[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Whiskey

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Whiskey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 am

So I could make a new character? Also how exactly are we reviving this RP?
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 am

Whiskey wrote:So I could make a new character? Also how exactly are we reviving this RP?

Sure!
Well, we just talked about all of that on page 172. I don't know what you mean.

EDIT: Actually, let's not do any new characters at the moment. Let's maintain the characters we have, and then add new ones ONCE WE'RE READY. So, I actually don't really want any new characters at this time because we need to work with what we have, for now. Keep an eye on this RP, as I will announce when new characters are allowed at some point in the future. Sorry, we can't really do that right now!

Now that that's settled, let's decide who will be playing the existing but un-casted characters.
I want to play Bren. JumboCarrot, would you be interested in Ruwen, Gorlag, and/or Grom? If there's no one else who would want a part, you can take it all, but I would like to split it up as much as possible. Gorlag and Grom arn't really main characters, not super intensive. I mean, they haven't really done much thus far!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 am

Perhaps it would've been better to do a new post rather then edit the original for notification purposes, but that's just me being picky.
I do not mind with taking the role of another side character, nor do I mind who. But you're right, we should be splitting it up so its not uneven.
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 am

I don't exactly know who all these characters are (execpt Ruwen) so if you could tell me who these characters are and their story that would help as I'm not keen on looking through 150+ pages. Also would it be possible to edit a exsiting character that has done not much of anything?
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 am

Quick rundown on these characters, but this RP is a great read if you get the time.

Ruwen
  • Male crystalman, likely in his 20s but that's a guess
  • Has found out his homeworld has been into a civil war, so is kinda sad. Bit over it.
  • Probably wants to end the conflict in his homeworlds
  • Crewmember of the Scarab

Grom
  • Female rockman, probably a teenager or young adult
  • Joined Bren's crew after Bren and Gorlag offered to do a job of marriage arraingment between Grom's family and anothe family. Turned out she has a zoltan fetish so she ran away with him.
  • In love with Bren, Bren isn't too fussed about her though.

Gorlag
  • Male slug, unkown age
  • Used to be a slave dealer, with two of his slaves being Bren and Kira
  • Was found after Bren recognised him, Gorlag said he regretted being a slave dealer, offering is loyalties to Bren. Bren reluctantly agreed and has now forgiven him

Aaaaand, while note a playable character its not really mentioned much and is probably forgotten.

Trench-bot (doesn't have an offical name)
  • A system repair drone with artifical intelligence inside it
  • Was made by a merchant name Trenchcoat who came as an extra on the Scarab
  • Has a childish personality, treating Bren as his daddy
  • Wants to just play around but his desire of fixing is more important then playing, it is its job
  • Deployed on the Scarab

Its JakeCollin's decision whether these characters can be altered.
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Welcome neither do I know of all the things that have happened. But we should read the pages as 172ish pages are about a small book worth of typing/writing.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:15 pm

UltraCraftGames wrote:I kind of would acutally suggest restarting the rp completely. Just causing this small reboot might be confusing as people takeover characters dont know much of the plot and stuff like that. It would just be much better to most.

At this stage, we don't want to start over, we've come very far.
I would actually suggest not joining at this point if you don't feel comfortable filling the shoes of a previous character. We can't start over or add new characters at this point. We've come to far to turn back now! That's not to be mean, I'm just saying that I don't want to start over, that would just be making a new RP which I am not doing. Sorry!

Assuming you guys don't want to take control of these characters, JumboCarrot you can just take em all. (Including Bren, if you want) While I would like to divide them up it seems like you're the best candidate for playing these parts.

EDIT: Ok, I've decided we can't really accept new people at this point in time. We've come too far for new people to catch up. Sorry for changing my decision repeatedly, but I really can't accept any new people right now. Sorry!

From this point on, no new people accepted until further notice! Sorry, we've just come to far for that right now! Ill post a message if/when we're ready for new accepts.
Last edited by JakeCollins on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:26 pm

UltraCraftGames wrote:Welp alright.

ReallyvSorry guys, but it will have to wait until we have a viable opportunity for you to join!

For the existing characters: JumboCarrot how about you just take Grom and Gorlag. Perhaps Stylersj would be interested in Ruwen, and I could take Bren. Does that work?
Whiskey

Postby Whiskey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm

ok
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:27 pm

JakeCollins wrote:JumboCarrot how about you just take Grom and Gorlag. Perhaps Stylersj would be interested in Ruwen, and I could take Bren. Does that work?

Yep, that's fine.