[SHIP] [AE] Slug Stealth Cruiser v1.2.4

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Vortex Modworks

[SHIP] [AE] Slug Stealth Cruiser v1.2.4

Postby Vortex Modworks » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Nightkin, the Slug Stealth Cruiser

the ship image

This advanced stealth cruiser was under development by the Slugs for quite a while. It was meant to ambush ships in nebulae and kill off the crew.

Because of the Rebel invasion, the funding of the project was cut in order to keep up the production of regular ships, to defend the Slug Controlled Nebulae. The cruiser never reached mass production.

The Federation recently found an abandoned Slug scrapyard. There they found the cruiser, mostly intact. However, the shield system, sensors, hacking system, and the Long-Ranged Scanners had already been removed for scrap. With no time to replace them, it will have to do without.

It is equipped with a Dual Laser, a Fire Beam, and an Anti-Bio Beam. So blow up, incinerate or disintegrate your enemy, the choice is up to you.

the miniship image

the cloak image

the systems and interior of the ship

Download v1.2.4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jiat6 ... .2.4AE.ftl

Miscellaneous stuff
-Named after the Nightkin from Fallout: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nightkin

Report any bugs here! I'll get right on them! :D
Russian Rockman

Re: [SHIP] [AE] Slug Stealth Cruiser v1.2.4

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:37 pm

This looks cool, I always thought a Slug Ship with a cloaking system would be a good idea. :)
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 am

It looks good but it dosent seem like you really put any work into this. Just seems like you took a slug cruiser and saturated the colors or messed with the hue.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:11 am

Anthonest wrote:It looks good but it dosent seem like you really put any work into this. Just seems like you took a slug cruiser and saturated the colors or messed with the hue.

Completely valid method of modding used by many people. :mrgreen:
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:40 am

Anthonest wrote:It looks good but it dosent seem like you really put any work into this. Just seems like you took a slug cruiser and saturated the colors or messed with the hue.

Modding doesn't have to be a good mod just for ship graphics my friend.

I can name some amazing and revolutionary mods that are simply recolours or not even changed graphics of a normal ship (a few examples are from DryEagle).
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Vortex Modworks

Postby Vortex Modworks » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:21 pm

:|
Well, I tried splicing some of the hull images of the Slug Assault and Slug Light-Cruiser and putting them on here, but it looked really, really ugly. So I just went for a recolor. (And a lot of ship images here are just ripped from Star Wars or Star Trek etc. or not changed at all.)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:31 pm

I like the cloaking image. ;) Honestly I prefer simple recolors more than total new ship mods because they fit with vanilla more so nice work. Looks like you've got some more plans for ships in the future, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Vortex Modworks wrote:

:|
Well, I tried splicing some of the hull images of the Slug Assault and Slug Light-Cruiser and putting them on here, but it looked really, really ugly. So I just went for a recolor. (And a lot of ship images here are just ripped from Star Wars or Star Trek etc. or not changed at all.)

I understand, slug ships are hard to splice.
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:54 am

No gibs, console glows are misplaced... I kinda wanted to use this, but now, not so much. I'd fix it myself, but I don't know how to do gibs in Superluminal.
And yes, I'm aware this thread has been inactive for years and so has the user who made this mod, but I figured I'd say something anyway just in case somebody sees this and decides to try to fix it themselves. And if commenting here breaks a rule, please, direct me to the rules of the forums, 'cause I can't find them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lamina

Postby Lamina » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm

---
Last edited by Lamina on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.