[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
UsedC

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Postby UsedC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Expect Endless Loot loadouts by the end of next week (if I'm not super lazy).
Suu

Postby Suu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 am

How do you use this?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

Suu wrote:How do you use this?

extract the download file then,
rannl wrote:The usage is simple : run the .exe file for windows or .sh for linux.
Mac OS users should make sure the .sh has executable permissions on their system.

select either "AE" or "ACE" from the dropdown list (select "ACE" if you intend to use it for Captain's Edition, otherwise "AE")

then you can set the output file destination, but I think the default is the same folder as the generator executable

then click "Build Random Ship" and voila! there should be a ".ftl" file wherever the output file destination was chosen which you can then put in your mods folder of Slipstream Mod Manager.

I think that's about it. if you want to change the source material, you should check out the Randtrel Asset Creation Guide which can be found in a link on the first post
rannl

Postby rannl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:26 am

Hello All,
Just wanted to check if anyone might have any requests for additional features for this mod.
I might get a chance to release an updated version in the future.
Randtrel has been downloaded more then 8000 times!
Keep on FTLing and have fun in general.
rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 am

Gidoza wrote:
rannl wrote:Hello All,
Just wanted to check if anyone might have any requests for additional features for this mod.

I'm actually presently working on a mod of it whereby there's a list of pre-set Flagship variants that are all about equally-capable while all being different. I was wondering if it would be possible when I'm done to have a Randomizer for the pre-sets so that the player can fight against a different one every time? (much like the current Randomizer here - but it randomizes a pre-set instead of everything generally)

Hi Gidoza,
I'll see what I can do, hopefully this weekend. Haven't looked at the tool's code for about 2 years, so it might take me a little bit of time.
Gartholemule

Postby Gartholemule » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 am

I was just wondering if this mod will have support for ce endless loot... or if it already has support? If it does already support how do I have it utilize assets from the ce endless loot mod? Thank you very much in advance for the help. Love this mod it adds a breath of fresh air to FTL
Wenex

Postby Wenex » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:01 am

rannl wrote:Hello All,

Hey. Pretty late response - only 2 years late lol - but I'm still using CE mods with yours.

From what I understand your mod randomizes ships, but only once when the file is created right? Did you ever thought about making optional file or just a smilair mod where the ships are randomized every run? Layouts, weapons, crew, equipment etc.? I think I would have used it, if it worked like that without the need of creating the file again.

I hope you are still lurking those forums :D Cheers.
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:15 am

This is not possible for technical reasons.
Image Image Image
Wenex

Postby Wenex » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:11 pm

bamalf wrote:This is not possible for technical reasons.

Oh okay, I see. Bummer.