[AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JohnAqua

Re: [AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Postby JohnAqua » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 pm

And "Fight the power" is that a reference to what I think it is?

You...almost nailed it?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Now I don't have exact times on me but did I say "Fight the power" or did I put on some sort of accent and said "I have ze power!"
Because that last one sounds more like me quoting something I know all too well :lol:
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 pm

I think it was fight the power, and I think part 2 will be awesome. Any suggestions about adjustments that you have I would love.

BTW does anyone know how I could combine augments? I want to combine several augments to save space. And what about events? I want to make the ship a true AI ship but don't want it to start without crew, so and extra starting option to give crew at the start?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:40 am

JohnAqua wrote:I think it was fight the power, and I think part 2 will be awesome. Any suggestions about adjustments that you have I would love.

I give those out at the end of Part 2. Although I probably already told you - the Backup DNA bank is trash.

BTW does anyone know how I could combine augments? I want to combine several augments to save space. And what about events? I want to make the ship a true AI ship but don't want it to start without crew, so and extra starting option to give crew at the start?

Augments can't be combined but the AI ship starting with crew can be done... I'll suggest my Zoltan ships and my Christmas Flagship for examples. You need to do something like they did - a custom event at the start that adds crew when you select a blue option.

Or use the event scripting from the Oregon Trail ship I made:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29437

Just change the crew to Ghost. If changing event trees is complicated though, one of my Zoltan ships might have the answer. Just that the Oregon Trail is updated to be a bit more compatible with other mods as I think I figured out how Universal Starting Beacon works.
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:51 am

Maybe I should have specified, combining the augments code wise, as in they do the function of the others.

And I was thinking just add a blue option to the first event.

Oh and in the online users I keep seeing "web engine name [bot]" is that saying that that's literally the search engines looking at the site?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 am

Well you can't combine a Backup DNA bank with say a Reconstructive Teleporter, but if you're creative enough you could try to combine the Backup DNA bank with the Avatar Generator. You just gotta override the event scripts with your own so that every instance of an Avatar Generator requirement is instead replaced with the DNA bank requirement.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:43 am

if you do combine ai avatar generator with some other augment, you should probably change the name of that augment to reflect this change.

the decision rests on whether or not you think 'this augment should also have ai avatar generation capability'. it's doable, but you could also just get rid of backup dna like styles said, as ai avatar generation already deals with the low crew member health, unless you want crew that breathes oxygen to be safe, which doesn't make sense as you can't get oxygen
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:19 am

I was gonna do some more of the augments, but yeah that sounds doable.

And does anybody care whether a ship itself looks really good or not? Because I was thinking of building myself a tile set instead of using other people's ship art.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:44 am

And Part 2 is here!
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:36 am

I'll take your suggestions, and I might be making more ships in the future.

I've added a third weapon slot and reduced the drones to only duel combat I drones, along with a fire beam, pretty average in CE + infinite, not sure if it's OP now in vanilla.