[Bug] Crash on start up

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
BrenTenkage

[Bug] Crash on start up

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:45 pm

No idea why this is happening, I even did a full system reboot to factory settings, but my game loads up, appears for a second then poofs out. No idea why. Did I piss of someone on the dev team or something?
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Arfy

Re: [Bug] Crash on start up

Postby Arfy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:50 am

BrenTenkage wrote:No idea why this is happening, I even did a full system reboot to factory settings, but my game loads up, appears for a second then poofs out. No idea why. Did I piss of someone on the dev team or something?

Try deleting every file and folder in the game's directory and then uninstall and reinstall the game (unless this is what you mean by "full system reboot" -- if that is the case, then I have no idea what the issue is).
Back up any mod files you have; you'll need to reinstall Karto's mod loader however.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:43 am

Arfy wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:No idea why this is happening, I even did a full system reboot to factory settings, but my game loads up, appears for a second then poofs out. No idea why. Did I piss of someone on the dev team or something?

Try deleting every file and folder in the game's directory and then uninstall and reinstall the game (unless this is what you mean by "full system reboot" -- if that is the case, then I have no idea what the issue is).
Back up any mod files you have; you'll need to reinstall Karto's mod loader however.

I literally spent over 70 bucks to delate everything on my pc and turn it back to factory new
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
isla

Postby isla » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:49 am

Do you have Steam cloud sync enabled? It might be pulling a corrupted version of your profile.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:30 am

isla wrote:Do you have Steam cloud sync enabled? It might be pulling a corrupted version of your profile.

how would I go about clearing that? that might be the issue
isla

Postby isla » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 am

From your Steam Library, right-click on FTL and select "Properties."--> Click the "Updates" tab. --> Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for FTL." --> Click "Close."