FTL Ship Mod: Federation Amalgamation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Zenith

FTL Ship Mod: Federation Amalgamation

Postby Zenith » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 am

So this is my first ship, and it's rather obvious that I just sawed of the front of The Kestrel and superglued the front of a Federation Cruiser in its place...

That being said, I did put a lot of time and effort into these ships, and even though they might not be the best, this was a valuable learning experience.
This ship replaced the Engi A, B, and C.

LAYOUTS:

A - The Eagle
In exchange for weaker weapons, The Eagle boasts a fully upgraded shield piercing artillery beam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B - The Condor
In exchange for weaker weapons, The Condor boasts a partially upgraded shield piercing artillery beam and cloaking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C - The Magpie
In exchange for weaker weapons, The Magpie boasts a partially upgraded artillery laser, which fires a volley of five lasers, as well as a teleporter.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/af5skbs62n3zxkx/Federation_Amalgamation.ftl

If you do decide to download and try out these experimental ships, well... uh... thanks!
NarnKar

Re: FTL Ship Mod: Federation Amalgamation

Postby NarnKar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:47 am

Hey, those splices look good.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:30 pm

The splices look nice although I've got a tiny concern about the Magpie's Artillery.

In exchange for weaker weapons, The Magpie boasts a partially upgraded artillery laser, which fires a volley of five lasers, as well as a teleporter.

There are mods out there that have ships with 3 rooms and having a 5-shot Artillery would cause a game crash if it fired.
The best solution to the problem is to make it a "Burst" like a Flak Cannon.
The other solution is to reduce it to three shots but that just makes it a weak gun.

Lastly, one could simply not fire the Artillery if the enemy ship has 3 rooms but you try telling people that.

Other than that, I'm wondering if the Condor is "balanced" by the fact that it has fully upgraded Artillery from the start. That's a shield-piercing beam every 20 seconds.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:50 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269