[MOD] Full touchscreen support

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DerPopo

[MOD] Full touchscreen support

Postby DerPopo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:31 pm

This mod fixes the touchscreen problem that makes the not move like you want it to and it adds gestures for space button (pause), right click and escape.

It is a custom SDL.dll that removes the relative mouse mode in fullscreen and that adds the gestures :
Pressing at the same place three times in a row (triple click) means Space.
Holding a finger on the screen for at least 750 milliseconds turns the next pressure to a right click (you can even add a click.mp3 into the FTL folder if you want to know when you can release the button).
Pressing the top of the screen, dragging to the bottom of the screen and releasing the finger means Escape.

You can download the modified file here :
http://db.orangedox.com/WKcGWPPW30vGJZONR0/FTL_SDL_touchscreen-v2.zip
Just copy the SDL.dll in the .zip into your FTL folder.

(libSDL is not specific to this game, so I hope I am allowed to upload it here; see the README-SDL.txt in FTL's licenses folder)
If you want to take a look at the modified source code, here you are : http://db.orangedox.com/b0pCoNdkSHv9Tretm0/FTL-touchscreen-v2_SDL-1.2.14.7z
You can find the original file here : http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14-win32.zip

Version 2 : The touchscreen click behavior has been improved (using Windows 8 window events)
Abs

Re: [MOD] Full touchscreen support

Postby Abs » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:09 am

This is fantastic! I just got a Surface 3 Pro, and this makes me feel like I'm playing the game on my iPad. It's really intuitive. Thanks for making it, buddy!!! :)

Abs
Edit: My mileage seems to vary when it comes to beam weapons. Doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
Eduardo911

Postby Eduardo911 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:30 am

hey DerPopo not sure if you're still around, but figured I'd try. out of curiosity, are you still developing this sdl.dll mod?

i ask because i recently picked up an hp stream 7 and found it made FTl work great. not only that, i've been using it for basically every other SDL game i have and it does the trick for most of them. was mostly curious if its possible (either via config file or via further dev, i have no idea) to be able to add more gestures? for anything that uses just space/esc this works great, but have found with some other sdl games some additional gestures like F1 (for ScummVM) or hold-right-click (for Exult), etc

ive tried looking at the source but it's basically greek to me haha
DerPopo

Postby DerPopo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 am

I will look into making a config file for gestures.
My mod probably doesn't work for games that use SDL 2 but it should work for most that use SDL 1.2.x. I'm not sure but maybe I will make another version for SDL 2.
BeowolfSchaefer

Postby BeowolfSchaefer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:34 pm

This is great, thanks for your effort. I tried adding a click.mp3 but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

One a side note does anyone know how to make the cursor invisible while playing? I know I can do a timeout but then it will just come back every time I touch. Any ideas?
MCScott

Postby MCScott » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi, I know that no one has posted on here for a while but I need some support.
I installed this mod as you instructed but when I launch the game the "Preparing to launch FTL: Faster than Light" window appears the disappears within a second and the game doesn't launch.
What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
PIE15

Postby PIE15 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:48 pm

MCScott wrote:when I launch the game the "Preparing to launch FTL: Faster than Light" window appears the disappears within a second and the game doesn't launch.
What can I do?

Hi!
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I am pretty sure I have an answer to this question.
When the game won't launch after you have copied SDL.dll it is because DerPoppo compiled his code using an older version of Windows than the one you are using. Microsoft provide backward compatibility via the 2010 Visual C++ redistributable; which you can install.

You can download the redistributable Package from Microsoft here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Hope this helps! :lol:
Check out my FTL mods Planets and Combo
Foreone

Postby Foreone » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:01 pm

Hi, I wanted to use your mod on my new lenovo legion go. But when I try to cownload it, orange website counts down and says file doesnt exist. Would you please re upload it? Thanks