FTL Rules Of Thumb

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
thereaverofdarkness

Re: FTL Rules Of Thumb

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:01 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
thereaverofdarkness wrote:AI defense drone shoots down 100% of single missiles, hacking drones, or boarding drones and hits both pegasus shots about a third of the time. YOUR defense drone fails to get a lone missile almost 20% of the time and fails to shoot down a boarding drone or hacking drone more like 40% of the time.

and this is due to the Drone Targeting Glitch: https://www.reddit.com/r/ftlgame/commen ... ng_glitch/ , which can mostly be fixed but not completely

Yep I knew there was something amiss, but I didn't know what until you mentioned that. Thanks.

I want to mention something for anyone struggling to understand the drone targeting glitch (like the final conversation in that Reddit thread): the red area in the image is advanced further inward than what the defense drone actually sees. It can see a missile before it hits the Kestrel's piloting room, but it won't have time to fire by the time it sees it. If the missile comes in at a funny angle, it still might have time. Hacking drones never come in at a funny angle as far as I can tell, so they should have 100% success rate against Kestrel piloting no matter how many defense drones you have.
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:51 am

103. When you get the ABADOTH event twice in a row, all missiles will mysteriously miss you.

This happened to me recently. I was facing a ship that I could barely damage that had a Hermes, Artemis and Leto launcher just after getting the ABADOTH event twice in a row. Thinking I was dead, I just fired as much as I could, hoping to jump away quickly.

They ran out of missiles first. And ONLY ONE of them hit me.

After that, I met ANOTHER ship that I could barely damage with the same loadout.

Guess what?

All missiles but 2 missed.

Yay.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 am

105. If you upgrade you're ship before jumping to next sector all adjacent jumps in the next sector will be stores.
starplaysgames10

Postby starplaysgames10 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am

106. (CE only) If the enemy have a light laser, they'll shoot it after your crew members repelled boarders or when they're repairing hull breach.