Vicious Vessels - 40 new enemy ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Woona

Re: Vicious Vessels - 38 new enemy ships

Postby Woona » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:46 pm

dizzy_xc wrote:Thanks for the response, I'm enjoying the mod very much and it is playable as is. I can run from the Energy Aggressor, but can't engage it in combat or it locks up the game. I think manually deleting the Energy Aggressor, which btw is locking up my game anytime any of your three versions take damage, is the best path forward. My game is otherwise extremely stable.

So here's my question, what exactly do I need to delete to make sure the Energy Aggressor is safely deleted? I ask because I'm not sure if you have events that call for that ship. So if I delete the ship out of the data folder, I can open up the other event folders and line item delete anything that references the Energy Aggressor. But how many events are all tied into it? And is that step necessary? If I simply delete the ship out of the data folder would that work? Or do I need to go thru all events and line item delete stuff?

If I understood you correctly, adding a rare ship which uses a lot of ion weapons on a pulsar was a terrible idea because in some situations all of your critical systems get locked and you are unable to damage the enemy or jump away while you don't take any hull damage yourself. But the game doesn't crash, am I right?

I changed the ship a bit going from v9 to v10. In v9 it was called Energy Aggressor and used a green sprite, in v10 I made a new grey sprite for this event, called it Zoltan Ion Assault, while the green ship became a common Zoltan ship. I will probably have to tweak this ship again in the next version. If you have any suggestions, you are welcome to post them here.

Edit: removed link
Last edited by Woona on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Woona wrote:
dizzy_xc wrote:Thanks for the response, I'm enjoying the mod very much and it is playable as is. I can run from the Energy Aggressor, but can't engage it in combat or it locks up the game. I think manually deleting the Energy Aggressor, which btw is locking up my game anytime any of your three versions take damage, is the best path forward. My game is otherwise extremely stable.

So here's my question, what exactly do I need to delete to make sure the Energy Aggressor is safely deleted? I ask because I'm not sure if you have events that call for that ship. So if I delete the ship out of the data folder, I can open up the other event folders and line item delete anything that references the Energy Aggressor. But how many events are all tied into it? And is that step necessary? If I simply delete the ship out of the data folder would that work? Or do I need to go thru all events and line item delete stuff?

If I understood you correctly, adding a rare ship which uses a lot of ion weapons on a pulsar was a terrible idea because in some situations all of your critical systems get locked and you are unable to damage the enemy or jump away while you don't take any hull damage yourself. But the game doesn't crash, am I right?

I changed the ship a bit going from v9 to v10. In v9 it was called Energy Aggressor and used a green sprite, in v10 I made a new grey sprite for this event, called it Zoltan Ion Assault, while the green ship became a common Zoltan ship. I will probably have to tweak this ship again in the next version. If you have any suggestions, you are welcome to post them here.

I removed both ships for good measure in the version below, but I don't know what happens to existing saved games if you change game's data. Hopefully, ships that can't be found are replaced with Rebel Riggers.

Download link for version with problematic ships removed

No, what is happening is that after a bit of weapons fire and having the Energy Aggressor ship takes damage, the game freezes. It locks up and I have to TaskMgr to close the program. I don't know what causes the game to freeze, but it always happens after I do damage to that specific ship. If I don't damage it, I can Jump away and all is good. So while your mod had a bug, it has a workaround. Ok, so I'll DL the latest version. Is it the Full version with all the events? And thanks for the reply and help! Great mod here!
Woona

Postby Woona » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:12 pm

dizzy_xc wrote:No, what is happening is that after a bit of weapons fire and having the Energy Aggressor ship takes damage, the game freezes. It locks up and I have to TaskMgr to close the program. I don't know what causes the game to freeze, but it always happens after I do damage to that specific ship. If I don't damage it, I can Jump away and all is good. So while your mod had a bug, it has a workaround. Ok, so I'll DL the latest version. Is it the Full version with all the events? And thanks for the reply and help! Great mod here!

Wow, I haven't encountered such freezes before, I will try to find out what's causing it. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Found it,

Code: Select all

Choice for W_ENERGY_AGGRESSOR_SHIP surrender  1910 does not have an event

That was entirely my mistake.
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Woona wrote:
dizzy_xc wrote:No, what is happening is that after a bit of weapons fire and having the Energy Aggressor ship takes damage, the game freezes. It locks up and I have to TaskMgr to close the program. I don't know what causes the game to freeze, but it always happens after I do damage to that specific ship. If I don't damage it, I can Jump away and all is good. So while your mod had a bug, it has a workaround. Ok, so I'll DL the latest version. Is it the Full version with all the events? And thanks for the reply and help! Great mod here!

Wow, I haven't encountered such freezes before, I will try to find out what's causing it. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Found it,

Code: Select all

Choice for W_ENERGY_AGGRESSOR_SHIP surrender  1910 does not have an event

That was entirely my mistake.

Awesome! I'm so glad you found it! That needle in the haystack would have taken me ages to find! I hope you release an updated Full version of your mod!
dizzy_xc

Re: Vicious Vessels - 40 new enemy ships

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 am

Woona wrote:Image

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Vicious Vessels - enemy ships

Inconvenient Incidents - events

Affordable Augmentations (and Discounted Drones) - tiny balance mod

Will the Inconvenient Incidents - events and Affordable Augmentations work with Arsenal+ Mod in your opinion?
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:48 am

And which is the latest file?

Vicious Vessels 10.1 (2 zoltans cut).ftl

or

Vicious Vessels 10.ftl on the main OP page?
Woona

Postby Woona » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 pm

dizzy_xc wrote:Will the Inconvenient Incidents - events and Affordable Augmentations work with Arsenal+ Mod in your opinion?

When I have some free time (and when I'm done with tweaking Rebel ships), I will move those 2 mods into their own threads, make some screenshots, and do some research about compatibility.

Inconvenient Incidents is an event pack, if Arsenal + does not change lists that call events, it should work.

Affordable Augmentations is just some price changes, I prefer the game that way, so I decided why not post it here, but it doesn't have any content (it was done in an hour or so).

dizzy_xc wrote:And which is the latest file?

Vicious Vessels 10.1 (2 zoltans cut).ftl

or

Vicious Vessels 10.ftl on the main OP page?

Updated the first post with the latest version to avoid any confusion.
dizzy_xc

Postby dizzy_xc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks!
Woona

Postby Woona » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:20 am

Updated. Total ship count is the same, but there were some additions and deletions with the goal of improving general quality of the mod.
Spudozaurus

Postby Spudozaurus » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Hey Woona, first of all thank you for your mod, I enjoyed playing on it a lot!

I encountered a bug (I think) and am not sure whether it has been fixed or not since then. I was playing on version 9 and encountered an event where my Mantis didn't want to cooperate anymore since I've been in too many Nebulae beacons. I had an option with my Slug crew (which was supposed to be a bluetext one) but it was greyed out, and am not sure why. I am not even sure if this is a bug or I didn't understant something though. BTW I'm patching with 11.2 now :D

Keep up the good work!