[SHIP] [AE] Prototype Rock Battleship, The Bullrock

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Northern_Warrior

[SHIP] [AE] Prototype Rock Battleship, The Bullrock

Postby Northern_Warrior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 am

This battleship contains the finest known Rock technology, making it an extremely powerful ship that relies on indestructible armor instead of shields.

This battleship also includes my previous one, the Suvius, and I'll probably add more battleships.

Here are the pros:
- Invincible armor, hull cannot be damaged normally ( systems can still be damaged )
- Primary missile battery fires off a salvo of 5 missiles causing fires and hull breaches
- 4 starting custom missile launchers
- Lots of empty rooms, which if hit, won't take any damage because of the super armor
- Even in death, the ship remains in one piece, the explosions presumably the sound of your systems and crew dying, but the armor, being too tough, will ensure the ship survives if you do not ( this isn't really a pro, but I decided to put it here anyway )
- 4 starting crew, but you'll need all of them just to repair broken systems
- Starts with cloaking
- 99 missiles and an explosive replicator at the start

Cons:
- 5 starting system power
- Only 10 hull, the only way you can take damage is system damage though
- Can never get shields
- As you can see, no vents... fires and boarding crews might be a big problem
- Nothing else too noteworthy of a pro

Overall, it's simpler in design than the Lanius battleship, although this is by choice, as I wanted the Rock battleship to be more brute force to represent the Rocks better.

The Bullrock has custom cloaking and gibs ( only 1, read the pro if you want to know what that means ). Shields can look as horrible as I want as you'll never see them.

Install Battleship Arsenal.ftl first, then Suvius.ftl, Harbinger.ftl the Bullrock.ftl in whichever order you like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1tzgkbem7wuo ... l.rar?dl=0
Last edited by Northern_Warrior on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Northern_Warrior

Re: [SHIP] [AE] Prototype Rock Battleship, The Bullrock

Postby Northern_Warrior » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am

Might as well reserve this for now. Fixed a few bugs that might have been causing crashes as well.
ArfyIII

Postby ArfyIII » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:31 am

I just had a run with this ship, and there is a major problem; since all Rock ships have rock plating, and this ship modifies it heavily so you don't take damage, if you fight a Rock ship, they will be invulnerable.

Also, I feel like 99 missiles is a bit overkill especially with a missile-replicator.
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 am

ArfyIII wrote:I just had a run with this ship, and there is a major problem; since all Rock ships have rock plating, and this ship modifies it heavily so you don't take damage, if you fight a Rock ship, they will be invulnerable.

Also, I feel like 99 missiles is a bit overkill especially with a missile-replicator.

Oh, woops, I forgot to include the AI ship files. Fixed it now.

I gave it 99 missiles because it's suppose to have such a vast arsenal of missiles that it will never run out.

New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czkqqtqdgiuyr ... 3.rar?dl=0 ( Updated above as well )
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:57 am

You could modify the guns so they don't use missiles but still shoot them.
Otherwise, what's the point of making them use ammo?

As for Rock Plating, looks like Captain's Edition is out of the question: Not just Rock Ships will have it but those annoying satellites and possibly the Flagship in one of the phases.
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:00 am

stylesrj wrote:You could modify the guns so they don't use missiles but still shoot them.
Otherwise, what's the point of making them use ammo?

As for Rock Plating, looks like Captain's Edition is out of the question: Not just Rock Ships will have it but those annoying satellites and possibly the Flagship in one of the phases.

I will try something else then, as currently I've bundled all the ships together, so this just breaks everything out of vanilla. I'll make the Rock ship separate from the others for now until I figure out what to do with it.
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:27 am

I've fixed the problem. I set Nano Rock Plating to 34% chance to resist damage and gave three to the ship. It seems to work.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:38 am

You could give it two and have it provide 50% each, so Rock ships do become rather a bit of nuisance but well... I don't like the idea of having 3 augment slots taken up for the gimmick.
Northern_Warrior

Postby Northern_Warrior » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 am

stylesrj wrote:You could give it two and have it provide 50% each, so Rock ships do become rather a bit of nuisance but well... I don't like the idea of having 3 augment slots taken up for the gimmick.

Actually, I did plan for that eventually, I'm just not sure what I would give for the third augment slot, if anything.

EDIT: I updated the file, it's 50% protection from one augment now.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 pm

The other alternative is some sort of script that disables Rock Plating from appearing on enemy ships. I think it's needed on the regular enemy files and the DLC files and I have no idea how those advanced scripts work but I'm sure someone does and it's probably like a few lines.

Because I have seen a previous mod that gave Rock Plating total invulnerability and almost no other Rock ship had it.

Have a look at Gencool's Obsidian Bomber for how it works:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29030