The Stealth Transport [AE]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
K1ller

The Stealth Transport [AE]

Postby K1ller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

This is the second mod i have made now and you may see a pattern here. i Like stealth, but unlike the first mod this isn't at all overpowered. The ship does start with a vulcan but only has 2 weapons slots. No drones. 1 shield and an experimental artillery gun. Its up to you to save the federation now. I know about the thumbnail issue. ill fix it later. All feedback is appreciated. :)

Downloads:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtvbwwef7f4sh ... 0.ftl?dl=0 V2.0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqrue5aluwiss ... t.ftl?dl=0 V1.0

Inside:

http://imgur.com/a/A2cSE

Outside:

http://imgur.com/a/Gq9Ef

My other mod:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32230&p=111847#p111847

Ships description:

This is a transport ship taken by the federation to use in the war. It was modified to have a cloaking system and some weapons including an experimental artillery weapon. This ship is the only thing that can put an end to the Rebellion. Good Luck Captain!

V2.0 Update changelog:

Removed the vulcan and added a burst laser I.
You now only have 1 weapons slot.
The weapons system starting level was reduced to 1.
Shields are no longer a thing.
Cloak has been boosted to Level 2.
Engines are now Level 1.
Artillery is now level 1.
Last edited by K1ller on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrenTenkage

Re: The Stealth Transport [AE]

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 pm

*claps hands together and takes a deep breath* I'm not gonna play this ship.

Look I get what you are doing, you want to make some god ships, and while thats fine every once in a while. This isn't what a good god ship should be. its basically just maxing out stats giving it best weapons ever etc. no custom hulls, no custom weapons with unique design, not even a cool backstory as to why its so bad ass.

Why are you making ships like this. Be honest? We want to help you but we need to know why you are making ships like this
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:10 pm

I'll put this more tactfully...
Your ship has too much stuff in the early-game. High-level weapons, a powerful gun, cloaking, shields and I'm guessing the Artillery Beam.

You need to look at the Shrike and the Carnelian as your upper limit for ship power. The Shrike has Mind Control, a teleporter, two Lanius and a 1-power 3-shot Flak Cannon.
The Carnelian has a 4-person teleporter, 3 Crystals, no weapons and a Cloaking Device.

Does your ship have more than they do? Then you might want to see what needs to be removed or changed.

Speaking of removed or changed, reinstall FTL and delete your backups in Slipstream. Then run Slipstream without any mods. This will generate clean backups so you don't get issues with weapon icons, ship floors and crew portraits. Because according to your pictures and what you've said before K1ller, you put in a whole bunch of mods and they're not entirely gone.

EDIT:
Just some ideas on how you can make it less OP or just better in general:
Remove the Artillery Beam. You've already given it a Vulcan.
Try making your own hull. Grab some of the gibs and images from Captain's Edition or the regular game (if you know how to unpack them) and splice a few of them together into something. Just remember to select the outer edge and remove the glows so it looks seamless.
Don't worry about adding gibs or a cloaking image. My first mod had none of those. You'll eventually want to start creating those in later versions of course but for the early days, you need to either focus on something not too overpowered or something with an interesting gimmick.

Most importantly: Do a test run with the ship. Try and see how long it takes for you to get out of Sector 1. Buy a few augments, see if they fit in properly and also check the rooms. Sometimes you might forget a door or a door connection and no one can get back into an important room.
K1ller

Postby K1ller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am

As i said im still experimenting with diffrent ships layouts and weapons. I will definitly change some things in the second version. This first version was more like a test to get some feedback on what should i nerf. I will get rid of the vulcan get a teleporter in change the crew to have a mantis. Make the weapon system lvl 1 and only make 1 weapon slot. Or i may remove the artillery and make the weapon system lvl 1 soo you will have to upgrade to get the vulcan. I will probably remove shields too and put some better cloaking in. Im still working with the balance and all feedback is appreciated. Im not sure when the next update will be out since today im going on a holiday.
K1ller

Postby K1ller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am

BrenTenkage wrote:*claps hands together and takes a deep breath* I'm not gonna play this ship.

Look I get what you are doing, you want to make some god ships, and while thats fine every once in a while. This isn't what a good god ship should be. its basically just maxing out stats giving it best weapons ever etc. no custom hulls, no custom weapons with unique design, not even a cool backstory as to why its so bad ass.

Why are you making ships like this. Be honest? We want to help you but we need to know why you are making ships like this

Thanks for the feedback. And to answer your question. Im new to making ships and im still trying to work out a balance. Some day i will create a great mod but before that i need to learn from my mistakes. The backstory of this ship was in the ships description but me rushing a mod out before i go on a holiday forgot to add it here. Ill try to get the V2.0 out today that balances things out.
K1ller

Postby K1ller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Give me as much feedback as you can. Im trying to make a balanced ship and i want to know if this version is balanced or is it still too op or did i make it too hard.