[MOD][WIP] Hard-coded Modding Trial Version Released

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: [MOD][WIP] Hard-coded Modding Trial Version Released

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:09 am

IXXIAIXXI wrote:I also have a question.

Are ships supposed to get more crew when the mod is enabled? The 8 crew cap is gone, but It doesn't change what the ship starts with. Maybe I've misunderstood things.

this,
Northern_Warrior wrote:Crew Changes:
- Infinite crew size. I haven't removed the warning to dismiss crew yet, instead, you have to press escape every time you are on the crew screen.
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 am

IXXIAIXXI wrote:I was a bit curious about what changes can be made to evasion.

Can engines be changed to allow for more dodge at levels above 8?
Can crew experience/levels be changed or added to allow for more dodge? (Or shield recharge rate or weapon recharge rate, if you count all crew bonuses)

It would of course be very overpowered, but constant 100% dodge without cloaking would just be so interesting to see in the game.

I also have a question.

Are ships supposed to get more crew when the mod is enabled? The 8 crew cap is gone, but It doesn't change what the ship starts with. Maybe I've misunderstood things.

I love what you've been doing with this mod.

Yes, engines can have more dodge at levels above. Crew experience can also add more dodge, shield recharge and weapon recharge rate. Instead of 100% dodge all the time I was thinking of creating an evasion system that works a bit differently than the vanilla one. Not sure what kind of system I would want, but I had a few ideas.

The ships start with the same amount of crew. In the screenshots I was simply using Sul's mod for more crew to give the starting and enemy ships 4x more crew. My mod only removes the crew cap, allowing for essentially infinite crew. Maybe there is a limit where it would crash or break something, but I've personally had 30+ crew with no crashes.

Thanks. Currently I'm busy with other things, so I'm not sure when I'm going to return to the mod yet.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:33 am

Northern_Warrior wrote:
IXXIAIXXI wrote:I was a bit curious about what changes can be made to evasion.

Can engines be changed to allow for more dodge at levels above 8?
Can crew experience/levels be changed or added to allow for more dodge? (Or shield recharge rate or weapon recharge rate, if you count all crew bonuses)

It would of course be very overpowered, but constant 100% dodge without cloaking would just be so interesting to see in the game.

I also have a question.

I love what you've been doing with this mod.

Yes, engines can have more dodge at levels above. Crew experience can also add more dodge, shield recharge and weapon recharge rate. Instead of 100% dodge all the time I was thinking of creating an evasion system that works a bit differently than the vanilla one. Not sure what kind of system I would want, but I had a few ideas.

The ships start with the same amount of crew. In the screenshots I was simply using Sul's mod for more crew to give the starting and enemy ships 4x more crew. My mod only removes the crew cap, allowing for essentially infinite crew. Maybe there is a limit where it would crash or break something, but I've personally had 30+ crew with no crashes.

Thanks. Currently I'm busy with other things, so I'm not sure when I'm going to return to the mod yet.

this mod is F***ing awesome. I'd like to ask: can we (the Project Coalition Team) use this patch in an overhaul?
or... perhaps get you onboard?

btw you might want a 'avonics hub' system which when installed gives you added evasion. for example level one allows a +5 evasion.
level two allows +10 and so on, capping at level 10 which is +50
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 am

Stormbringer wrote:this mod is F***ing awesome. I'd like to ask: can we (the Project Coalition Team) use this patch in an overhaul?
or... perhaps get you onboard?

btw you might want a 'avonics hub' system which when installed gives you added evasion. for example level one allows a +5 evasion.
level two allows +10 and so on, capping at level 10 which is +50

Sure, by all means, go ahead, you can use it.

I'm currently taking a break from FTL, but I'll remember you suggestion for potential future use. Although, I am reading this correctly, if the "avonics hub" system added +50 evasion, then you would be able to get over 100%. I still have a few ideas for a different evasion system which I could implement when I can/will return to this mod.
deat

Postby deat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 am

how do I actually use this mod on mac?
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:39 am

Is this mod still around? I'd love to help out with it however I can.
VicioGamer47

Postby VicioGamer47 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello!!! Man Northern_Warrior i have to say that your mod its awesome. im new with this of Mods in FTL but i want to make one myself but i wanna know how you hard coded the game, i know you used a debugger in the .exe but with debugger you used? i wanna hard-code the game to because i would love to make a mod to transform the game in a sandbox space sim, where you can go to the sectors you want, and come back to sectors you already visited because you can build things in the planets or asteroids like bases or factories (like in X3:TC jeje) you can craft things with materials like minerals that you mine and so on or even change the ship in-game buying it but i need to hard-code to see how i can get those things working.

I know (or i thing at least by my not too much experience making games) that with the code itself i can make whatever modification i want but to try that i need to get that code like you did. Can you help me Sempai please? :D jejeje I wanna know which debugger you used.

Thanks!! and keep going with that Hard-Coded Mod!!
CaptnDale

Postby CaptnDale » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 am

Please update
Chopper

Postby Chopper » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Link is broken please can you fix it? I will even pay you if you want! I want to play around with this so badly!!!! Does anyone have Exe for this still? I will pay anyone.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:41 am

Chopper wrote:Link is broken please can you fix it? I will even pay you if you want! I want to play around with this so badly!!!! Does anyone have Exe for this still? I will pay anyone.

You might like FTL: Hyperspace, you’ll need to downgrade to FTL 1.6.9 to use it, and it doesn’t have every feature this one did, but it’s amazing nonetheless.

Also, I doubt this mod would work anyways if the link was fixed, each FTL update completely breaks mods like these.