[SHIP] Trenchcoat Has Arrived In This Sector

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[SHIP] Trenchcoat Has Arrived In This Sector

Postby stylesrj » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Well I got back into Anno 2070 and man do I love the Trenchcoat character. He's an old man with an old nuclear-powered aircraft carrier modified to carry cargo. He comes and goes as he pleases and remarks how the authorities are always after him and not to question his goods. No invoice, no receipt, got it?

I was rather saddened in Anno 2205 when his ship was washed up on the shores of a sector and he was now just a hologram pointing you to the last treasure troves he found.
So... why not continue his legacy?

A few decades after The Fat Lady was run aground, the leading Corporation, X-Dynamics restored the wreck of Trenchcoat's ship and turned it into a spaceship to facilitate cargo transport between the Earth and the Moon. Not long after that, Mars and the asteroid belt were opening up as new frontiers and The Fat Lady's massive cargo capacity was used to transport large quantities of minerals over long intrastellar distances.

Upon discovery of the FTL Drive, the Fat Lady was cast aside for faster, more powerful ships and left to rot in a junkyard somewhere near Ceres, the Trenchcoat Avatar standing guard and organising repairs to prevent his beloved ship from falling apart. He also salvaged an old FTL drive and attached it to the ship.
For centuries though, the Fat Lady remained until an enterprising salvager boarded the ship and earned the favour of Trenchcoat. It still held up rather well compared to other cargo vessels and was easy to run and operate.

An incident involving the Zoltan Resource Protection Committee led to the Fat Lady being impounded in a Federation hangar until the Rebellion started moving into the sector.
With not much time left on the clock before the Rebels would takeover the sector, an enterprising Captain holding the vital data about the Rebel Flagship took command of the Fat Lady and set off for the stars. Trenchcoat wondered if his new Captain was going to be a friend or a foe and decided to help them out...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3xqske0na ... chcoat.ftl
(Replaces Federation A)

Anyway story aside, here's what the Fat Lady has to offer:
* Lots of large rooms
* Several custom-looking room images
* A Cargo Mass Driver Artillery (Fires 5 shots every 30 seconds on base cooldown).
* Dual Shot Laser
* A hold full of contraband (Captain's Edition trade good. Only works in Captain's Edition)
* Requisition License (You're a smuggling ship, not a pirate. Also works only in Captain's Edition)
* AI Controlled
* Repair Drone, Anti Personnel Drone
* Durable 40HP hull

(Yes I know a 3x2 teleporter only transports 4 people. Let's assume two of the pads are faulty)

The idea behind the ship is that you've got many large rooms for better or for worse. It is designed to be run in Captain's Edition but it can be played without the mod. You just lose out on the AI Avatar and the extra goodies in the hold like the contraband which can be sold.
The original design was to wait for the artillery to fire, then fire a Hull Beam but this took way too long for my liking so now it's a Dual Shot Laser with Artillery support.
Since there's a Repair Drone and Drone Control, and you should start with 1 crew, Slug Gel isn't needed to fix hull breaches. Try not to lose everything though as those are your only means to patch up hull breaches.

I also recommend using Limited Time Offer or some mod that allows you to spawn in extra systems. By default you only get 1 extra system before you max out and I think it'd be a waste not to see what all the rooms look like when filled out.

Lemme know what you think or if anything needs to be improved or changed.

Videos:
My own run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhFtFjg1oRk

Previous Versions:
None yet :)

Ship hull belongs to the Fat Lady of Anno 2070 by Ubisoft.
Trenchcoat is also from the same game.
Last edited by stylesrj on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] Trenchcoat Has Arrived In This Sector

Postby stylesrj » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 am

Added my video run to the list of videos.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:21 pm

why is the mini-ship image so small?.. I mean, the ship is pretty big compared to other ships: if anything the mini-ship image should be bigger than normal
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:26 am

Because I set it to the same size as the other mini ship icons yet for some reason, FTL likes to mess with the icons at random.
Also, I didn't set it using SL. I just named the icon after the blueprint after I had created the mod and that's probably why.
TriedThrice

Postby TriedThrice » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 am

The nostalgia... I loved Trench-Coat, both him and Leon were in every game i played :D

you are an absolute legend for making this. CHEERS
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:35 am

Glad you like it. I'm hoping to do a few of these Anno 2070 ships converted to FTL ships.

I think my next mod will be Keto's Anaconda :)
Then perhaps the Biosphere A.R.K