FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.297/Inf 1.28/EL 1.297

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:42 am

Gidoza wrote:This is why I was making a mod of the mod, because there's stuff like this in -many- places throughout the mod.

I would try that, but in your post there isn't much in the way of the details really. I know you said the changelog got mixed around and you lost track combined with little interest in the mod, but you haven't really specified even major/notable changes, so I'm not sure if I want to go into it if you've cut out some events.

Still though, I guess I am sort of interested in doing something similar, because the Ares Missile doesn't seem to have much good about it as I pointed out. I could just rebalance it -- I'm not sure if removing it is the right thing to do. I don't have quite enough experience with CE as it stands nor would I create something like that unless I had other things I have problems with.
toobigspoon

Postby toobigspoon » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:11 am

stylesrj wrote:Have you tried removing FTL from your computer and reinstalling it?
The game might have some problems or lingering files (a bad backup, etc) that might be causing compatibility issues.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I did try uninstalling (through steam) and it didn't make a difference, the game still crashes constantly, and I cannot continue saves that were at the final beacon of the first sector. I did attempt to run the game using the older version of CE I already had, but I got similar errors, even though that used to run fine. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall outside of steam?
UncleFester

Postby UncleFester » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:14 pm

stylesrj wrote:Fester, if there are issues with the mod, can you please use the Troubleshooting section before posting your issue? Because it already has the answer.

Troubleshooting, which is in the very first post wrote:Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL. You can do this in various ways depending on your OS and personall preferences. Some ways might involve using third party software. Use a search engine to find out how to allocate more memory to FTL and EL might work. If that is too much trouble consider not using EL.

Thank you, Sir. Sorry, I didn't read this.

First, I thought it's a joke. An application unable to use large memory volume in 2017, hmmm... But indeed, a problem lays here. And here is a solution: https://www.maketecheasier.com/increase ... 64-bit-os/ - with 4Gb patch from this article (which probably sets IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag for exe) the problem was solved.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 pm

after writing the stats for plasma throwers on the ftl-captains-edition wiki, then playing with Endless Loot I noticed a slight discrepancy:

here you may or may not notice that it says it fires 3 shots. okay sounds good, right? but then I remembered the stats for the regular plasma thrower mark i in the FTL Captain's Edition 1.297 mod and it says it fires 4 projectiles. I then compared the mark ii and noticed the same off-by-1 discrepancy --> 8 to 9.

so the real question is what are stats supposed to be? is the mark i supposed to fire 3 or 4 projectiles? is the mark ii supposed to fire 8 or 9 projectiles? if it's 4 and 9, then Endless Loot has the problem. if it's 3 and 8, then you just have to change it for FTL Captain's Edition mod file thing.. However, I doubt the change to 4 and 9 was unintentional, so Endless Loot needs to be updated for that. is that correct?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Yes, their base stats are intended to be the same as in main CE. EL has not integrated quite a few minor changes in main CE, due to afford mentioned reasons. I'd have to rewrite parts of the .prefix file and I'd have to figure out how to run the EL tool in order to update EL in the first place. Right now I don't really have the time and I'm not sure if I can run the tool at all without having Rann look into it again, which might need even more time.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:54 pm

I noticed on the main menu image there's a word misspelled. I think that's an image thing so the spellcheck won't account for it. "sugestion" should be "suggestion" with two g's. I've underlined it to highlight it:

Sleeper Service wrote:Yes, their base stats are intended to be the same as in main CE. EL has not integrated quite a few minor changes in main CE, due to afford mentioned reasons. Right now I don't really have the time ... might need even more time.

okay no problem. since you don't have much time I can only assume hyperspace dogfights or whatever thing you're working on is quite important. besides, I feel like I'm the only one that uses EL anyway :P

:edit: I'm actually working on that Better Descriptions thing I mentioned earlier, been following up on the changes. I guess I'll release it when it's ready as my own remix of it instead of having you look over them since the descriptions overfill the UI in some cases. it's still quite a ways off, but I have written descriptions, however implausible, for various prefixes.

:edit2: and also, it's also a mish-mash of sorts with a "Better Cooldown" or rather "more accurate" cooldown (down to the decimal, however far it goes, capping at 3 decimal places) whatever that means (I presume the multipliers were pretty much intended for only one or so decimal place(s)). It shall indeed take forever doing it manually, but I have done it for a bunch of weapons.
toobigspoon

Postby toobigspoon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 am

It turns out my drivers were out of date, the game runs fine with all of the mods.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am

another case of some incorrect Endless Loot prefix.

this time it's the Sungazer prefix for beam weapons (shield pierce +1, fire chance +4):

it looks like the fire chance part isn't present, making this a more expensive version of the piercing prefix

I checked the dropbox source, and the fireChance tag is missing altogether:

:edit; it seems to only be the case for beam weapons. the sungazer for drone beam weapons seems to work as intended.

:edit2; except for DE_DRONE_BEAM_FIRE_SUNGAZER_DRONE_WEAPON, which has the fireChance listed as 13, but that doesn't seem to be used for an existing drone anyways.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:59 am

the "hidden="true" attribute seems to be missing for this choice:
(this is the event where you agree to capture some criminals for space marshals. alive gives a better reward)