try. :)
bhaiterabhai

Re: Do mod ships make the game easier?

Postby bhaiterabhai » Wed May 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Instead of using mods, use the console. Gift yourself 100k units of each science type, so that you’ll climb the Tech Tree twice as fast until the stored science is used up.

You can also use the console to give yourself Minerals, Influence and Energy Credits.

Another thing you can do is set up the game with 0 Ai Empires, 0 Advanced Start and 0 Fallen Empires. Setting the first to zero used to require a mod, but not now.

Two mods you can use is Balanced Start and Deposit Creator.

Balanced Start adds 2 quite identical starting systems that you can select during empire creation. You get 8 Minerals, 10 Energy and 3 of each Science. It’s meant as an alternative to the swingy RNG systems, but I think it’s a bit too generous. I use it, but I hope I won’t have to with 2.0.

Deposit Creator lets you create mineable deposits on planets, moons, stars and asteroids. share it installvidmate.com