[Ship] Robotic Takeover

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
fdagpigj

[Ship] Robotic Takeover

Postby fdagpigj » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Why this exists
During the creation of the Pinkyller I was talking with some friends about how zoltans are extremely shit for boarding. Is there anything that could be worse? Yeah, engis (arguably). So, I wanted to make a ship with engi boarding, of course. I wanted to give it a healing beam, but apparently negative persDamage doesn't work on other weapon types except bombs :( y u do dis, ftl devs? But since bombs can target your own ship and I wanted to limit healing to while boarding, I went with plan B ie. recon teleport. I then also gave it boarding drone (and 5 parts), mantis pheromones, and dual laser, because I don't want this ship to suck - but I still doubt it's overpowered.

I was considering making other crew races entirely unavailable, but decided against it for two reasons: It's not trivial to mod, and it would mess with game balance too much (you wouldn't be able to get blue options for the other races etc.). Instead I trust you not to use the teleporter with any other races than engi. You wouldn't do such a thing, would you?

Download
v1.0:
Dropbox
(If you need a mirror, do let me know)

Other useful info
  • Replaces Engi A
  • 8 starting power
  • No artillery - but this time I added the snippet that sets the rarity to 0.
  • No custom anything. In my defence, I started this a bit late and was worried I wouldn't get a ship out in time for the March update of the MML :P

Showcase videos
Anistuffs: Entire run (feat. engi boarding all the way through)
Biohazard063: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4