Custom artillery weapon crash just before firing.

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Jaded Wrath

Custom artillery weapon crash just before firing.

Postby Jaded Wrath » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Unfortunately it took me two days to figure out the cause of the crash, I finally realize that the crash is caused when the number of shots exceeds the amount of rooms the enemy ship has. For example, my artillery beam has 6 shots and whenever it came across a ship with 5 or less rooms it would crash the game just before firing.

So my question is, is there any way to set the <shots></shots> parameter to be set something like this:
if 6 => enemyRoomCount then set shots to 6
else
set shots to enemyRoomCount

I don't have much experience with xml so I'm not sure if anything like this is possible but if it is can someone let me know.
Auron1

Re: Custom artillery weapon crash just before firing.

Postby Auron1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 pm

Have you tried using a MIRV missile artillery?
I recall there is the Cathartes mod which fires a huge missiles which later splits into 6~7 smaller missiles. No crash there :roll:
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Jaded Wrath

Re: Custom artillery weapon crash just before firing.

Postby Jaded Wrath » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:35 am

That actually fits in with the lore of the ship! i'll certainly give it a shot, though its not exactly what i wanted.

Edit: It does indeed work, however i don't like that the missiles can miss purely because they don't target a room. Is there anyway to ensure that they are not targeting outside any of the rooms?