Replacing Rebel Fleet?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Offlithium

Replacing Rebel Fleet?

Postby Offlithium » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:26 pm

I change "REBEL_LONG_ELITE" to "FED", but I can't get it to load a ship from the Federation ship list. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Sleeper Service

Re: Replacing Rebel Fleet?

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Is "FED" a valid ship or ship list ID? (Not even sure if ship lists can take other ship lists as entries). Also if there are still other ships populating that lists then they are selected randomly, so you might need to spawn a couple ships before they get rolled as "FED". Try replacing the _REBEL list entries with actual federation ship IDs for starters, that should work.
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Is "FED" a valid ship or ship list ID? (Not even sure if ship lists can take other ship lists as entries). Also if there are still other ships populating that lists then they are selected randomly, so you might need to spawn a couple ships before they get rolled as "FED". Try replacing the _REBEL list entries with actual federation ship IDs for starters, that should work.

SHIP_FED is the ship list, but I tried SHIP_FED too, that doesn't work. The default fleet event loads a ship, not one from a ship list, as there is only one elite rebel blueprint. Do I need to change "ship load" into something else? what would I use to make the game select a random ship from a ship list? (in this case the Federation ship list)?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Ok so as a basis:

Events call ship events.
Ship events call ship lists.
Ship lists contain ship blueprints.
Ship blueprints define how ships appearing in the event look.

So potentially there is something wrong there in one of these steps. Also FTL sometimes has stuff hardcoded in certain circumstances, the standard rebel catch up event just might call the reb-elite regardless of what you select. If you want to test stuff for starters you could try getting it to work in the test event environment (found in the master mod list I think). You can also try replacing the ship events in the rebel list with you own custom events that then call you custom ship lists.
Offlithium

Postby Offlithium » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:just might call the reb-elite regardless of what you select.

It doesn't call ANY ship when I tell it to call a Federation ship. And it can't be hardcoded, because you somehow got it to call the Rebel Destroyer in Captain's Edition...
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 am

Oh wait, _OVERWRITE lists might be the issue? Check the advanced edition _overwrite xmls, they might have an overwrite version for the lists you modified. If you have AE enabled, these lists will be used instead.