Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
dyno101

Re: Otherwise: An FTL-RP

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 am

"Sounds like a plan - I'll get the wires."

Algen floated over to the engine room, ripped the two wires out of the wall, and soon realized he shouldn't touch them. After twisting them together with some pliers outfitted with rubber handles he found in the tool bag, the engine whirred to life.

"Which one of us know how to fly a big metal space bird? Turzil, I'm assuming. I'll explore the secret section and start up the backup battery for full functionality."

After exiting the engine room and entering the secret passageway, he found and started up the backup battery. The ship's systems whirred to life and it was immediately hailed from some long-distance transmission station multiple times.

"The shields are down here too, if Turzil is correct. Those would be nice."

After some exploration, Algen found a small door which led to the shield operator's room, which he soon used to power up the shields.

"I'm not entirely sure how I got that to work, but it's working."

Algen returned to the cockpit and reported his findings. The hails were still coming in strong.

"We need to shut off the communications system. If this ship belongs to who we think it belongs too, they might use it to figure out where we are - if they don't know already."

After some investigation on the communications system, Algen returned to the quarters of the previous crew to investigate the camera log. It showed, as its final entry previous to the shutdown, the ship being raided by a team of mantis pirates. The footage looked typical, albeit horrifying, until it was shown that the pilot of the ship turned the ship onto its emergency mode and turned on the life-sign-masking system for the cell Dargjas, Turzil, Algen, and Mawkish were hidden in moments before he was killed. The ship was then thoroughly investigated by the mantis, and all of the remaining crew were killed in the process. Deciding it was nothing more than a simple patrol ship, the mantis warped back to their own ship and jumped away.

Algen walked, for once, back to the cockpit, chuckling at the thought of the rest of the crew suddenly falling to the floor as artificial gravity kicked back in.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 am

Turzil dropped to the floor as the artificial gravity kicked in. "Ow." He got back up. "I am assuming the reactor is restored, yes?" He walked to the shields room. "If I am correct this ship is capable of 3 shield layers and an some extra damage buffer. However, the engines are very weak, very vulnerable to missiles." Think 15% evasion.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 am

As soon as the ship powered up, several alarms went off in the engine room. “There seems to be something wrong with the fuel flow. It’s probably that you bypassed several computers and now the fuel valve is open all the way. The reactor is running on full power, but now we can’t change the output.” Maw looked over at the two wires hanging out of the wall. “It’ll do for now I guess.”
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:51 am

After looking through a few of the computers on the ship, Algen managed to disable the communications systems.

"This should help mask our location. We need to jump as soon as possible. I swear they taught me this in the 101 classes, I'll give it a shot."

Algen sat down at the pilot's seat and, after some hopeless fiddling, powered the jump drive to a nearby beacon with no major life signs.

"I'd imagine our end goal here is to get found without getting assassinated. We're probably bugged, though, and so is this ship and all of its communications. This won't be easy. We need to get out of this area before their ships reach it."

Algen spun around and attempted to go and see about the engine room, but managed one step before slipping on a stain of blood.

"If we want to get past inspections, we need to find a way to clean the walls."

After some thought as the FTL drive spun up, Algen figured the fuel flow could be fixed if we found a computer that controlled it directly. He got up and walked to the operator's panel and, next to it, small panel revealed an operator's computer input, just as complicated as the reactor.

"Turzil, can you see if this will turn down the fuel flow?"
Last edited by dyno101 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 am

Turzil heard Algen's question. "I can try." He tapped his chest and the nanobots opened up to reveal a wire. He plugged himself into the compute and started messing around in it. After some time he pulled himself out. "It's a negative, it seems to control reactor power from the helm. From the collected data chip I should've mentioned that the reactor isn't big enough to power the entire ship, requiring the back-up battery to fully power the ship."
AI41

Postby AI41 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:10 am

Dargjas was honestly surprised that the engines whirred on. "Oh!" he exclaimed. Again, another "Oh!" as the artificial gravity turned on. He began to properly have a look around the rest of the ship. Dargjas registered that he stood on something mechanical. "I think Algen's the captain now, will report this to him." He stepped into the cockpit as Algen slipped on some blood. "Will get on with cleaning then." He replied to Algen.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 am

"The backup battery seems to be on. FTL drive's ready, let's get out of here."

The ship started and ended its warp with no surprises. What came next was indeed a surprise.

At first, it was clear there was another ship that had just jumped in. It seemed strangely quiet, and Algen decided to turn on the communications to figure out if anything needed to be done. The ship was immediately hailed by both the ship and the unknown source. Algen answered the hail from the ship.

"Hello sir. We are from the fed-"

The line went quiet. Algen attempted to turn it back on, but the system had become unresponsive and claimed to be controlled by a remote point. He realized what was happening soon enough and rushed to the reactor to turn the communications systems back off.

"They're going to want some form of response, but I can't get the line to work. The controllers of the ship shut it down. We either need another way to communicate or some weapons."
"Blamsauce!"
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:14 am

Turzil spoke up. "The options of weapons is a negative, this ship contains no weapons system whatsoever. We will have to sort this out diplomatically or flee."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 pm

"If we can get close enough, and there's another slug on that ship, I might be able to send a message telepathically. Two way communication is only possible with two slugs."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Chickengames wrote:"If we can get close enough, and there's another slug on that ship, I might be able to send a message telepathically. Two way communication is only possible with two slugs."

"Interesting idea. However, it might seem suspicious if it seems we are refusing all hails and closing in on the ship. Out relationship might become hostile."