[Ship] Captured Rebel Battle Cruiser

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lord_Tourettes

[Ship] Captured Rebel Battle Cruiser

Postby Lord_Tourettes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 am

Please use Slipstream mod manager to install: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t8vgradr6 ... _FInal.ftl

Please tell me what you think! Enjoy! :D

Short description: I used the rebel Cruiser model thingy and added it to how i thought it would play, Including ASB artillery (which was too OP so i made it layout C to require Advanced) the ship have a very tough hull and a simple layout, however the main weakness is NO SHIELDS OR CLOAK, but with the firepower of the ASB you won't have to worry about defense, however i'd recommend upgrading weapons to get the vulcan onlinne. This is essentially a shieldless tank that often requires repair and has a lot of firepower.

Strengths:
- Lots of Hull
- titanium armor
- fire suppression
- ASB artillery
-9 man unlockable teleporter ( only 4 function (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ )
- 5 man medbay
-early access to lategame power weaponds
-2 system repair drones to start

Weaknesses:

=Impossible to use shields or defense drones
-Very limited reactor/early build
-cannot intall cloak
-only 1 weapon slot

NOTE: you can buy cloak or shields from stores, but they wont install and you'll just waste scrap. Deploying point defense drones, hull repair drones, shield drones do not work, they simply appear deployed and do not function but simply waste a drone part. (Does not apply to antipersonnel/system repair) Combat drones such as laser/boarding drones work fine. Death animation isn't currently made, I will post a new link when I've made one that suits me.

Unfortunately I can't upload an image but I'll provide a imgur link to the starting beacon: http://imgur.com/a/QU5Wn

Have any criticism? Complaints? Suggestions? I'd love to hear 'em... this was my first upload to this site and I'd love feedback
Last edited by Lord_Tourettes on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lord_Tourettes

Re: Captured Rebel Battle Cruiser

Postby Lord_Tourettes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 am

I'd especially love if anyone posted a walkthrough, the mod replaces Federation C, I'd recommend normal or hard difficulty due to the ASB imbalance :evil:

And if you do please leave a link, I'd Love to watch the rrsults and maybe i can improve and start making better ship mods later :D
Arfy

Re: [Ship] Captured Rebel Battle Cruiser

Postby Arfy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm

-9 man unlockable teleporter
Just to let you know, a 9 man teleporter will not teleport all 9 crew-members, it will only teleport 4 crew-members.

=Impossible to use defense drones || -2 system repair drones to start

Something doesn't really add up there, if your unable to get defense drones, which means there is no shield bubble image, which will crash the game if you were to launch a defense drone, and unless you did something to make it so defense drones can't drop or just cost an extreme amount, you'll still be able to launch them without no problem.

The ship also seems to be quite large, I recommend shrinking down the hull graphic.

I've seen a ship mod where the systems the player couldn't get, but still buy, would give the player scrap instead of wasting their scrap.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Lord_Tourettes

Postby Lord_Tourettes » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

this i know, i found out via testing and was unfortunately let down :(

I just like the idea :D

Plus the whole large ship thingy was also intentional, it is one of those cruisers you see in the background ( or supposed to be)

the system repair drones do function, it's the point defense drones that do not function, or anything such as a shield charger or hull repair drone ( I tried originally to have a hull repair drone to start but it didn't function properly so I like the idea that maybe a tiny drone wouldn't be so able to do a quick patch to major damage and thus I left out the shield texture entirely which effectively made that category of drones null. When deployed they simply just do a=nothing for me)
Ferociousfeind

Postby Ferociousfeind » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:27 am

I can see that the ship being large is intentional, but it's rather excessive in largeness. It would probably look a lot better if it was shrunk down and was full of rooms, instead of being one corner of a massive, pixelated graphic.