FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
chaincat

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Postby chaincat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 am

I have to say, for as great as this mod is and how much I love the changes, the early difficulty is simply ludicrous. This isn't a matter of me using suboptimal strategies, this is a matter of enemy ships simply having too much in early sectors, and oversaturation of content makes it very difficult for the player to keep up realistically. Drones that ignore shields and cause hull breeches are fine. 3 damage missiles are fine. Defense Drone 2s are fine. Scatter lasers are fine. Everything in this mod is fine on its own, and later on is fine combined. However, the AI should not have everything I specifically mentioned by name all at once with a mantis boarding crew and 2 layers of shields in sector 1, even in hard mode. I'm playing on endless if it matters, but after chilling in sector 1 level areas for a while and never finding weapons that deal damage only to suddenly be jumped by an auto scout with a flak, a scatter gun, and a burst laser 2 with a defense 2, an anti crew drone and an assault drone, and it turned my engines off before the fight even begins, I don't feel like I did anything wrong, or that I could have done anything different. I'm just arbitrarily killed for no reason. This is not something that happens in vanilla ftl, not in sector 1 at least, and if more work ever goes back into this mod, I hope this changes.

Also the loading screen is messed up. The load bars is off-center by like an inch from the bar it's supposed to be filling.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't mean to say sector one should be super easy, but please limit how much a sector 1 ship can have. They shouldn't have effectively 5 guns firing on me with 2 shields before I get more than whatever I started with. Either limit them to 2 shields or make it so they have a combined limit of 3 guns and drones or something.
Zehir

Bug : "x is now an ennemy" on FTL restart in combat

Postby Zehir » Sat May 18, 2019 8:07 pm

I had found a ship to train my crew, then saved + quit,
and on FTL restart I got a message saying a crewman is now an ennemy and the fleet pursuit doubled for 1 jump.
Mantis B
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.308
FTL Captains Edition 1.308
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.301
Extended Pursuit Indicator x24 with numbers v.1.3

Saved game files : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjNraHxvt6f5yW7JgaJfIfge2Ki7
https://imgur.com/Z5qUkP3
Last edited by Zehir on Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Hey Sleeper,
I've just been wondering what the drones that didn't work as intended (sad drones) and why they didn't work? Some of them look pretty cool!
Also, what is the red bomb listed under "special gear"? I don't think I've encountered it like the other three.
Thanks!
shakablemarlin0

Postby shakablemarlin0 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Where do i get this mod? There is no link for it!!!!
AksK17

Postby AksK17 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Hey Sleeper, I really want to try this mod but I get a glitch where my weapons and crew are strange coloured blocks. I tried the troubleshooting step of making sure I had all of the mods in the right order, but that didn't fix it. Is there anything I'm missing? I'm using BPaB and the additional music addon. I have the compatability patch and the CE resource pack.

https://imgur.com/a/QsSNHqx is the order in slipstream.
enoxides

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.283/Inf 1.28/EL 1.282

Postby enoxides » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 am

DJMAGaming wrote:
stylesrj wrote:
DJMAGaming wrote:I hope someone will answer... I'm new to modding, and I've been trying to get this to work for 4 days now. I've read everything on the first page, and tried the solutions. I've re-ordered the mods on the SMM list, I've re-downloaded FTL and SMM several times. I can get it to launch with the weird CE image and it never progresses. I've done everything. And each time I start it with the mods, I do the "verify Integrity" thing and I'm always missing 2 files and have to re-download them again. Someone, help... I just wanna play CE :cry:

Did you delete the backups that SMM creates?
Because you'll want to make sure the backup files are of vanilla FTL so when you upload a mod, it goes back to your backup, then compiles CE into your game.
I remember not doing that at one point so every time I restarted the game, the Rebel Fleet would be delayed by 10000 jumps and I had features from A Strange New Galaxy.

Also, after you patched CE into the game, don't go to Steam and verify the game cache integrity. That removes the mods you just put in!

Just tried doing that, and it still doesnt load it up... Just goes to the loading screen with the weird CE icon, and then an error pops up saying it took to long to load :/ at this rate i'll never play CE :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey DJMAGaming this has nothing to do with this topic but I was hoping to get a fresh link for your custom Federation Medical Cruiser because all of yours are broken, same with the original. I hope you see this message in time.
azeazezar

Postby azeazezar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Found a small bug with the weapon modifiers: Supercharged fire beam does not in fact pierce shield, while the discription clearly states it should.
atlaspaw

Postby atlaspaw » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 am

Hello, I'm having a problem with the endless loot texture pack addon. I can load everything properly following the order in the wiki and the forums, and everything is installed properly by SMM, but when i get to loading the game it takes a very long time on the loading screen (the new CE one) but crashes with a Mingw assertion failed error and the message:
Assertion failed
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp

Line: 1388

I tried reinstalling FTL, reinstalling SMM, removing ftl.dat from the backup folder in SMM and everything i could find on the internet including using the 4Gb patch, but nothing worked. I can run the game with CE only and CE and endless loot without textures but it crashes whenever i load the texture pack. Any idea how to fix this or a version of endless loot without the texture pack and normal textures?
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Welp.

I was making good progress on winning with every ship on Hard from a clean save. My first run in the Rock C was proving to be an absolute blinder, successfully decrewing almost every enemy ship and managing to reach the Crystal sector, unlocking the Crystal A.

Then we had a brownout.

And when the power came back and I rebooted my computer? My save file has been completely wiped.

The game was already fighting me tooth-and-nail just to get this far (multiple at-flagship defeats in Stealth C, horrific RNG screw in the Rock B and Lanius B, having to play both the Kestral B and Stealth A eight times each to finally get a win, etc.), so clearly it just doesn't want me to get it done.

And you know, what, game?

Fine.

You win.

I am never playing FTL again... I can take a hint...

It's nice when everything in your life is suicide-inducingly depressing. It's just nice.
Fins

Postby Fins » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am

Maaaaan, seriously?

Those matters with save files wiping out, they are easily and quickly solvable in case of FTL, by making a simple .bat file (assuming you're Windows) which copies your save files to a separate location, and then making a task in your OS' built-in scheduler to run this .bat file like every couple minutes. FTL save files are so incredibly small this won't stress your PC at all - while providing you near-real-time backup for your save, making it entirely protected against any brownouts. At worst you'd lose a minute of gameplay or so.

I am sure google can tell you details about how to do this. And yep, condolences on the good run wiped by those lazy electricians or somesuch... It happens. Don't let it get you down, man.