FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.296/Inf 1.28/EL 1.295

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 am

I've noticed something odd about the Assault prefix relating to bomb/missile type weapons in Endless Loot
(taken from the endless loot prefix data, a link for reference: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/722 ... efixes.xml)

Code: Select all

<Mod name="ASSAULT_MISSILES">
   <Predicates>
      <Predicate tag="missiles" greater="0"/>
      <Predicate tag="rarity" greater="0"/>
      <Predicate tag="power" lower="4"/>
   </Predicates>
   <Updates>
      <Update tag="title" prefix="Assault "/>
      <Update tag="short" prefix="As "/>
      <Update tag="desc" postfix=" Assault: cooldown x0.75; power cost +1"/>
      <Update tag="tooltip" postfix=" Assault: cooldown x0.75; power cost +1"/>
      <Update tag="cooldown" mul="0.5"/>
      <Update tag="power" add="+1"/>
      <Update tag="cost" mul="1.1"/>
      <Update tag="weaponArt" postfix="_gritty"/>
   </Updates>
</Mod>

see how it says in the description update tag the cooldown is multiplied by a factor of 0.75? In contrast, the actual cooldown multiplier update tag indicates that the factor is 0.5.
This difference is significant especially for weapons with longer base cooldowns.
FearTheBlaziken

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Soulfire91 wrote:So, I've been getting crashes every time I use the Subspace Scanner to prevent enemy cloaking.
I am using the Potential ship and have lvl 3 Sensors.
It keeps saying it will use power, but it always crashes the game.

This is a known glitch for this particular kind of Ship, whenever the Potential (or any ship with more than 29 power, not including Zoltans) jumps into an Ion Storm, the game will crash. This also means that any event that takes power away from the Reactor will crash the game, seeing how Captain's Edition has combat filler events where your reactor temporarily loses power, the Potential may end up crashing randomly during combat.

TL;DR - Don't use Combat Augments on the Potential, In fact, you probably shouldn't play that Ship in CE at all.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.
mr_easy_money

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.295/Inf 1.28/EL 1.295

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE Endless Loot 1.295 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.295 for CE Infinite
- "Heavy" prefix on ion weapons works as intended now

While looking through and messing around with the Endless Loot files, I noticed that the ion weapons in dlcBlueprints.xml.append with this prefix weren't fixed.

here are the three weapons in question, where they all have the "ion" tag set to 1 instead of 2 for this prefix:
ION_STUN_HEAVY_ION ("Heavy" Ion Stunner)
ION_CHARGEGUN_HEAVY_ION ("Heavy" Ion Charger)
ION_CHAINGUN_HEAVY_ION ("Heavy" Chain Ion)

side notes: imagine if you stay around long enough for the Heavy Chain Ion to reach its last stage (24 s cooldown each stage) which would be 5 ion damage. get through 3 shield bubbles that way. 24 seconds is way too long, but nothing compared to missiles with the "Replicator" prefix.
AtraUnam

Postby AtraUnam » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Is there any way to add more events to this mod? my only real complaint with it is that I often end up running into the exact same events over and over again, I don't imagine it being too hard to make duplicates of existing events with different flavour text and it would really help the 'quality of life' of the mod. I'm willing to do this myself if someone would show me how.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:11 am

AtraUnam wrote:Is there any way to add more events to this mod? ... I'm willing to do this myself if someone would show me how.

here is a tutorial detailing event structure by CaptainShooby (how to make your own events): https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... mzX32GB-Dw
events structure via ftlwiki.com (syntax of events file structure and various things you can do): http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Events_file_structure
AtraUnam wrote:...my only real complaint with it is that I often end up running into the exact same events over and over again, I don't imagine it being too hard to make duplicates of existing events with different flavour text and it would really help the 'quality of life' of the mod...

to add in extra flavour text you don't even need to duplicate events, instead use a textList in place of text

here are the ftlwiki notes detailing a text list: http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Events_file_structure#Text_list

also important to note is that if there is a tag like <ship load="REBEL_RIGGER" hostile="true {or false}"/> the victory/escape rewards and texts are located in events_ships.xml. (fancy brackets are my notes)

here is an event I just made for this as an example (kind of got carried away making it), where ALL the text tags load a textList:

Code: Select all

<event name="UNUSUAL">
   <ship load="UNUSUAL_SHIP" hostile="false"/>
   <text load="UNUSUAL_START_TEXT"/>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text load="UNUSUAL_HAIL_TEXT"/>
      <event>
         <text load="UNUSUAL_DAMAGE_TEXT"/>
         <damage amount="3"/>
      </event>
      <event>
         <text load="UNUSUAL_DAMAGE_TEXT"/>
         <damage amount="4"/>
      </event>
      <event>
         <text load="UNUSUAL_REPAIRS_TEXT"/>
         <damage amount="-3"/>
      </event>
      <event>
         <text load="UNUSUAL_REPAIRS_TEXT"/>
         <damage amount="-4"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text load="UNUSUAL_NOTHING_TEXT"/>
      <event>
         <text load="UNUSUAL_NOTHING2_TEXT"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_START_TEXT">
   <text>As you approach the beacon, you encounter a rather unusual looking ship.</text>
   <text>Weird ships are quite rare and equally unusual. You encounter a prime example.</text>
</textList>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_HAIL_TEXT">
   <text>Hail the weird looking ship.</text>
   <text>Attempt communications with the strange ship.</text>
</textList>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_DAMAGE_TEXT">
   <text>Whatever the ship is, it is very angry for some reason. Somehow it has taken away some of your hull!</text>
   <text>You have angered the strange ship somehow. Instead of attacking you, it eats up some of your hull!</text>
   <text>As you wait for an answer, you fail to notice an artillery shell coming your way! As you quickly try to start up engines and run, you find they refuse to start up. Unable to move, you take some damage!</text>
</textList>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_REPAIRS_TEXT">
   <text>Its captain responds: "hahieefma@290dos???w1". Apparently the message got garbled up. The ship sends a repair drone out to patch up your ship!</text>
   <text>With no response from the ship, you presume you were unsuccessful. As you get ready to leave, you notice your hull has somehow gotten fixed!</text>
</textList>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_NOTHING_TEXT">
   <text>Leave the ship alone.</text>
   <text>Get out of here.</text>
</textList>
<textList name="UNUSUAL_NOTHING2_TEXT">
   <text>You know not what dangers the weird ship may hold. Best not to risk it.</text>
   <text>Unusual ships are rare and hardly get encountered. Better not to take chances.</text>
</textList>
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VampiPeng

Postby VampiPeng » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:02 am

Hello, the mediafire links don't seem to work to me. Could anyone post alternative links for CE Resource Pack, FTL Captain's Edition and CE Infinite Addon, pretty please?
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.297/Inf 1.28/EL 1.297

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:13 pm

What is the exact problem with the link?

CE Update 1.297
- Pulled latest spelling fixes from git hub
- Some misc fixes

CE Endless Loot 1.297 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.297 for CE Infinite
- Fixed "Heavy" prefix on certain ion weapons
- Fixed some cooldown prefixes on Auto Laser I
VampiPeng

Postby VampiPeng » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Sorry, forgot to write a message, it was just an error on my side.
Dalas120

Postby Dalas120 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:34 am

Would you still be open to adding more ship graphics? I've been drawing a few FTL-style ships and would love to see some of them make it into CE.

This is probably my best ship so far:

Obviously it's a modified scout, but I can draw decent ships from scratch as well.

Edit: I don't mean ships for new events - which I'm sure you don't have time for - but new ships for existing events. (e.g. a fuel plant for a fuel station event, instead of a recolored federation station.)