Desperate Times - 16 New Ships!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Delannion

Desperate Times - 16 New Ships!

Postby Delannion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Not all heroes fly cruisers!

This mod replaces the Type A and Type B layout of the 8 standard cruisers(16 total) with playable versions of the smaller craft you gleefully eradicate on a normal play-through.

Download Here

This mod should play nice with other mods, but it does include a partial fix to auto-scouts crashing on crew loss which may override other mods' versions of those events.

_______

The new ships come in three varieties, check their details in "List" mode:

Scouts( 15 Hull ), Fighters( 20 Hull ), and Bombers( 25 Hull )

Engi Boarding Craft supplement their weak melee with weapons to disable enemy systems and stun enemy crew.

Zoltan Suffocator is a pacifist warship whose only means of victory is to choke the enemy crew into "unconsciousness".

Mantis Harvester tells the story of a young mantis setting off alone on a coming-of-age journey to capture it's very own Engi...and whoever else it comes across on the way.

The Auto-Scout Is a strong, independent space-ship that don't need no crew! (Warning: Playable Auto-Scouts are almost fully supported by FTL but not entirely. Steer clear of crew-loss events and crew-support systems. You have been warned.)

Elite Rebel Cruiser is for those times when you're tired of losing and you just want to make the enemy feel the way you feel when you misjudge the distance to the rebel fleet.

Full Album Here

Final Thoughts:

Some of these ships are quite strong, some are extremely challenging or are susceptible to RNG screw, particularly early on, all are intended to provide a unique experience.

They are very winnable (this was done on Hard with AE enabled)

If you're really hardcore, technically the ships are designed to still fulfill each ship's achievements, so you could start with a fresh new ae_prof.sav.

If you find any bugs, let me know.

If you try this *at all*, let me know.

Cheers!
Ferociousfeind

Re: Desperate Times - 16 New Ships!

Postby Ferociousfeind » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 am

Haven't tried it quite yet, but it certainly looks like a lot of death-related fun! :D
Xaivereden

Re: Re: Desperate Times - 16 New Ships!

Postby Xaivereden » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:36 pm

hey im playing FTL: CE, and im having some trouble getting this mod to work. It seems no matter what load order I choose the ships either dont show up, or the game crashes when I hit start in the hanger. I really want to try this mod but i just dont know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me on this
Arfy

Re: Re: Desperate Times - 16 New Ships!

Postby Arfy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:21 am

Xaivereden wrote:hey im playing FTL: CE, and im having some trouble getting this mod to work. It seems no matter what load order I choose the ships either dont show up, or the game crashes when I hit start in the hanger. I really want to try this mod but i just dont know what to do. I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me on this

Hmm, it might just be the mod order -- for me it's not crashing.

Discord: ATLAS#9226