[AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JohnAqua

[AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Postby JohnAqua » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

Introducing the Super-Position! This ship mod requires CE to work:
This ship uses advanced quantum physics to make a hub room that exists, yet doesn't.
Cannot have: Artillery due to crashing, Oxygen, you can only use AI and lanius.
Hacking and Teleporters are obtainable.
max 3 weapons if you get the system.
And starts with 2 combat I drones, sorry, haven't updated picture

Feel free to suggest stuff.

If you have the ship art you can totally request a ship. If I get enough requests I might just make a shipyard with them, and maybe make an easy way to submit requests without confusing me :P

Download: https://goo.gl/xG0UyP (google url to track downloads, goes to the box.com file.)

Credits: Sleeper Service, and to stargateprovider, for the ship textures I used. (I'm not an artist.)
Last edited by JohnAqua on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SentryJumper

Re: [AE][CE] A.A.I. The Super-Position ship (v2)

Postby SentryJumper » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 am

How exactly is the ship meant to work? Are the crew meant to just die, or can they get back to the ship from the clone bay?
Image ImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Yeah, the clone room has remote doors connecting to pretty much any place on the actual ship.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Ah, in that case, who says I can't have other races than Lanius? I mean I just turn off my oxygen for my Lanius A but it seems like this ship already did it for me.
Injustice Rains From Above!
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:04 am

Yes, that's why I call it the super position, because it breaks physical space.

Well I ran out of rooms that would fit the image and didn't assign the oxygen to a room, thus you physically can't get the system, I tried multi system rooms, the crew can't repair secondary systems.

Kind of designed to be able to be turned into a boarder ship if you get enough scrap for the systems.

And just a warning, wait before a crewmember is in the target room before telling them to go somewhere else, I've heard of reports of them getting stuck.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 am

Well, just did a video run of the ship. Here's Part 1 for your viewing pleasure.

JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Um, does anyone know how to make spoilers on this forum? I want to put the pictures/videos in the main post without cramping it up.

And the backup dna bank is very useful, did you notice crew has half health? And most of the first part at least you had the clone bay turned off? you could have lost your crew and died then.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Most players don't need the Medbay powered on at all times either.
If one of my crew did die however, I could divert power from another system to revive them. Sure it'd affect my combat performance but there is enough time to revive someone. Clone Bays don't instantly kill your crew the moment it goes offline

The Backup DNA Bank in my opinion should be removed from the ship because right now it is vendor trash. If it saved my crew from certain, disease-ridden events I'd consider keeping it around but right now all it does is not that useful and is better off selling ASAP. The AI Avatar Generator I recommend you keep though because some people might not luck out with their crew choices and it's good to have an option for more AIs.
JohnAqua

Postby JohnAqua » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Here's the thing, I've found that the clonebay gets targeted enough that if people were in it they could die because of system damage/ionizing/pulsar. And it's made for eventual boarding.
So less skilled players can survive :P

And "Fight the power" is that a reference to what I think it is?

And no it's not weaker than normal, it's actually got 40 hull, normal is 30.

I kind of built this for endless mode, so it might be OP compared to vanilla ships?

Oh and I'm not blaming you for it but the last name is Aqua, Latin for water, and pronounced: ah-kwa.

And thanks for the video.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:26 pm

JohnAqua wrote:Here's the thing, I've found that the clonebay gets targeted enough that if people were in it they could die because of system damage/ionizing/pulsar. And it's made for eventual boarding.
So less skilled players can survive :P

I found that the enemies really like to teleport into Doors or Weapons in my runs. And they throw their missiles at Engines.

And "Fight the power" is that a reference to what I think it is?

If it's about an anime involving giant robots piloting robots, not it's not a reference to that. Have not watched it.

I kind of built this for endless mode, so it might be OP compared to vanilla ships?

Well you could make a Vanilla version and an Endless version with the extra systems and hull.
Although I tend to think that if you play Endless long enough, you get the stuff you need anyway.

Oh and I'm not blaming you for it but the last name is Aqua, Latin for water, and pronounced: ah-kwa.

I've always pronounced it "Ack-wa" because no one corrected me when I said it as a child so it's now in my vocabulary :P

And thanks for the video.

Oh you'll love Part 2 when it comes out. It's RNG gone wrong :lol: