[SHIP]The Fairie Queene

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
theDoomBox

[SHIP]The Fairie Queene

Postby theDoomBox » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 am

Before I go into a detail, I'll just provide a little backstory on the ship. Make sure you have your popcorn before taking a seat.

-The serene little Engi station was drifting around, not really being of much use to either rebel or Federation causes. That was, before explosions rocked the station. As a chorus of sirens blares on, you rush through the corridors, heading for the hangar bay as hundreds of Engi among other races sprint along side you in the same direction. You're one of the last people to get into the hangar, but as you enter a huge metal beam falls on your ship, the Torus, and you suddenly find yourself alone as the last ships speed out. You are about to collapse in despair when suddenly, a dusty old piece of junk catches your eye. You shine a light on it and are surprised to see that it appears to still be just about functional, despite its questionable state. You're interrupted by a large explosion, and remember why you're even still looking at this ship. As you power up the engines after booting the craft up, you stop right before taking off as a small looking Zoltan, obviously over-encumbered, waddles into the hangar with a look of surprise, as if someone left him. He's carrying a large weapon, and you quickly signal him to hop on board, which he proceeds to promptly. Now you finally lift off, and push the throttle forward just in time to escape the now exploding station, but not before you said a prayer for the civilians of the planet they were orbiting. Right before you make an FTL a jump, you see a large figure, and run a quick scan on it, which reveals it to be a large and extremely powerful Rebel ship!

With this newfound information, you set out for the federation base, with vengeance in your eyes.-

Okay, maybe the popcorn wasn't in order here, but now you know about the ship's story, so I'll talk a little more about the actual ship itself.

First here's some screenshots.

Burning the hell out of a ship

A Rock Scout(No actual Rock crew members) after being burned

This ship replaces the Engi Cruiser type A, and is called the Fairie Queene.

Now information about the one custom weapon, and the other non-custom weapon.

-The Incendiary Point-Gun Laser(Or IPGL for short) would otherwise be a weak dual laser, but in this case it can rapidly ignite fires anywhere that it can touch.

cooldown: 10 seconds
Fire chance: Very high.
Breach chance: none
Shield Piercing: none
Damage per-shot: 1
power required to activate: 1

Other weapon is a heavy Ion.-

Crew: 1 Engi, 1 Zoltan.

The systems are pretty standard, just the basic amount of power to activate everything fully minus one because of the Zoltan. You don't start with doors, but you do have drones plus all the standard systems. A bit overpowered with the weaponry in the beginning? A little. Easily winnable? No.

The strategy for this ship, The Fairie Queene, is to burn enemies out. Although its just as easy to destroy the ships it becomes much harder to, and using the heavy ion to take out shields, and then start deadly cabin fires becomes a much more valid tactic as you progress. Especially because of the quick cool down of the IPGL. This ships main weakness is it's lack of any defense against boarders. The zoltan and Engi are both equally poor at fighting, you have no door control, and no Anti-personnel drone. I have died countless times because my med-bay was destroyed in the process of mantis boarding me.

Anyways, that about wraps it up for this mod, hope you have fun flying the Fairie Queene!

=>Download<=
English Narwhal

Re: [SHIP]The Fairie Queene

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 pm

This is pretty cool, but the Grammar Nazi in me twitches at that spelling of Queen.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:25 pm

English Narwhal wrote:This is pretty cool, but the Grammar Nazi in me twitches at that spelling of Queen.

Its actually the correct spelling in the way I used it. "Fairie Queene" is a famous epic by Edmund Spenser.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:53 pm

theDoomBox wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:This is pretty cool, but the Grammar Nazi in me twitches at that spelling of Queen.

Its actually the correct spelling in the way I used it. "Fairie Queene" is a famous epic by Edmund Spenser.

Ah.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Another Revived mod by yours truely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXw3gW ... e=youtu.be LP I did using it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/46sq5ubup ... evived.ftl Here is the mod unchanged outside of adding new AE rooms
http://www.mediafire.com/file/obr1bf69n ... ived+2.ftl And this one is my alteration of the weapon to add a 10 second stun to it, giving the weapon more of an edge
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Hope you had fun with it, man I made this thing a long time ago.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Jimli_ wrote:Hope you had fun with it, man I made this thing a long time ago.

Wait your DoomBox?

If so then yeah, just glad I could save it
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Jimli_

Postby Jimli_ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Yep, same dude. I lost the password to that other account and made this one instead.
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Jimli_ wrote:Yep, same dude. I lost the password to that other account and made this one instead.

ah I see, well then glad to have revived the mod, and I will check out your other ship when I get the chance ^_^