The Requisitioner

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ferociousfeind

The Requisitioner

Postby Ferociousfeind » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:50 am

This is a fairly basic ship mod that replaces the Kestrel (might later replace the second Lanius ship because of design, but idk) with a autonomous, player-controlled ship. Some images from the mod:

Big thanks go out to the artist of the ship image (I simply made it transparent and made a few gibs with it, all credit to them) and the person/people behind SuperLuminal, which made the darned thing possible. Thanks guys I don't even know.

Anyways, get your copy while it's hot!

Code: Select all

Changelist:
V0.0: previous versions which were mostly used to identify what most of the functions in Superluminal did.
No download

V0.1: self-proclaimed full release. Includes custom ship, gib, and cloak images. Shield reused from the Kestrel (the only one that fit). Not play-tested against the Flagship.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q3zbkpzjh75c564/The+Requisitioner+V0.1.ftl
Last edited by Ferociousfeind on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arfy

Re: The Requisitioner

Postby Arfy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 am

Welcome to the modding community!

Overall, this ship seems fairly balanced, but one of the things that should be included in any AI Ship, is some sort of repair drone or weapon or augment (slug repair gel, which is simply renamed). As if a system is breached and is damaged, it's unable to be repaired, and AI repairs are extremely slow, making it easy to become prey to enemy ships.

(And I also recommend to use dropbox or mediafire for download links)

Edit: I launched up your ship, and yellow and black checkers are shown at the piloting system, I looked inside the ship file, and glow_pilot1 cannot be open along with room_pilot_2. "This happens when you've installed mods with SMM while the editor was running, and then saved the ship." "The solution is to either not do that, or use File > Reload Database as soon as you return to the editor."
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Toughbrook

Postby Toughbrook » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 am

I see this was made in BSF.
Dire_Venom

Postby Dire_Venom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:51 am

Great job on the ship design op, it certiantly looks very cool!