Location of Pilot skills

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
4n4rch1st

Location of Pilot skills

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:40 am

In the title.

Either I'm half blind (most likely possibility), or aliens have eaten my eyeball, because I can't seem to find where the pilot skills are stashed.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: Location of Pilot skills

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:52 am

Look at some pilot mods, although I did that and I can't seem to find it either sooo...
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 am

I did check pilot mods, and the ones I looked at just put the skills in the init file (the file that allows compatibility with the main mod manager).
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

cannonfodder

Postby cannonfodder » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:36 am

Pilot skills are hardcoded, locked in C++. That isn't to say you can't make your own, it just means we have no existing examples to draw from. The existing pilot mod was made completely from scratch. You can put something like this anywhere to check a mech's pilot and do something if the pilot's name matches your custom pilot:

if _G[MyPawnName:GetPersonality()] == "MyPilotName" then
[do some cool stuff]
end
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:11 am

Dang. At least there's still a way to create new pilot skills...

cannonfodder

Postby cannonfodder » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:43 pm

I was wrong actually, instead it’s this:

MyPawnName:GetPersonality() == "MyPilotName"

You don’t need the _G[ ]
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name