[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Thu May 31, 2018 4:29 pm

"All right," Jake said. "Now what?"
And that's when they heard it. Scurrying footsteps across the deck plating. Jake felt his stomach drop, but didn't have time to react before one of the things was on top of him. He toppled over from the crushing weight, held down by a large, slimey, boney creature.

The rebel grabbed a steal pipe from the ceiling of his damage ship, held it in front of the creature's neck and pulled. He yanked the creature off of Jake with the steel pipe, only to hear the being howl in pain as the Rebel repeatedly struck it with the pipe. Jake grabbed the rifle and was about to shoot, when suddenly the howling and screeching from the organism sounded like it was being autotuned. Gurgling, organic noises were converted into computerized tones. The universal translator was kicking in.

The Rebel and Jake stood above the wounded creature, listening as words emerged from the technological sounds. Soon, it was clear enough to have a conversation. Jake aimed the rifle, just in case.

"By Savaia, save me from my demons," The creature said, the tone of its voice upset and defeated.

"Who are you?" Jake said.

"What? You can understand me?" The creature replied.

"Yes... We thought you were... Some kind of monster..."

"We thought you were the Armageddon..."

"What? Why?" Jake asked.

"So you are not demons?"

"No... I don't think so..."
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:44 am

After King lost connection, The Lanius Fleet were switching frequencies trying to contact someone, while fighting off the creatures. Eventually they got contact. The other side spoke first.
“This is General Vikar of the Rebel Fleet, who may I have the gratitude of contacting?”
After translating, the commander of one of the Lanius ships responded. “We are a fleet of Lanius that are a part of the Rogue Union.” There was a short pause before the Genral responded, while the translator did its work on his side.
“Hah! Rogue Union, those Federation wannabes thinking they have a chance. Ahem, sorry. So you're Lanius? Interesting.”
“We are surprised you see us as interesting and not remarking a xenophobic comment and threatening our death.” the Lanius remarked.
“Xenophobic?” the rebel general responded, “No no no. That is a common misconception, the rebels aren't xenophobic. Of course it might seem that way, but we respect ALL races. We only kill under the most extreme of circumstances, and even so I’m not in the position to kill anything, darn black hole. And besides, we believe Lanius are a misunderstood species. Just look at this: a civilised conversation.”
The Lanius didn't buy a word of what the rebel said, but it was better than noone. “I suggest a temporary truce until everyone can get back to the previous condition.” The lanius proposed.
“Hm, I suppose. You under attack by those things?”
“Indeed we are. It seems these creatures don’t need to breathe oxygen, as they are surviving in our oxygenless ships.”
“So those things are anaerobic as well? Nothing stopping these things.”
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:21 pm

(Cargo hold) The backup power eventually ran out and the red emergency lights went out and the force field went out.
He stuck his head out of both corners of the door to make sure he was alone and did the best he could to not make noise.
He found the scrap hold and melted them down into a flamethrower like weapon fed by the two pressurized tanks on his back filled with a cyro like substance and a welder like mask for protection, as he was doing this he heard something fall and turned with he cyrothrower shaking as he was holding it backing up to the doorway as he did and ran for a closet to hide/gain a defensive position still shaking in fear of death as his eyes dart around.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Whiskey wrote:(Cargo hold) The backup power eventually ran out and the red emergency lights went out and the force field went out.
He stuck his head out of both corners of the door to make sure he was alone and did the best he could to not make noise.
He found the scrap hold and melted them down into a flamethrower like weapon fed by the two pressurized tanks on his back filled with a cyro like substance and a welder like mask for protection, as he was doing this he heard something fall and turned with he cyrothrower shaking as he was holding it backing up to the doorway as he did and ran for a closet to hide/gain a defensive position still shaking in fear of death as his eyes dart around.

Woah, woah, woah, you’re getting ahead of yourself there.
JakeCollins hasn’t actually accepted your character into the RP, you should wait until he does until you start participating.
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:25 am

I PM him few days ago and was approved. sorry if my arrival was unannounced, My bad :D
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:04 am

Whiskey wrote:I PM him few days ago and was approved. sorry if my arrival was unannounced, My bad :D

Oh, okay. :oops:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Well, I think I put myself at a point where I don't really know what to add. Because Lux has made contact with Kyrie so I'm waiting for that response

Eden did not like that slimy residue gathering at her console. The slimy residue probably did not like being shot at with a blaster.
There was some hissing static on the comms, including sounds of blaster fire, gunfire and growling. A few distorted voices started screaming for help or mercy.
Probably one of those Rebel bastards being killed by whatever is happening out there, she thought dismissively, My crew would never be pleading like that.
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:02 pm

The ears of Nicholas was riging , not to say he was almost stunned by the explosion that occurred all over the ship.
Did we hit a ship?
As the gravitation modue was unpowered , he was drifting in the middle of the room

Before he could completely regain his senses , a shape by the other end of the room appeared.
With , what was unmistakably a laser pistol. Pointing at him.
Quickly , the young boy jumped across the room , but it was too late ...

tic

A failed fire sound. What was maybe a rebel looked at his weapon with scared and confused eyes.
Before he could realise it, Nicholas hands were around his neck, strangling him to death.

When Nicolas was finished with the rebel, he went to the main cargo room.

Err, why the comms still works, but the entire ship is off?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:16 am

Either the Pelican's comms are just a bunch of radios strung together because the actual comms broke down years ago and Eden doesn't want to get them repaired... or perhaps The Silence somehow are influencing the system for that horror movie ambience thing.
I'm leaning towards the former.

Also, I think gravity on ships are tied to life support; how is Jake able to walk around on the Mutare and how are the bad guys allowed to run around in zero-G?
I believe The Silence has taken the primary systems off line except for Life Support on all ships. Makes it easier to sneak up on people?
NEmergix

Postby NEmergix » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:33 am

Only jake can clarify the debate .