[Ship] Mikoyan MIG-31 FoxHound

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Whited

[Ship] Mikoyan MIG-31 FoxHound

Postby Whited » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Third ship/jet getting out of his hangar this time he packs a punch :twisted:

Mikoyan MIG-31 FoxHound

The Mikoyan MIG-31 FoxHound is a jet interceptor equiped with a powerful radar. (Replace Kestrel-A)

Highlights:

¤ Six slots for weapons
¤ Powerful Radar
¤ Combo Flak (When you need to make extra holes in your enemy)
Auto-Fire is not working for projectile weapons in slots 5 & 6.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g89dj6d8svnfa ... D.ftl?dl=0

V1: Release
V2: Fixed engine room & computer screen
Last edited by Whited on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
mr_easy_money

Re: [Ship] Mikoyan MIG-31 FoxHound

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 pm

you seem to be on a roll with creating ships! say, where do you get the ship art? do you make it yourself, or pull from the internet? if it's from the internet then you should definitely credit whoever made it.

now about the ship. okay yeah starting with two advanced flak does seem rather frightening. there seems to be an extra power capacity for weapons in that case (2 adv flak's are 2 power total, 3 power in weapons). The fact that there are 6 slots is fine though, as I've seen ships with more than that.

and also, there is a pretty big glow offender in the engines room, what with it being on the floor instead of on the console. the room below engines (the 1x1 room) isn't connected to the rest of the ship. you could either connect it to the rest of the ship or make the engines room a 3x1 (or is it a 1x3??). to be honest you might not even need that airlock, as that could be part of the ship's challenges. it's up to you, really.

Did someone say Foxhound??
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Just warn people not to set the weapons in Slots 5 and 6 to auto-fire. They don't know.
No really, the game cannot handle projectile weapons auto-firing in those slots. Beams are fine though.

Also, I'm with easy_money on the airlock that's disconnected. A single Lanius or Ghost/AI there and you can't do anything to upgrade your ship ever again.
Whited

Postby Whited » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:03 pm

As always, thank you for your support, just stupid things i miss like a room without doors :roll: .
And yes my ship/jets images are taken from google images.
MGS fan forever.
SentryJumper

Postby SentryJumper » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 am

This one looks nice - I'll have to give it a try later. How are the 6 weapon slots balanced? (what can't it do?)

Also, just a suggestion - given that your ships so far seem to be following a theme, it might be worth putting them in Type A, B and C slots so they can be loaded all at once.
Image ImageImage
Whited

Postby Whited » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Auto-Fire is not working for projectile weapons in slots 5 & 6.
I could later make a modpack of these three.