[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN!] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby JakeCollins » Tue May 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Nice ship!
The fine details (such as doors and room images) don't really matter to me all that much, but it's cool to have such attention to detail! :D
Yes, we do need to add a cloaking system! If we don't have shields OR cloak, then we are pretty screwed already. ;)

Nice idea to vent the 02 from the Flagship. Interesting!

Where is Resssa the Slug? (Chickengames) I don't think that he/she has popped up yet! It's OK, there's no pressure. I was just wondering. :D :mrgreen:

========================================================================

Error roamed the corridors of the Rock ship. He had reconfigured the nanites in his mechanical body into the form of a very small gecko-like form. He liked this extra small form because it allowed him to move through the ship quickly and efficiently, and allowed him to duck into the shadows when needed.

He crawled up onto the wall of the engine room, and reconfigured his mechanical eyes to view the thermal spectrum. This process only took a few seconds- his vision fizzed out, and faded back into view, displaying the colorful light of thermal energy.

He skittered out of the engine room and sped down the corridor leading to the airlock. The surrounding area was a cool-blue hue, with a reddish blob from the engine room behind him. He skittered onto the side of the wall, and eventually reached the airlock. He pressed a few buttons on the airlock control panel, (not a small feat for a creature his size) and the inner-airlock door heaved itself open. He morphed himself back into human form, where he put on an oxygen mask. Contrary to popular belief, Engi still require oxygen to survive. The inner airlock door slid shut, he heard a hiss as the airlock depressurized, and the outer door slid open - leading into the oxygen-less Flagship.

He clambered onboard the Flagship, wondering why it would lack oxygen. Lanius? Holograms? he thought. He walked through the corridors of the Stealth ship. Who would he find here?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Ruwen Shattersphere arose from his slumber to find himself surrounded by a crystalline shell around his body. "This isn't the stasis pod" he muttered, looking around, trying to get his bearings.
He could only vaguely recall what had happened before he ended up in his current circumstances; his ship. A distress signal. The discovery of a freighter in distress. An Engi onboard... several Rocks...

A flash of light went off in his mind. The ship was struck. Error reports came up on the screens. He saw shards of crystal flying off the viewscreen. His cruiser, the Bravais had been hit. The shards flew in the direction of the assailant - his Crystal Vengeance striking out in full force. But that hardly dissuaded the attacker.

Another explosion and the Crystal formed a protective barrier around himself as his environment started to power down. He decided he'd do the same thing in a sense. Hibernate until the conditions had improved...

Ruwen woke up completely now. He drew back his crystalline fists and smashed through the thinner shell. He could see his surroundings now. Burned, damaged and scattered with various corpses. "It's a miracle this is still flying" he commented, stepping out onto the deck. There was the faint hum of the engines and he immediately deduced that the FTL drives were online. "Gotta hand it to the Rockmen. They might not have maintained our elegant designs but they can last longer than the stars themselves."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed May 24, 2017 2:46 am

The shuttle's FTL drive shuttered as the small ship dropped out of ftl speed. Resssa saw three ships is his immediate vicinity, all of them looking like they had seen better days. A quick scan showed no oxygen on the stealth ship. He could sense a strange life form on the ship, not quite an engi, not quite a lanius. I've heard of hybrid projectsss by the federation... he thought. It seemed to Ben the only one on the ship, but the sensors were showing another being. An AI.... wonderful Resssa, like other slugs, didn't like being around AIs. Slugs couldn't sense their presence or intelligence, and it was for this reason that AI was never invented or used on slug worlds.

Resssa sensed a mantis and some humans on the rebel ship, confirmed by the sensors. Since rebels were out of the question, he steered the shuttle toward the rock cruiser and docked in the spacious cargo bay. There was another strange life form on this ship, it seemed to be most like a rock, but.....sharper. Another hybrid, perhaps? Climbing out of the shuttle, Resssa slimed his way to the room with the rock-like man. Evidence of a battle were everywhere, bodies and torn electronics. As he grew closer to the room with the new species, he began to see a clearer picture of the crystal? man. His name was Ruwen. Ruwen Shattersphere.

Entering the room, Resssa greeted Ruwen, who seemed to just have climbed out of a stasis pod. "Hello Ruwen, I assume you're here for the same reason I am."
Jaxximus

Postby Jaxximus » Wed May 24, 2017 3:59 am

"Rock cargo vessel, report!" Kadita knew it wasn't quite her place to demand a status report from the other vessel, but the fleet's flagship had said nothing about it. If she had to take charge, she would, and she would enjoy every bit of it. She may not have managed to become hivelady of Xi'Xax'Xe, but that did not mean she was entirely without leadership skills. Plus, she was one of the fighters. Supply lines were important and all but they relied on her as much as she needed them, maybe more.

Then again, perhaps they got a pass because they were connected with the flagship. They got to report directly to its captain, unlike her and the shuttle that just passed through and docked with the cargo vessel. The person on the shuttle hadn't even bothered to announce the reason for their presence, either.

By now the humans had to have noticed the way she cleaned her blades, glaring at the screen. "Unless," she added, "That is an abandoned ship and must be crewed? I have extra."

A couple humans scattered under the scrutiny she turned onto them.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 am

Ruwen shook his head and looked at the newcomer approaching him. A Slug. He had served with one of them when he worked with the Federation on their mission to destroy the Rebel Flagship.
He tapped the side of his crystalline face and attempted to get his Universal Translator working properly. His voice came out in a very loud, very friendly accent that sounded like what the Humans would call a "Cowboy"

"Howdy there stranger! Fancy meetin' you 'round these parts" he said, wary of the Slug's intentions. I know you can read my mind and hear my thoughts, he thought to himself. "I heard dis 'ere ship a hollerin' and I thought I could lend a hand" he continued to explain "And well as ye can see, now I'm the one who needs da helpin' hand."
He eyed the Slug up "So ye know my name, how about yers pardner? What should I be a callin' you? Friend?"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Okay, so this is our ship (the shield is normal, just green. It's not a Zoltan Shield).
Everything can hold only one power, except for Weapons and Engines, which can hold three. The power generator houses five bars, and the one weapon is a Tactical Charge Laser II, needs three power to work (it does only system damage, two system power holders get damaged every time it hits a system room). And like I said, there's a special Zoltan Shield drone but it can't be hooked up because the drone control is too weak.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hybrid shook Creeybo's hand. "Badgers is the name. Pleased to be your acquaintance." He thought about the AI's statement. "Yes, you're right. We'd better leave it on, but only in a certain area of the ship, to conserve energy."

Badgers looked up, and seeing a giant group of tangled wires hanging from the chipped ceiling, he grabbed one and inserted it into the middle of his hand. "No." He pulled it out and tried another. "No." He tried again with a different one.
"There. Now I can control the power without a screen," he explained. "I'm making the one half of the ship past the cloaking room oxygen-filled, but we don't need it, so the first few rooms, piloting, sensors and cloaking, are oxygen-less." He pulled the wire out. "Done. Do you know anything about Zoltan technology? If you have any information I would like to read on it. I'm studying how the Zoltan Shield augment works."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed May 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Resssa was slightly taken aback when the crystal-man started yelling out in a strange accent. He could sense Ruwen knew about his enhanced abilities to sense thoughts. Ruwen yelled about his situation some more in the overly dramatic accent. "I am Resssa, you don't appear to be here on purpose, are you? And what kind of being are you? Not a rockman I suppose."

As he was asking this, Resssa moved around the room, inspecting the crystal shell and other bodies laying on the floor. Before there was a chance for Ruwen to answer, an angry mantis' voice sounded over the transmitter demanding a report.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Ruwen laughed. The Slug didn't know about the Crystals? He could hear the voice now shouting for a report on a nearby console. As he walked towards it at his lumbering pace, he explained more about himself.
"Well pardner, I'm what ye call a Crystalman" he explained, hammering one of the buttons to see if it would activate the communicator. "The Rockmen are our descendants when my people moved away from the homestead. They have to thrive on rocks to survive a ye know that crystal worlds are rare in yer part of space. At least that's what I know."

He looked to the Mantis on the screen. He didn't assume the insect was hostile considering how it was asking for a damage report rather than for everyone to surrender and die. "Howdy pardner. This is Ruwen Shattersphere of the Bravais. Where ye be hailin' from stranger? Because we're in a bit of a tight pickle over here"
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Error clambered through the halls of the Stealth ship. He turned a corner, and came upon a Hologram and a strange-looking creature. This creature had the body-structure of the Lanius and head of an... Engi. He attempted to form a standard digital link with the creature, but his connection did not work. Thus, he attempted to communicate verbally.
"Digital connection with unidentified life form failed. Request for subject to verbally state designation." Error said to the life form.

Then, he turned to the hologram, and attempted to digitally connect with it. Though Engi protocols were different from Hologram protocols, he could still send a standard Direct-Port-Comm-Request and hope that the AI would respond. The connection with the hologram failed, so Error reluctantly spoke to the hologram. "Wireless connection also failed when connecting to holographic interface. Request for subject to verbally state designation."

Error hated meeting new people, but he had to try. His signal reception device detected a strange signal between the hologram and the Ships sensor system. His processor could not decrypt the signal, but once he detected it he realized how peculiar it was. He had never seen any life form directly interface with a ship system!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Jaxximus

Postby Jaxximus » Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm

There was a... shiny Rockman on the screen. Behind him stood a Slug and an absolute mess of a ship. Oh, there was a situation indeed. There were four problems with this: One, shiny Rockman, previously unknown though their isolationist tendencies may have kept something hidden. Two, he'd turned on the cameras for a video call right as Kadita began picking at her wrist joint. Third, he spoke in an accent uncomfortably similar to crewman Greene's. Four, he must not have heard her previous transmission, the general announcement of her presence.

She spent a moment examining the tableau before she spoke. "Starger, dock with the cargo ship."

The Oriole rumbled as it switched from FTL engines to standards, moving towards the cargo ship. Thankfully, a ship of that size would have plenty of open airlocks, if not a hangar or two, though Kadita was not at all interested in being stored inside another ship.

"I am Kaditaxixaxxe, captain of the Oriole. We are the ex-Rebel vessel west and above, coming in to dock and provide assistance. Details as to your situation would be appreciated."