I'm an idiot, please help

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stickman_king_28

I'm an idiot, please help

Postby stickman_king_28 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 am

I have installed several ship mods, but I am only able to use the ones normally present within the game. I have installed weapon mods and captain's edition. Please help.
EDIT: It seems the mod manager was the problem: when I close slipstream, all mods become deselected. how do I keep them toggled?
I always need help in one way or another, such as ship editing
mr_easy_money

Re: I'm an idiot, please help

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 pm

stickman_king_28 wrote:I have installed several ship mods, but I am only able to use the ones normally present within the game. I have installed weapon mods and captain's edition. Please help.
EDIT: It seems the mod manager was the problem: when I close slipstream, all mods become deselected. how do I keep them toggled?

You can't keep them toggled but there's no need to anyway. Look, with slipstream you select the mods you want to use then patch only when you want to change the mods that are on FTL. If you've already patched mods in, you don't need to open slipstream and re-patch every time you want to play them, you just open FTL directly, the mods will be there.

I hope I answered your question? Don't worry, I thought the same thing for the longest time. I keep a shortcut to FTL and the mod manager folder so it's easy to re-open.

Slipstream untoggles everything when you re-open so that it's easy to switch mods; you don't have to deselect mods when switching overhauls etc. But sure there are times when I always want the same few extra mods on (for example, extended pursuit indicator), wish there was some way to toggle that.
stickman_king_28

Re: I'm an idiot, please help

Postby stickman_king_28 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Thank you! That should work.
I always need help in one way or another, such as ship editing