New to FTL Mods...

General discussion about the game.
TheGofa

New to FTL Mods...

Postby TheGofa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 am

Hi there,

Been trying to get going with Infinite Space mod, but keep getting mashed.

Is there any way to change the progression system as we go through the sectors? Reason im asking is on many occasions I go through the first sector and as I enter the 2nd my first battle is a 3 or 4 shielded, 3 or more weaponed bringer of instant death, destruction, gnashing of teeth (and keyboard) and instant hatred of anything within 2 parsecs of me IRL.

Thanks for any help,
TG
RAD-82

Re: New to FTL Mods...

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:56 am

The way Infinite Space is designed, difficulty cannot scale, so both easy and hard encounters exist together. You have to run from the hard encounters until you can build yourself up, and hope they don't destroy you in the process.

If you want potentially endless play with scaling, you will need to try a different mod.

Captain's Edition has an infinite addon that scales difficulty.

If you don't want Captain's Edition, there is a vanilla alternative that was made to be similar to the CE Infinite concept: FTL: Extended

There is a Russian overhaul mod called Arsenal, which also has an infinite addon. There is an English translation available on these forums.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
TheGofa

Postby TheGofa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:46 am

Hey RAD-82 !!

Thanks so much for the reply, I have used the Captains Edition mod but didnt realise there was an infinite addon.

I will try this setup right now, and again, thanks very much.
TG
TheGofa

Postby TheGofa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 am

Absolutely perfect, thanks RAD-82 im having a blast :)
TG
lukaskupasz

Postby lukaskupasz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

I am looking for some quality of life mods (maybe something that quickly displays how much power you have to allocate when you hover over) but am curious as to what the modding community has done for this fantastic game!