The Dirk - Replaces Kestrel A - [AE][Ship]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
lolman360

The Dirk - Replaces Kestrel A - [AE][Ship]

Postby lolman360 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:52 am

The Dirk is a small interceptor craft. It's highly recommended that you download the 20hp Hull Bar HUD as this ship has only 20 hp.
The HUD mod is available here.

It starts out with a level 4 engine and weapons, and a level 1 cloaking, clonebay, sensors and oxygen with a level 2 piloting at the start. The only system you can buy is the medbay and hacking because the ship is small. Seriously small. It gets 10 reactor power at the start.
It comes with the Heavy Pierce Laser Mk.I and the Chain Burst Laser Mk.I.
Screenshots are here
Have fun with it! Also have fun with fires and only 1 crew, that's fun, right?
Here is the download link!

(if there are problems (there will be) do tell so, or else nested brackets will replace the download link! (Muhahahahahahaahahha.(ha)))
Thanks to kartoFlane for Superluminal 2.
Last edited by lolman360 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: The Dirk - Replaces Kestrel A - [AE][Ship]

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Any pictures for mobile/Android users?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:02 am

Some things to report:
lolman360 wrote:It starts out with a level 4 engine and shields,

uh, there aren't any shields... :roll:
I talk about this later...

lolman360 wrote:The only system you can buy is doors because the ship is small. Seriously small.

You have 2 empty rooms, so you can probably fit two more things there. probably should give option for shields but if that's partly the point then it kinda makes sense. if you can't decide between systems, at least you can put the possibility of backup battery, though then again without shields or drones there isn't much of a point.

the room assigned clonebay does not become medbay if you try and buy it. to enable medbay in the same room, add in medbay in the same room and make it unavailable at start and just make sure clonebay is the one selected to be the one to start with.

on the ship's interior images:
  • the clonebay door block is pretty much unavoidable, unless you remove that door which isn't really a fix
  • there is probably a better engines room image to pick, as right now you have some interior in front of the doors
  • same thing for weapons, but because of all those doors you might not be able to really do so. at least you could move the computer to the left side of the room to look nicer, instead of running through a console when going through a door
  • possibly a better oxygen room image to not be blocking the door

the ship looks rather underpowered, with only 2 weapon slots and ship health reduced by 33%, along with being unable to buy any other systems such as drones, shields, or hacking
lolman360

Postby lolman360 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:11 am

Yeah, 'level 4 shields'. My bad. I will take your criticism into account, and will probably change the interior images. I do believe i forgot to change most while working on the mod, and I will probably move the clonebay, and add the medbay.
I made it so you cannot buy the medbay in the first place as it would only be 2 room/ 1 room space (medbay can have the blocking computer terminal) I will probably add a medbay with 2 spaces, and not just one.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:43 pm

lolman360 wrote:I made it so you cannot buy the medbay in the first place as it would only be 2 room/ 1 room space (medbay can have the blocking computer terminal) I will probably add a medbay with 2 spaces, and not just one.

you can actually keep clonebay where it is and then have medbay in a different room. if you buy medbay then clonebay will be removed and medbay will go to that different room you specified. this works because you can only have one or the other at a time. In some ships, this different room thing can really change things around.
lolman360

Postby lolman360 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:28 am

I knew that already, because that's how the Medbay/Clonebay replace each other in a test ship I made. Thanks for the gesture, though, but I just moved the clonebay and doors into different places. And added artillery. Because why now?