Am I the Only Person that Loves the Fregatidae?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
I_am_person

Re: Am I the Only Person that Loves the Fregatidae?

Postby I_am_person » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:29 pm

ZoltandeZtroyer wrote:
95% Chance wrote:Most places I look I see users consistently bashing the Fregatidae for being one of the worst ships in the game. I don't know if that's because they don't know how to play the damn thing or what, but it should be pretty obvious!

Sure it doesn't start out with any weapons, but it does start out with a Mantis, 2 Zoltan, and a human. Now, because humans are common and uninteresting, they get to stay put, and the other Zoltan gets to stay put too. But you send the other Zoltan in with the Mantis to do some really nice energy based kamikaze attacks while that awesome flak artillery charges. I can't tell you how many times I've won using the Fregatidae, it has to be my favorite ship.

Why does it get so much hate? Sure, the life expectancy of the crew isn't really a big strong suit, but the clone bay takes care of that.

I just started right now with the ship and on my first 2 jump i got the "Heavy Scatter II" and "Burst Laser III" lol i'm very lucky. Btw is this community still active? since most posts are created 2013, now it's 2016 december.

I'm also using "Captain's Edition", it really makes the game alot harder but also alot more fun and challenging. If you don't recognize the guns i said above, it might be guns from the mod. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, first of all, I personally don't like the Burst Laster mk III. It doesn't have that shock value(and effectiveness, of course) that most 4 energy weapons give. Don't know what the heavy scatter is, though. About the ship, I love the concept of the ship and do suicide boarding all the time. Just not with the fregatidae.

As for the community, I'd say that while it's a lot less active now, it's still alive-ish.

Also, necro. Smh.
Injustice Rains From Above!
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:01 am

I_am_person wrote:
ZoltandeZtroyer wrote:
95% Chance wrote:Most places I look I see users consistently bashing the Fregatidae for being one of the worst ships in the game. I don't know if that's because they don't know how to play the damn thing or what, but it should be pretty obvious!

Sure it doesn't start out with any weapons, but it does start out with a Mantis, 2 Zoltan, and a human. Now, because humans are common and uninteresting, they get to stay put, and the other Zoltan gets to stay put too. But you send the other Zoltan in with the Mantis to do some really nice energy based kamikaze attacks while that awesome flak artillery charges. I can't tell you how many times I've won using the Fregatidae, it has to be my favorite ship.

Why does it get so much hate? Sure, the life expectancy of the crew isn't really a big strong suit, but the clone bay takes care of that.

I just started right now with the ship and on my first 2 jump i got the "Heavy Scatter II" and "Burst Laser III" lol i'm very lucky. Btw is this community still active? since most posts are created 2013, now it's 2016 december.

I'm also using "Captain's Edition", it really makes the game alot harder but also alot more fun and challenging. If you don't recognize the guns i said above, it might be guns from the mod. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, first of all, I personally don't like the Burst Laster mk III. It doesn't have that shock value(and effectiveness, of course) that most 4 energy weapons give. Don't know what the heavy scatter is, though. About the ship, I love the concept of the ship and do suicide boarding all the time. Just not with the fregatidae.

As for the community, I'd say that while it's a lot less active now, it's still alive-ish.

Also, necro. Smh.

heavy scatter is a weapon from CE.
basically a heavy laser doing extra crew damage
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Stormbringer wrote:heavy scatter is a weapon from CE.

actually it's more like a heavy laser doing extra hull damage.

from the wiki (I wrote this):
The Mark I is like combining a Basic Laser with one scatter laser shot (1 damage + 1 hull damage),
whereas the Mark II is like combining a Heavy Laser with one scatter laser shot (2 damage + 1 hull damage).

also you might have wanted to point out that the Burst Laser 3 in CE, like sM PK Insurrection, is 3 power for 4 shots.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:05 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:heavy scatter is a weapon from CE.

actually it's more like a heavy laser doing extra hull damage.

from the wiki (I wrote this):
The Mark I is like combining a Basic Laser with one scatter laser shot (1 damage + 1 hull damage),
whereas the Mark II is like combining a Heavy Laser with one scatter laser shot (2 damage + 1 hull damage).

also you might have wanted to point out that the Burst Laser 3 in CE, like sM PK Insurrection, is 3 power for 4 shots.

actually its just a heavy that does more crew damage (I've tested it several times and looked at the stats!) like how the burst scatter is a bl1 that does more crew damage.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Stormbringer wrote:actually its just a heavy that does more crew damage (I've tested it several times and looked at the stats!) like how the burst scatter is a bl1 that does more crew damage.

are we talking about the same weapon here?

the Heavy Scatter Laser Mark I stats, pulled from the files:

Code: Select all

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_LASER_HEAVY_SCATTER_1">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <tip>tip_laser</tip>
   <title>Heavy Scatter Laser Mark I</title>
   <short>Heavy Scatter I</short>
   <desc>Heavy scatter deal a lot of damage to ship hulls, but less damage to systems and crew.</desc>
   <tooltip>Fires 1 shot, deals 2 damage to hulls but only 1 damage to systems and crew. Low chance of fire.</tooltip>
   <damage>2</damage>
   <stunChance>2</stunChance>
   <sysDamage>-1</sysDamage>
   <persDamage>-1</persDamage>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>1</fireChance>
   <breachChance>0</breachChance>
   <cooldown>8</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>40</cost>
   <bp>6</bp>
   <rarity>1</rarity>
   ... {removed the unnecessary image tags}
</weaponBlueprint>

the Heavy Scatter Laser Mark I stats, pulled from the files:

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_LASER_HEAVY_SCATTER_2">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <tip>tip_laser</tip>
   <title>Heavy Scatter Laser Mark II</title>
   <short>Heavy Scatter II</short>
   <desc>Slightly improved version of the heavy scatter laser that fires a larger volley and therefore deals more damage.</desc>
   <tooltip>Fires 1 shot, deals 3 damage to hulls but only 2 damage to systems and crew. Low chance of fire.</tooltip>
   <damage>3</damage>
   <stunChance>2</stunChance>
   <shots>1</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>3</fireChance>
   <cooldown>11</cooldown>
   <power>2</power>
   <cost>60</cost>
   <bp>10</bp>
   <rarity>3</rarity>
</weaponBlueprint>

then the burst scatter laser mark i, pulled from the files:

<weaponBlueprint name="BA_LASER_BURST_SCATTER_1">
   <type>LASER</type>
   <tip>ce_tip_laser_scatter</tip>
   <title>Burst Scatter Laser Mark I</title>
   <short>Burst Scatter I</short>
   <desc>This simple scatter laser fires spreading projectiles to bring down shields for other weapons.</desc>
   <tooltip>Fires 2 shot, 1 damage each; cannot damage systems or crew.</tooltip>
   <damage>1</damage>
   <shots>2</shots>
   <sp>0</sp>
   <fireChance>0</fireChance>
   <cooldown>10</cooldown>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>60</cost>
   <bp>4</bp>
   <rarity>1</rarity>
</weaponBlueprint>

maybe you're thinking of the light scatter lasers? they do more crew damage than regular light lasers but lose the shield piercing
Mendel

Postby Mendel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 am

My best score ever is still from my Fregatidae run a couple years ago. The secondary artillery weapon is awesome for the final boss. it takes single handedly something like half off from the super zoltan shield.

(I still have the final battle recorded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n008aBKLac8 )
TheDreadedPirateTuco

Postby TheDreadedPirateTuco » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Maxed out Fregatidae = shield down every 20 seconds. This means...

Triple hull beam and pike is op.
Employee 427

Postby Employee 427 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:36 pm

I'll just necro this again to say that the Fregatidae really is terrible. Easily 2nd or 3rd worst in the game. Doesn't matter how much you like it; it's fundamentally weak in every aspect.