Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9 (2017-12-12)

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

Estel wrote:
7636kei wrote:Versioning that go 1.10 from 1.9 isn't quite unheard of. And that might be the next version they're going to, depending on how they number their version :P
I am relatively certain that bunch of our favorite FTL modders/mod tools creators are competent enough for being able to *properly* count from 1 to 10. So, I assume that such blasphemy won't fall upon us, now or ever. Delicious Friend.
(seriously though, I know such things happen, but versioning like that, from x.10 to x.9 is literally dumbest practice that may happen, breaking everything, from auto-sorting to update scripts).
wait, what?

7636kei didn't say x.10 to x.9, they said the opposite, "go 1.10 from 1.9"... in other words, from 1.9 to 1.10. yeah going from x.10 to x.9 makes no sense, especially considering we're currently on v1.9.1 :roll: :P
Estel

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Postby Estel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 pm

You're right, I apparently can't read :( Or spend too much time debugging versioning problems in debian repos. Either way, i stand corrected and edited my post ;)
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am

I wanted to bring up this issue for quite a while, but I haven't gotten around to it back then.

When I used the "mod:findComposite" tag, I decided to used the AND logic in order to provide compatibility (or additional stuff) across Total Conversion mods. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.
Example:

Code: Select all

<mod:findComposite>
   <mod:par op="AND">
      <mod:findName type="weaponBlueprint" name="MISSILES_MEGA"/> <!-- Insurrection Detection -->
      <mod:findName type="shipBlueprint" name="PLAYER_SHIP_HARD"/>
   </mod:par>
   <mod-append:sMiD/>
</mod:findComposite>
      <mod:findName type="weaponBlueprint" name="BA_MISSILES_SWARM_3"/> <!-- CE Detection -->
   <mod-append:CED/>
<mod:findName type="weaponBlueprint" name="MISSILES_MEGA"> <!-- Removes Redunant Tags from Detection blueprints -->
   <mod:findLike type="sMiD">
      <mod:removeTag />
   </mod:findLike>
</mod:findName>
<mod:findName type="weaponBlueprint" name="BA_MISSILES_SWARM_3"> <!-- Removes Redunant Tags from Detection blueprints -->
   <mod:findLike type="CED">
      <mod:removeTag />
   </mod:findLike>
</mod:findName>
<mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="sMiD">
   <mod-append:aug name="ASSIST_ENGINES"/>
</mod:findWithChildLike>
<mod:findWithChildLike type="shipBlueprint" child-type="CED">
   <mod-append:aug name="AE_TELEPORTER_JAMMER"/>
</mod:findWithChildLike>

I am I not using the AND logic right, or is this an issue?

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:33 am

FearTheBlaziken wrote:I am I not using the AND logic right, or is this an issue?

"readme_modders.txt" on findComposite:
Collates results from several <find...> criteria, or even multiple nested <par>entheses. The <par> combines results using "OR" (union) or "AND" (intersection) logic.

<mod:findName type="weaponBlueprint" name="MISSILES_MEGA"/> <!-- Insurrection Detection -->
   <mod-append:sMiD/>

So what you've done is combine two finds (the last top-level weaponBlueprint named "MISSILES_MEGA") and (the last top-level shipBlueprint named "PLAYER_SHIP_HARD"). Taking the intersection yields nothing (being both this AND that), since those are mutually exclusive criteria. Had there been any viable results, you would've performed an action on each: appending <sMID/>.

I don't think there's a way to test an unrelated blueprint as a condition to edit a ship. Find tags check immediate children to drill down and act on results. Idle thought: the invisible root tag has both of those top-level tags as children, but the place you find *from* isn't itself checked, so you couldn't combine two findWithChildLikes to go nowhere from the root tag. And there's no <mod:findParent> to drill back up - after arriving at the unrelated blueprint, to bounce over to the ship.
gplay213

Postby gplay213 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Can someone send me a mediafire link to SMM because the current one doesn't seem to be working :(
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:31 am

gplay213 wrote:Can someone send me a mediafire link to SMM because the current one doesn't seem to be working :(

Download links in the OP ought to take you to SourceForge with a 5 sec sountdown.

If you're not prompted to save somewhere, that page has a "Problems Downloading?" button that offers a direct link (click & save immediately) and alternative mirrors.
SagePtr

Postby SagePtr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

After switching to new CLI parser, how to tell modman cli to restore vanilla FTL without apply mods?
In old modman there was modman -patch (without other params).
But new cli parser throws exception if no mods specified:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light>modman --patch
INFO  SlipstreamCLI - Using FTL dats path from config: D:\\Games\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\FTL Faster Than Light
INFO  SlipstreamCLI - Patching...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.vhati.modmanager.cli.SlipstreamCLI.main(SlipstreamCLI.java:236)
        at net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager.main(FTLModManager.java:77)

Is it a bug?

Update:
Created pull request with fix for this bug: https://github.com/Vhati/Slipstream-Mod-Manager/pull/14
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 am

SagePtr wrote:After switching to new CLI parser, how to tell modman cli to restore vanilla FTL without mods?

Is it a bug?
Indeed, it is.
Thanks!
ObstRiegel

Postby ObstRiegel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello Folks,

I am trying to create an German Language Mod but the game doesn´t view the "Ä","Ü","Ö", letters, is there a way how I could solve the Problem?
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm

You must create custom fonts with these letters. I made fonts with Cyrillic support using this tool: https://github.com/D-side/ftl_font
Image Image Image