One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Nomiddlename

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby Nomiddlename » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I_am_person wrote:
Jrmorris wrote:Actually, nevermind about joining. My mind's been off on a tangent about a massive slug ship and stuff. I would like to remark that this is the first forum i've been on who hasn't immediately responded with hostility.

Edit 5 seconds later: Going back on myself again, i will participate, but my character is more of a background character who might give bits of info, help scrap stuff or something like that, then suddenly act as a full on crewmember thanks to my nature. Ah well, tangenty tangenty tangent.

I can see some forums not being accepting of new members, especially people a bit more... eccentric, like you(doesn't mean it's a bad thing). Also, it's not a tangent, just your thought process. Like, when I joined this thing, I was ridiculously busy and had multiple other rps to attend to. I could've written a book about what went through my mind back then. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're welcome here.

On a side note, what does everybody think of a chat room or some sort on Discord or possibly a different platform that we can use as a more consistent and personal OOC instead of sticking stuff in brackets or colors like this? I myself was questioning the idea of presenting this to you guys but it seems to work pretty well on the other rps that I've been in and I can make one, so.... what do you guys say?

Sounds good.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm really sorry, guys, but I've decided to drop out of the RP.
It's been awesome, but lately it randomly halts, starts back up and then does the same thing again. If it stayed at a steady flow I think I'd be able to go with it, but since it's been so unreliable I'm going to stop.
I'm sorry if people have hard feelings towards me, but there's really nothing I can do about it except say that I'm sorry. I hope that me leaving isn't too much of a blow to the RP.

Thanks for starting this, Dyno. It was fun. :)

Targon's gonna abandon ship now. Plug in the piano music.

Targon was in his room, as usual, working on his project. Everything was fine; he was typing up Hybrid coding and waiting for a zip file containing more Hybrid mainframes from Dyxie.
At least, everything seemed fine. Targon was so busy working that he didn't hear the faint beeping underneath his chair...

Until it was too late. The beeping suddenly stopped, gave out one last boop, and a voice said "Rebels a-WIN!!"

In the sensor room, the dot that represented Targon vanished with a small beep, and his room shook with the impact of the explosion, reducing everything in it to mere scrap metal.
Thus ended Targon's life.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:24 pm

All was calm again with the rebel ship taken care of. Arkangel and Nazia were still on the other ship and everyone's seemed to start to lose their adrenaline rush. That is, until an explosion rattled the ship. Kr immediately looked at the screen of his console to see damage to doors in sensors, but that was all he could see. He left his post, thinking that another rebel ship had snuck up on them. The door to sensors wouldn't open, and the manual opener was stuck too. "We could use your ram over here, Nazia." Kr forced a claw into the opening and managed to open the door an inch, but that was all. The room looked destroyed, there were two breaches, but he couldn't see any sign of Targon.

It is kind of a problem that is keeps starting and stopping. But thanks for doing there rp elijahadb.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:52 pm

Tabitha heard and felt the explosion rocking the ship. She fell to the ground and dropped her tools. "Did someone just hit us?" she shouted to Quintet "I'm certain we still have some shields left..."
The damage report seemed to be coming from... "Targon?"
She quickly grabbed her blaster and headed over to the site to see the Lanius were already there trying to ram the door down "Careful, there might be boarders..." Tabitha warned

Farewell elijahadb. I'll miss you and your insights :(
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 am

elijahdb wrote:I'm really sorry, guys, but I've decided to drop out of the RP.
It's been awesome, but lately it randomly halts, starts back up and then does the same thing again. If it stayed at a steady flow I think I'd be able to go with it, but since it's been so unreliable I'm going to stop.
I'm sorry if people have hard feelings towards me, but there's really nothing I can do about it except say that I'm sorry. I hope that me leaving isn't too much of a blow to the RP.

Thanks for starting this, Dyno. It was fun. :)

Targon's gonna abandon ship now. Plug in the piano music.

Targon was in his room, as usual, working on his project. Everything was fine; he was typing up Hybrid coding and waiting for a zip file containing more Hybrid mainframes from Dyxie.
At least, everything seemed fine. Targon was so busy working that he didn't hear the faint beeping underneath his chair...

Until it was too late. The beeping suddenly stopped, gave out one last boop, and a voice said "Rebels a-WIN!!"

In the sensor room, the dot that represented Targon vanished with a small beep, and his room shook with the impact of the explosion, reducing everything in it to mere scrap metal.
Thus ended Targon's life.

A shame, but I respect your decision.

Also guys I did the thing the server may be WIP depending on when you see this but yeah.

https://discord.gg/gcqPy52

^link
Injustice Rains From Above!
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:19 am

https://discord.gg/gcqPy52

Guys I did the thing there's the link to the channel up there dyno I'll give you access to stuff later once I get everything set up.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Wow, thanks guys! Maybe sometime down the road when there's another RP I'll be able to join. :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm

(I'm sorry I messed this up for you. I really can't excuse myself for any of the mistakes I've been making and I'm sorry that those mistakes made you give this up. Farewell and good luck.)

Quintet heard the blast. In an instant, he contacted someone with a simple message.
"Targon is out. Clear section B5 and B6 or this will all topple. Good luck."

Then he had to deal with the crew.

"Targon is dead. My best guess is that he was killed by an explosion planted by a rebel from our fights a while ago. It raises a lot of questions, but we have to keep moving. I'm stirring up the jump drive."
Last edited by dyno101 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:29 am

You're fine, dude! :D Please don't feel bad about this, stuff just happens in life and you get distracted. I'd probably do the exact same thing in your place, so don't feel bad. :)
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:41 pm

dyno101 wrote:
"Targon is dead. My best guess is that she was killed by an explosion planted by a rebel from our fights a while ago. It raises a lot of questions, but we have to keep moving. I'm stirring up the jump drive."

A reverse trap? That's a pretty interesting secret you had there elijah.