[AE][SHIP] Sire Class

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sirix1995

[AE][SHIP] Sire Class

Postby Sirix1995 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:05 pm

The Sire Class

To counter attack the rebellion assault, the Federation send three prototypes of a new class of FTL ships, the Sire Class. But, due to lack of time, the prototypes haven't been fully equipped. They will make their final upgrades in the travel to destroy the rebellion flagship, away from their starting station.

Hi everyone !

First, please excuse me in advance if my english isn't very correct, I am a french FTL player !

I recently made a ship class for the game. It isn't really original, because it is just a test. But I hope you like it anyway.

That class is named Sire. Sire, in french, is kinda like "Sir", but it is used to call very noble people. Like kings or lords.

So, the Sire Class has three Prototypes : Etherion, Red Dice and Dark Arrow. I think there are easy to play (I'm not really good at FTL), but, like I said before, it's just a test.

The hulls are made by me using the Skorpio's ship building kit.

Please note that the mod is made to work with the french translation of FTL. But you can use it with a Vanilla version. You will just have french names and french descriptions on the modded ships.

The Etherion (Replaces Kestrel type A)

The Etherion is the first Sire Class ship ever made, it has plenty of unfinished systems : weak weapons, a backup battery and an artillery laser. It also has a shield which doesn't has enough power to work. It has long-ranged scanners, weapons pre-igniter and zoltan shield. It begins with two humans and an engi. It can handle all of FTL AE's systems.

Download

Easier version (With a Drone System and a Reparation Drone in addition)

Video by Stylesrj (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)

The Red Dice (Replaces Kestrel type B)

I think the Red Dice is a little easier to play than the Etherion : it has better weapons, but only two slots. It uses the boss missile for artillery. It hasn't a classic shield natively, but it keeps zoltan shield and a shield+ drone (you will has to upgrade the drone system to use it). It has a Drone recovery arm. It begins with two humans and a mantis. It can handle, like the Etherion, all of AE's systems.

Download

The Dark Arrow (Replaces Kestrel type C)

The Dark Arrow is a bit different than the two others Sire class ships : it has less systems, less augments, no drones but better weapons : two dual lasers, a flak artillery, and a classic shield with one layer active. It only has long-ranged scanners and it begins with three humans. Like the two others, it can handle all AE's systems.

Download

Last edited by Sirix1995 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:41 am, edited 8 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [AE][SHIP] Sire Class

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 am

I'm gonna have to try out those ships for a video run and provide feedback.
Don't know which one I'll fly first but I'll figure it out when I get some time.

But I don't like the sounds of a ship that starts with a Pre-Igniter. That's either 60 free Scrap or one free Glaive Beam from overpowered.
Sirix1995

Postby Sirix1995 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:20 am

Hi stylesrj, thanks for your answer !

Weapon pre-igniter makes the ship very easy to play, I know it. I use it all the time with the Beginning scrap advantage mod when I play FTL, but like I said before, I'm a very bad player. I made these ships to correspond to my gameplay. So, I suppose, for a normal player they are very easy to play. Maybe I will make an harder version based on your and other people's feedbacks in the future. Thank you for your future video and hope you will enjoy the ride anyway !
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:27 am

I'm trying out the first ship now. Not a video run though. No free Glaive Beam yet but I did notice a lack of a Clone Bay. Didn't buy one but I'm certain I'd waste 50 Scrap if I did see it in stores...
Might wanna look into that.

Who knew finding weapons would be difficult?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 am

I'm also going to add - please don't add Drone Control just so you can use a Repair Drone. Let me decide if I want that system or not or if I want to repair the ship with such a drone.
Otherwise that system is going to take up a slot I could be using for say Cloaking or a Teleporter to go with Cloaking.
Sirix1995

Postby Sirix1995 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:34 am

Okay, you're right. I fixed the lack of clonebay. And I'll take note : no native drone system on the next version of the Etherion. Thanks for the advice !

EDIT : Modification done.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:20 am

Alright so I did a long video run of the Etherion with the updated systems and stuff. Not bad at all.

Although I do have to say that the Backup Battery is probably not needed at the start - you have enough power for what you need and honestly no one ever uses that thing, or at least I don't consider it as a part of any tactical decisions.
I'll have the first part of the run up some time later.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:23 am

And here's the video run:

https://youtu.be/612u_MDdyak
Sirix1995

Postby Sirix1995 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

I watched your video. I fount it really interesting : you play the ship in a very different way of mine. I realise that the Etherion is a very customisable ship.

I never play with the famous Captain's Edition Mod, I already got some difficulties finishing the Vanilla Advanced Edition, so I think I need a lot of training first. But the weapons you equipped to the ship looks really efficient ! I think I haven't created a single combinaison of weapons which can destroy enemy ships that fast.

About the backup battery, I personally use it a lot. Especially on the end of the game : I use the max of system you can install on the ship and the reactor is rarely able to aliment all of the functions. So I use the battery for that. I know I could make it optional, but it makes the ship more difficult to me, and, like you said, it doesn't annoy a player who don't use it. So I prefer to keep it present at the beginning. But if I have more feedback that says "don't keep the battery", i'll may reconsider my decision.

Oh ! And I almost forgot ! About the Red Dice Artillery, you're true. It needs to be improved. I will work on it when I'll have time.

So, thanks a lot for your video. It was very instructive and funny to watch, this is cool ! I you are going to upload next parts of the run, I'll be happy to watch it !
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Yeah I get a whole bunch of awesome weapons to work with, especially with GianTell's Armament backing it up. But such power always comes with a price... FTL does not reward success that easily.

I say "Don't keep the battery" because it's another system that can get damaged, set on fire and attacked by boarders.
Unless you quickly vent out the room or even then, it can mean a hull point of damage you don't want happening. Enemies don't use hull weapons that often so leaving it empty won't do too much harm.
And if you need the battery at the end of the game, hopefully it can be purchased.

On the flip-side of the coin however, it does mean you'll have more systems available in stores because half of them are not asking for you to buy their batteries.