[WEAPONS/DRONES] Railguns, Photocasters, & More! UPDATED for FTL v1.6

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

Re: [WEAPONS/DRONES] Railguns, Photocasters, & More!

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:02 am

WhiteWeasel wrote:Thanks for the info, I'll get on that soon. EDIT: Anyways, balance wise, how are things playing out, I tried my best to make it so they aren't objectively better than most vanilla weapons.

The only thing I'd suggest is making the Terminus Missiles a little less powerful. Even for the cost of a missile, being able to pierce all shields with a weapon that can kill anything but a rockman in one hit seems a bit much. If I were you, I'd bump the crew damage down to 60 and the charge time down to compensate.

You may also want to add all your missile weapons to the missile list in autoBlueprints, so you can use them for all the events that require missiles. This is the code you'll need:

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="WEAPONS_MISSILES">
   <mod-append:name>[MISSILE_NAME_HERE]</mod-append:name>   <!-- Copy this part as needed -->
</mod:findName>

If you just make a file named autoBlueprints.xml.append and add this to it, that should do the trick.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:
WhiteWeasel wrote:Thanks for the info, I'll get on that soon. EDIT: Anyways, balance wise, how are things playing out, I tried my best to make it so they aren't objectively better than most vanilla weapons.

The only thing I'd suggest is making the Terminus Missiles a little less powerful. Even for the cost of a missile, being able to pierce all shields with a weapon that can kill anything but a rockman in one hit seems a bit much. If I were you, I'd bump the crew damage down to 60 and the charge time down to compensate.

You may also want to add all your missile weapons to the missile list in autoBlueprints, so you can use them for all the events that require missiles. This is the code you'll need:

<mod-append:name>[MISSILE_NAME_HERE]</mod-append:name>   <!-- Copy this part as needed -->

If you just make a file named autoBlueprints.xml.append and add this to it, that should do the trick.

Thanks for the info. For the balance of the terminus missiles, I can either lower it's conventional damage, and make it a more specialized anti-bio missile, or keep the regular damage and drop some of the crew bonus to keep it a more rounded missile. The reason it was so strong is that it can only target one room at a time unlike a beam. And thanks for the missile code!
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:

I'm coming back to this, and so far I'm getting a error when using this code when trying to patch it into my Starfighter autoBlueprints.xml.append mod.

<mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_JANUS]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_LONGBOW_2]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_LONGBOW]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_GEMINI]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1> 
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_DECOY]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_BIO]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_FIRE]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
</mod:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1.ftl>
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:34 pm

WhiteWeasel wrote:I'm coming back to this, and so far I'm getting a error when using this code when trying to patch it into my Starfighter autoBlueprints.xml.append mod.

<mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_JANUS]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_LONGBOW_2]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_LONGBOW]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_GEMINI]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1> 
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_DECOY]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_BIO]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
   <mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>[MISSILES_FIRE]</mod-append:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1>
</mod:F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1.ftl>

that's because you're mistaking the "name" part in the <mod-append:name> tag for the mod's name -- you need to leave it as is, because you're adding <name> tags into the blueprintList "WEAPONS_MISSILES", which are what's in the blueprintList, not <F5 Mercury & Assorted Weapons v1.1> tags.

also, remove the brackets from the names of the weapons, because it needs just the name of the weapon. you can find what the blueprintLists look like if you unpack data.dat and find the file "autoBlueprints.xml"

as for the closing tag for the entire thing, you should leave it as "</mod:findName>":

<mod-append:name>MISSILES_JANUS</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_LONGBOW_2</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_LONGBOW</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_GEMINI</mod-append:name> 
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_DECOY</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_BIO</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_FIRE</mod-append:name>

there's more info about these Slipstream tags in file "readme_modders.txt", found in the folder you installed Slipstream in. Here are some examples of these tags in use: viewtopic.php?t=26426
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:50 am

Thank you for the info!
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:48 pm

I have made several custom weapons for the game, and I'd like them to show up on enemy ships. I don't know what kind of code I should use in my autoBlueprints.xml.append

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="WEAPONS_REBEL">
   <mod-append:name>LASER_RAIL_1</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>LASER_RAIL_2</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>LASER_RAIL_3</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>RAIL_CHARGEGUN</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>PHOTO_1</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>PHOTO_2</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>PHOTO_3</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>PHOTO_4</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>PHOTO_CHAINGUN</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>MISSILES_FIRE</mod-append:name>

Or this?

<blueprintList name="STANDARD_WEAPONS">  <!-- this is just all of them -->
   <name>LASER_BURST_1</name>
   <!--<name>LASER_BURST_2</name>-->
   <name>LASER_BURST_2_A</name>
   <name>LASER_BURST_3</name>
   <name>LASER_BURST_5</name>
   <name>LASER_HEAVY_1</name>
   <name>LASER_HEAVY_2</name>
   <name>MISSILES_1</name>
   <name>MISSILES_2</name>
   <!-- <name>MISSILES_2_PLAYER</name> -->
   <name>MISSILES_3</name>
   <name>MISSILES_BURST</name>
   <name>MISSILES_BREACH</name>
   <name>BEAM_1</name>
   <name>BEAM_2</name>
   <name>BEAM_3</name>
   <name>BEAM_LONG</name>
   <name>BEAM_FIRE</name>
   <name>ION_1</name>
   <name>ION_2</name>
   <name>ION_4</name>
   <name>BOMB_1</name>
   <name>BOMB_FIRE</name>
   <name>BOMB_ION</name>
   <!--  <name>BOMB_HEAL</name>  -->
   <name>LASER_HULL_1</name>
   <name>LASER_HULL_2</name>
   <name>BEAM_HULL</name>
   <name>MISSILES_HULL</name>

<name>PHOTO_1</name>
   <name>PHOTO_2</name>
   <name>PHOTO_3</name>
   <name>PHOTO_4</name>

</blueprintList>

Or maybe i'm doing it wrong because I have yet to see my weapons show up. Or is putting them on a table not enough and I have to manually edit/create ship blueprints that explicitly use them?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:28 pm

WhiteWeasel wrote:maybe i'm doing it wrong because I have yet to see my weapons show up. Or is putting them on a table not enough and I have to manually edit/create ship blueprints that explicitly use them?

you probably aren't seeing your weapons show up because you have AE enabled. there are similarly named OVERRIDE lists in dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml that, as their name suggests, override the relevant ship lists in autoBlueprints.xml

you shouldn't need to manually edit or create ship blueprints because they draw their weapons from lists. you can explicitly give them certain weapons if you want, but that's another matter entirely, and also best done at the event level not auto-blueprint level because you can override ships to have certain weapons there.

WhiteWeasel wrote:I don't know what kind of code I should use in my autoBlueprints.xml.append

I'd opt for the slipstream tag (mod:findName stuff) because it promotes compatibility with other mods and weapon packs like you did in the first code example. I'm not sure where STANDARD_WEAPONS is used (probably used somewhere important) but if you don't use the mod-append type stuff it'll replace the entire list with just that list instead of adding it into an existing list, making it hard to use with other mods.

I hope that answered your question :?: :roll:
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am

UPDATE: Thanks for all the help, the playing field is now a little more even since your enemies are packing the heat too!
WhiteWeasel

Re: [WEAPONS/DRONES] Railguns, Photocasters, & More! v1.4

Postby WhiteWeasel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 am

New update! A new chain weapon in the arsenal!
Randomdudu

Re: [WEAPONS/DRONES] Railguns, Photocasters, & More! v1.4.1

Postby Randomdudu » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:16 am

Mr.WhiteWeasel,I downloaded your mod and I couldn't help but notice that this weapons mod included your Starfighter Type C ship
Is this intentional or an accident?