[MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/12)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
buzzyrecky

[MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/12)

Postby buzzyrecky » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 am

Notice: Panacea is bugged, and there really isn't a way to fix it with the current way modding works. If you're going to use it for it's healing properties, avoid using it on rooms with systems in them, and you should be good.

This is Weaponanza, a mod focused on bring you unique weapons without losing the FTL feel of the game. As of Sept 20th, there are 16 weapons added, and I plan on continually adding more as time goes on.

Feature Summary:
-8 NEW weapons (and counting) with custom textures
-8 improved weapons (do not replace originals)
-Plenty of new events (for the weapons, of course)
-Creeper Bombs (who doesn't want creepers?)

Downloads (See bottom of post for changelog)

FTL File:

Use Grognak's Mod Manager (http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2464).

Also, there's a Xenolith page (as requested) here: http://xeno-mods.com/mod/118

New Weapons
The first half of the added weapons are completely new. Hull damaging bombs, fire missiles, ION missiles... you name it. Almost all of them also have custom designs, to keep things fresh (recolors for the most part, since I'm no spriter). These are all fairly uncommon, but you'll find all but one of them normally/in the store. See the second post for a list of new weapons.

Improved (Mark X) Weapons
The other half are improved versions of other weapons, both new and old. Note that these weapons do NOT replace the original weapons, and none of them can be bought/found normally... to keep the originals as useful as they already are. Some of them are really powerful, but overall I kept them as balanced as I could.

Other Changes
-For testing reasons, the Federation Cruiser has a Panacea attached to it. You can use this to check if the mod installed correctly.
-The Stealth Ship layout B also has a SLIGHT buff in stats.
-There are about 10 new events for the Mark X weapons. More to be added later.
-Some enemies will carry the less-powerful new weapons, to keep things a little more fair.

Changelog
v1.1
-rebalanced all new weapons (both buffs and nerfs)
-added new weapon designs for the havoc laser and the final weapon
-added .append support for the ftl file (as requested)
-fixed minor typos

To be added next update:
-A complete rework of the current events. Multiple new events for each sector type (mostly for weapons, although I'll add other results in to mix things up)
-2+ new weapons (I might be adding more Healing Burst/Panacea support bombs next... and possibly a new crystal weapon)
-Rarity modifications (for specific sectors)
-...and everything else that comes up
Last edited by UltraMantis on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 am, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: xeno-mods link fixed
buzzyrecky

Re: [MOD] Weaponanza! (16 Weapons added)

Postby buzzyrecky » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:30 am

Here's a list of the current weapons for reference:

Soul Shot
    Ion and Normal damage simultaneously.
Havoc Laser
    Rapid fire laser.
Viridian Missiles
    Ion Missiles. Still pierces (and ionizes) shields.
Creeper Bomb
    Unlike other bombs, does direct hull damage... and then some.
Panacea
    Heals everything (hull (partial), system, and crew) for the cost of 3 missiles. Definitely my favorite idea out of all the weapons. Might need further rebalancing.
Pheonix Missiles
    Missiles infused with fire. Sort of like the hull missile counterpart.
Ruin
    Secret.
????
    Secret.

~

Artemis X
    ???
Defense Laser Mark X
    ???
Anti-Bio Beam X
    ???
Dual Laser X
    ???
Heavy Ion X
    ???
Soul Shot X
    ???
Leto Missiles X
    ???
Glaive Beam X
    Secret. But its an improved GLAIVE beam. I think that sums up how overpowered it is.
Last edited by buzzyrecky on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
timerift

Postby timerift » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:22 am

i made an account just so i could say i find this enjoyable. i have a idea, what about a beam that hits with ion. please put it in its better idea than the viridan missile. the x weapons should be in stores but rare. i cant find any but the artemis one
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:56 am

timerift wrote:i made an account just so i could say i find this enjoyable. i have a idea, what about a beam that hits with ion. please put it in its better idea than the viridan missile. the x weapons should be in stores but rare. i cant find any but the artemis one

Thanks!

And if you want an ion beam, I think there's a mod for that already. And it's also already in this mod with other added effects as well.

The x weapons in stores? Hmm... I'll think about it. Actually, no. They will never be found normally... otherwise it'd make the previous forms of them rather pointless. I am, however, adding a ton of new quests at the moment (there'll be at least 28 mod-exclusive quests in total in the next update). There's sure to be more opportunities to find X weapons there, as well as other new weapons and just random loot/crew in general. Hopefully that'll help you (and give you more reason to go to nebula/mantis/etc sectors that you'd usually avoid, since the new events are spread across every sector specifically)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:56 pm

I've been noticing a few complaints in the Obsidian Cruiser thread that our mods conflict. I looked into it and saw your mod doesn't make use of the .append function in GMM. Could you perhaps consider culling your changes to animations.xml, blueprints, etc, and listing them as .xml.append instead? That by itself should fix most if not all of the issues, without losing either mod's functionality.
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Kieve wrote:I've been noticing a few complaints in the Obsidian Cruiser thread that our mods conflict. I looked into it and saw your mod doesn't make use of the .append function in GMM. Could you perhaps consider culling your changes to animations.xml, blueprints, etc, and listing them as .xml.append instead? That by itself should fix most if not all of the issues, without losing either mod's functionality.

I tried using append the first time I uploaded this, but nothing I did with it seemed to work... I just got errors and stuff. I'll try again when I update (probably within the next day or two), but maybe it's not working because I'm on a mac? I don't know
buzzyrecky

Re: [MOD] Weaponanza! (16 new Weapons) (v1.1 - UPDATED 9/23/

Postby buzzyrecky » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 am

Just a post saying the mod is now updated with .append files, new textures for some of the weapons, and the weapon rebalancing.
Lurkily

Postby Lurkily » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 am

I get an error using this with mod manager that there is an unsupported directory. Directory listed is _MacOS. Yes, that underscore is meant to be there.

When applying this mod via mod manager, no mods applied function.
Lurkily

Postby Lurkily » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:15 am

Lurkily wrote:I get an error using this with mod manager that there is an unsupported directory. Directory listed is _MacOS. Yes, that underscore is meant to be there.

Odd. I thought I had removed it via mod manager . . . then I found a phoenix missile in a store. Hurm.

Of course, it's also 6:00 AM, and I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight. I'll post back if I can replicate these later, under conditions in which my brain is coherent.
buzzyrecky

Postby buzzyrecky » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Lurkily wrote:
Lurkily wrote:I get an error using this with mod manager that there is an unsupported directory. Directory listed is _MacOS. Yes, that underscore is meant to be there.

Odd. I thought I had removed it via mod manager . . . then I found a phoenix missile in a store. Hurm.

Of course, it's also 6:00 AM, and I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight. I'll post back if I can replicate these later, under conditions in which my brain is coherent.

thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why this happens. I did get this as well, but the mod worked 3/3 times I tried anyway, so I thought it wasn't a problem. I'll look into it later, and anything you can bring up is alright too.

Also, note that to test to see if the mod works, just check your federation cruiser; it has a panacea attached. If you don't have that unlocked, you can check the amount of weapon power slots in the stealth cruiser as well.

Anyone else?