Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
stylesrj

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 pm

ozan4550 wrote:After grinding for a slug victory for 2 days, i had the perfect boarding ship of slug b layout. Dna bank, full hp teleport, cbay and 4 strong boarders. Had a full arsenal of systems upgraded to boot. At the last stand i jump in a rebel controlled beacon. Trying to dodge the asb, i jump away with 4 boarders onboard thinking they will be cloned. NOPE. Backup dna bank dont mean shite i guess. Didnt even try to fight the mothership. Just went to hangar. Fuk dat

Why in the galaxy would you think the backup DNA bank would restore the lives of the crew onboard an enemy ship without confirmation of their fate? How do you know that the moment you jumped away, the Rebels captured your crew and have them moved to a POW camp or something to live out the rest of their lives?
You can't clone people who are already alive. It's against regulations.
batspaceman

Postby batspaceman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:06 pm

I was trying to get the crystal ship (using the Rock C exploit) and the quest beacon was physically impossible to get to. It was the left most beacon, and by the time i got there, using the fastest possible route, the rebels were there.
Lily Adams

Postby Lily Adams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 am

2 things;
1) a U shaped beacon map. of course, I went along the wrong way. fought through 11 elites before dying on the exit beacon.

2) Forgetting I have autofire/the artillery beam with boarders.... autofire toasted my two mantises just before section 8. All else I had was engis and zoltan.... I still won though!!!
UltraWesley123

Postby UltraWesley123 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Warning! Shields Critical
Warning! Hull Critical
Warning! Engines Critical
Warning! Intruders Detected

It happened to me. All at once!
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Or as we call it here: Tuesday.
rony albert

Postby rony albert » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

UltraWesley123 wrote:Warning! Shields Critical
Warning! Hull Critical
Warning! Engines Critical
Warning! Intruders Detected

It happened to me. All at once!

It always sounds messy...!
subchorionichemorrhagehealth care tips
Last edited by rony albert on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:00 am

The first time I got the damaged stasis pod, I successfully awakened the crystal unit without knowing what to do, and he told me to go to the Rock Homeworlds. Sure enough, I found the Rock Homeworlds but I was focused on something else and I picked the other sector.

Took me something like twenty tries after that just to get to the crystal sector!
AtraUnam

Postby AtraUnam » Tue May 02, 2017 7:06 pm

When I have no evade because some guy is attacking my pilot, but I have 2 mantis attacking the enemy pilot and he just jumps away autokilling my boarders. Just happend and its my one and only MAJOR gripe about game balance.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 pm

To be fair, you can jump away while your pilot is being attacked and to the enemy ship, those crew are lost to them.
PsychoticSquid

Postby PsychoticSquid » Sun May 14, 2017 11:55 am

http://imgur.com/a/RMcnw

This was back before Advanced Edition when I was still trying to unlock the Crystal ship. It was my last unlock, so I decided that every time I played I would play specifically to try and get the unlock. I started getting exhausted from the many failed attempts (especially the ones that came close but one of the events was out of sequence or didn't appear) and skipped through the first sector as quickly as possible (even leaving enounters I could have fairly easily won) just to see if the map layout was possible for the unlock. If I could see it wasn't possible, then I would restart the game. This was the worst one that came up, so much so that I screenshotted it via Steam and uploaded it out of pure disbelief. I ended up unlocking the ship a couple days later.