[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:37 am

Sediment walked into the Scarab's medbay, where it seems everyone is congregating. He walked to Ruwen's bed. “Is he alright?” He asked, worried for the future of Rockman and Crystallin kind alike.
“He is in a lot of pain, but he will be alright.” Grom reassured, not entirely sure if Ruwen will be alright. Sediment kneels and mutters an ancient Rockman healing hymn, believed to sway the Gods to help those in hurt.
“That reminds me,” Grom said, “Jake, we could use the Mutare's facilities to help Ruwen and Bren.”
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Sediment walked into the Scarab's medbay, where it seems everyone is congregating. He walked to Ruwen's bed. “Is he alright?” He asked, worried for the future of Rockman and Crystallin kind alike.
“He is in a lot of pain, but he will be alright.” Grom reassured, not entirely sure if Ruwen will be alright. Sediment kneels and mutters an ancient Rockman healing hymn, believed to sway the Gods to help those in hurt.
“That reminds me,” Grom said, “Jake, we could use the Mutare's facilities to help Ruwen and Bren.”

Jake was extremely disappointed that he couldn't see his friend while undergoing such a "bright" treatment. "Yes! Whatever you need! My medbay is open! Begin transport prep immediately." He said, when Grom suggested the Mature's medbay.

Meanwhile, Sarah could vaguely hear someone was talking with her. Computer processing was down to about 32% so she wasn't exactly thinking straight. She also couldn't materialize her avatar due to the energy-repression. She hated this. Sarah didn't really let on, but when your mind is in a supercomputer you arn't exactly at a human level of intelligence. In fact, Sarah was nowhere near human. Her avatar was just a facade to make her seem more human. When she was not communicating with her avatar, her mind inhabited the computer. Sarah could process data in 11 dimensions, and thought in terms of 11 dimensional space. It was hard for her to dumb down her thoughts into 3 dimensional terms. One of the weirdest things of all to her was love. She was in love, with Jake Collins. She had tried to express this before, but he just sort of slinked away and avoided her. She knew that she occupied his thoughts, but she chose to respect him and probe no further.

Ahhhh... and again, her mind was wandering. This is what she hated, having 32% processing power. Her thinking was limited. Even beyond that of a normal human mortal. She could barely understand Lux, or Eden, or whoever was talking to her. So, she lined her audio through the comms and managed to gasp "Go away." before closing the feed.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 am

Grom was essentially estatic as Jake's aproval, “Excellent! I'll transport Bren and Kira can transport, Kira?” It seemed that Kira has disappeared from the medbay. To this day she still hasn't set foot on the Mutare (at least when Sarah is activated) however has not told anyone why. She just avoided it, which sometimes seemed a bit off. “Okay then,” Grom was interupted by Sediment.
“If I may,” Sediment asked, “it would be an honour to transport Ruwen to the medbay.”
“Okay, sure.” Grom approved, trying to ignore that Sediment is speaking like Ruwen is royalty to him, which he is in a way.
Grom and Sediment made their way to the Mutare's medbay, carefully transporting Bren and Ruwen on their medical beds. While Doctor Grom was adjusting the Mutare's mebay and hooked Bren and Ruwen to some futuristic medical equipment, Sediment went to the nearest wall. “Sarah, can you.” before Sediment could even finish the question Sarah exasperated “Go away!” through the comms. Sediment was taken back at this, but shrugged it off. ‘She is probably tired.’ he thought, ‘Wait, do AI even get tired?’
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Kyrie followed the others to the Mutare’s medbay. Wonderful. Back into the dimly lit hell hole. She had grown to hate the ship after having to stay on it for so long. “Grom if there’s anything I can do to help with them just let me know.” She sat down in the medbay and watched the medical work being done.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 am

Probably best not to antagonise the AI further lest they decide venting out the ship is the best way to get rid of the annoying meatbags, Lux thought to herself, But then again, the AI could be programmed to do it anyway if we uncover something we shouldn't when we probe deeper into the singularity.
With a few more zaps with a logic probe, she declared the laser was "sufficiently calibrated."
Then she glanced at one of the ship map and noticed that everyone was gathering in the Medbay. "Jake... I think you might want to set a viewscreen to the Weapons Cameras, because a lightshow is about to begin" she said over the comms.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu May 10, 2018 2:06 am

stylesrj wrote:Probably best not to antagonise the AI further lest they decide venting out the ship is the best way to get rid of the annoying meatbags, Lux thought to herself, But then again, the AI could be programmed to do it anyway if we uncover something we shouldn't when we probe deeper into the singularity.
With a few more zaps with a logic probe, she declared the laser was "sufficiently calibrated."
Then she glanced at one of the ship map and noticed that everyone was gathering in the Medbay. "Jake... I think you might want to set a viewscreen to the Weapons Cameras, because a lightshow is about to begin" she said over the comms.

I might be forgetting something important... Why does Lux think Sarah has some secret (somewhat sinister) intel inside her?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm

JakeCollins wrote:I might be forgetting something important... Why does Lux think Sarah has some secret (somewhat sinister) intel inside her?

When dealing with something so shadowy that Jake only refers to as "The Silence" it's probably a reasonable precaution to make sure the AI from the future isn't going to engage "Human Eradication Mode" if they get too close to finding the secrets. Also, you probably glossed over this a page or two ago:

stylesrj wrote:Lux looked back at Jake as he headed towards the Scarab "Inform me of any injuries that can't be treated on the field; setting up and callibrating this laser won't be easy, so I can't just leave to deal with a headache or a broken arm."
As soon as the doors sealed though, she looked towards the console "Sarah, are you sure there hasn't been any changes in the singularity? Is there a hidden protocol file in your databanks that can only be opened by the CEO of some company in the future because they were paranoid that something would upset their monopoly?"
Like in that one episode of Captain Awesome... she thought to herself, amused at how many things were lining up with her favourite TV show, although they usually gloss over the long waiting periods when it comes to stellar anomalies...
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:09 am

Kyrie wrote:Grom if there’s anything I can do to help with them just let me know.

Grom finished doing adjustments to the medbay before answering Kyrie's question “Thanks for asking, but I doubt it. If you have some expert scientific knowledge to help concoct medicine for Ruwen that would be excellent.”
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun May 13, 2018 3:27 am

stylesrj wrote:
JakeCollins wrote:I might be forgetting something important... Why does Lux think Sarah has some secret (somewhat sinister) intel inside her?

When dealing with something so shadowy that Jake only refers to as "The Silence" it's probably a reasonable precaution to make sure the AI from the future isn't going to engage "Human Eradication Mode" if they get too close to finding the secrets. Also, you probably glossed over this a page or two ago:

stylesrj wrote:Lux looked back at Jake as he headed towards the Scarab "Inform me of any injuries that can't be treated on the field; setting up and callibrating this laser won't be easy, so I can't just leave to deal with a headache or a broken arm."
As soon as the doors sealed though, she looked towards the console "Sarah, are you sure there hasn't been any changes in the singularity? Is there a hidden protocol file in your databanks that can only be opened by the CEO of some company in the future because they were paranoid that something would upset their monopoly?"
Like in that one episode of Captain Awesome... she thought to herself, amused at how many things were lining up with her favourite TV show, although they usually gloss over the long waiting periods when it comes to stellar anomalies...

I noticed, I just decided to wait to ask...

Jake proceeded to the starboard window. The black sand had thinned out a little, so Jake could spy some shilloutes of the URU Lanius fleet (We have them, remember? They just kinda follow us around...) drifting in the distance. Other crewmen gathered around the various windows as well. Jake activated the nearby comm unit bolted in the wall. "Lux, I'm watching. Fire when ready."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 am

Lux hit the button on her datapad and the lightshow went into action. It was a very quick lightshow. About a second or two of the beam firing with a synthesised "pew" sound then the real fun began as it interacted with the big gaping singularity before them.

No idea what it might do though...