[WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V2.2!]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Arfy

[WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V2.2!]

Postby Arfy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 am

After an extremely long hiatus, I am now happy to present, Arfy's Experimental Armaments !
If you've seen my original post in Mod Development about how I was in a suggestions stage, I decided to scrap all of it and re-done new weapon sprites. (except for Chrono Vortex's custom sprites, and if you're reading this Chrono, don't worry, I'll include them in the next update)

Ion Beam Mark I: This fairly cheap, but effective ion beam emits a weak ion pulse. Does no hull damage nor system damage.

Basically your run-of-the-mill ion beam, short length and slow speed. 2 power weapon.

Ion Beam Mark II: This upgraded ion beam is highly effective and emits a fairly strong ion pulse. Does no hull damage nor system damage.

An upgraded version of the Ion Beam MK I, slightly longer beam length and 2 ion damage. 3 power weapon.

Crystal Charger: This ancient piece of technology developed by the Crystals can charge up two heavy crystals. Pierces 3 shield layers.

Nothing real special. Just a simple charge weapon. 3 power weapon.

Heavy Hull Laser MK I: This powerful laser weapon combines the hull-smashing abilities of a hull laser and the immense power of a heavy laser.

A merge of a heavy laser and a hull lasers' stats. Pretty powerful. 3 power weapon.

Heavy Hull Laser MK II: This upgraded variant of the heavy hull smasher now fires two lasers instead of one.

A merge of a heavy laser MK II and hull lasers' stats. Extremely Powerful. 4 power weapon.

<<READ THIS!>> Rotary Laser: This very strange weapon requires no power, but if nothing else is powered on, and this weapon is auto-firing on an enemy ship, it can "charge shots" and then unleash a salvo of lasers when another weapon is powered on.

More of a gimmicky weapon, If nothing else is powered on and the weapon is being auto fired on the enemy ship, it "charges shots" and you can do it infinitely to your heart's content, until you power up another weapon. 0 power weapon, very rare and expensive.

Inferno Laser: This fire laser is designed by genius Rock engineers and fires a spread of incendiary projectiles. Pierces one shield layer.

Fires nine projectiles in an area burst, most likely to start fires. 3 power weapon.

OMeGa Vulcan: This weapon takes a while to warm--wait, nevermind. Go nuts, this is basically a fully warmed up Vulcan.

^_^

Cluster Burst Missile: This missile launcher fires off a large missile containing smaller missiles that cause system damage and breaches, unable to pierce shields. <<Thank you Chrono!>>

More of a support weapon to bring down shields or key systems, that is if you can aim this weapon. 3 power weapon.

Dual Adaptive Vulcan: This laser weapon takes a long time to warm up. Each time it fires it decreases the cooldown, eventually able to do massive amounts of damage. <<Thank you Chrono!>>

A Chain Vulcan that fires two shots like a flak weapon, does 2x more damage of system-less rooms. 4 power weapon.

Razor Combat Drone: This combat drone fires a heavy laser projectile that breaches systems and does heavy hull damage.

A slow, but powerful combat drone. 3 power drone.

Excalibur Beam: This terrifying beam combines a firebeam, hull beam, pike beam, glaive beam, and halberd beam in a fairly large package.

Basically a merge of nearly every beam weapon. Ultra-powerful.

Ion Combat Drone I: Slow moving combat drone that fires ion projectiles

Nothing really to say here, just a simple combat drone armed with a ion blast I.

Ion Combat Drone II: Slow moving combat drone that fires powerful ion projectiles.

A ion drone armed with a heavy ion.

This effector weapon is coated in crystals and emits tiny growth crystals which barricades rooms and breaches rooms.

A crystal engineer's take on an effector dish-weapon.

Particle Railgun: A very powerful laser that fires an extremely fast plasma slug that breaches rooms and destroys systems.

Dual-Shot Railgun: The younger cousin of the standard railgun, fires two slugs at a slower but fairs better against sys-less rooms.

"Atom Smasher": A Rock engineer has modified this burst railgun to do less system-damage, but have the tendency to start fires.

Svardstav Chainbeam I: This augmented mini-beam decreases in cooldown the more it fires. After 3 strikes it only takes 7 seconds to charge.

Falx Chainbeam II: This massive mini-beam weapon takes a while to warm up. Each time it strikes it decreases the cooldown, eventually able to strike instantly.

Augmented Burst Laser I: This improved burst laser isn't flashy but it gets the job done. Augmented to increase its overall potency.

Chain-Hull Laser: This dual shot hull laser decreases in cooldown the more it fires. After 3 volleys it only takes 7 seconds to charge.

OMeGa Anti-Bio Beam: This EXTREMELY terrifying beam does no physical damage but shreds through organic material, dealing extremely heavy damage to crewmembers.

NEW WEAPONS BELOW!

Vulcan Mark I: A smaller variant of the Vulcan chain laser. Each time it fires it decreases in cooldown, eventually able to fire rapidly.

Hull Smasher Flak Mark I: Fires a small blast of debris across a random area doing up 6 damage, assuming it hits empty rooms

Reactor Discharger: A prototype 'weapon' which can provide backup power to the weapons system. Can discharge a powerful radioactive blast that can instantly kill most lifeforms; 1 shot only.

Impact Missile: A compact counterpart compared to its Artemis cousin, does increased system damage and breach chance, decreased hull damage.

Concord Beam: A unique weapon developed by the Zoltan. As the name implies; it doesn't have violence in mind, despite the fact it's designed to neutralize targets.

Nemesis Fission Missile: A immensely powerful missile weapon, deploys a missile that can devastate lifeforms and demolish smaller ships.

Lochaber Beam: This shield-piercing beam weapon is an attempt of recreating the Vindicator artillery beam. Pierces 3 layers of shields.

Reaper Burst: Unique bomb weapon that releases nano-bots which repairs hull, but targets and attacks lifeforms and systems. Can target your own ship.

Doomsday Bomb: Self-teleporting high-explosive designed to absolutely obliterate anything within its blast radius. Painfully slow detonation time.

Rhongomiant Beam: Devastatingly powerful beam weapon, has the length similar to that of a Pike beam and damage equal to the Halberd beam.

Impact Laser: A smaller counterpart compared to its Heavy Laser cousins, this weapon has increased system damage and breach chance.

<<READ!>> Note: Since the AEA ship patch has not been updated to have the starting ships be equipped with these [new] weapons, their rarity and cost have been lowered, for now.

Downloads
Download the main weapon's pack V1.6 (No longer Direct Link) (JUST Updated!)

Download A.E.A Ship Patch V1.6 (No longer Direct Link) (NOT UPDATED CURRENTLY!) (Replaces; Rock B, Lanius A, Stealth B, Engi A, Fed B, Zoltan A, Crystal A, Kestrel C, Rock A, Kestrel B, Engi B, Crystal B, Engi C, Rock C, Stealth C, Mantis A, Slug C, and Fed C.)

I'm open to ideas and criticism!

Anything wrong or bugged in the mod? Remember to tell me and I'll fix it!
Last edited by Arfy on Sun May 06, 2018 3:11 am, edited 25 times in total.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Lamina

Re: [WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments

Postby Lamina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Lamina wrote:I haven't tried this mod yet, but will say that those weapons look and sound great. The fire laser looks fantastic, I can't tell you how much I enjoy the idea of a shotgun (with shots) that cause fire. Great job.

Thank you Lamina! ^ ^
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFuiRzOb6o I love teh Omega Vulcan, its my best friend
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Arfy

Re: [WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V1.2]

Postby Arfy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:16 am

New update!

Cluster Burst Missile: This missile launcher fires off a large missile containing smaller missiles that cause system damage and breaches, unable to pierce shields. <<Thank you Chrono!>>

Dual Adaptive Vulcan: This laser weapon takes a long time to warm up. Each time it fires it decreases the cooldown, eventually able to do massive amounts of damage. <<Thank you Chrono!>>

Razor Combat Drone: This combat drone fires a heavy laser projectile that breaches systems and does heavy hull damage.

Updated ship patch.

Minor Tweaks
Increased radius on Inferno Laser slightly.
Changed blueprint names of the ion beams to make it more compatible with other weapon packs that include ion beams.
Arfy

Re: [WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V1.4]

Postby Arfy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am

New update!

Excalibur Beam: This terrifying beam combines a firebeam, hull beam, pike beam, glaive beam, and halberd beam in a fairly large package.

Basically a merge of nearly every beam weapon. Ultra-powerful.

Ion Combat Drone I: Slow moving combat drone that fires ion projectiles

Nothing really to say here, just a simple combat drone armed with a ion blast I.

Ion Combat Drone II: Slow moving combat drone that fires powerful ion projectiles.

A ion drone armed with a heavy ion.

Ship Patch Updated
mr_easy_money

Re: [WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V1.6, Updated!]

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:23 am

I think if on the first post and subsequent replies you displayed the charged up versions of the weapons and drones instead of the unpowered versions it would look better and cooler

also, these look fantastic!
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:13 pm

New Update! (sadly only added one weapon :p)

This effector weapon is coated in crystals and emits tiny growth crystals which barricades rooms and breaches rooms.

A crystal engineer's take on an effector dish-weapon.

Ship patch updated.
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arfy

Re: [WEAPON PACK] Arfy's Experimental Armaments [V2.0, Updated!]

Postby Arfy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:19 am

Long overdue update!

Added four new weapons; three variants of railguns and two variants of chain-mini beams! -See main post.

Buffed the Heavy Hull Laser(s); Mark I shots 1 --> 2, Mark II shots 2 --> 3