Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ATeaDaze

Re: Aer FTL - Star Trek Mod

Postby ATeaDaze » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:44 am

First of all, I wanted to say how much I appreciate you making this mod. The only thing that could make this game better is a Star Trek overhaul. Excellent work!

I think there's a minor issue w/ the Enterprise II. One of the weapons is not properly aligned and it's just kinda floating vertically outside the ship (top-left side).
Other than that, I haven't had any issues yet (although I just stated playing). I'll report any bugs or typos to help keep this project alive and polished.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:14 am

New Ships:
Engi 02 - The Tactical Cube

Zoltan 01 - Species 8472
Zoltan 02 - Species 8472

Slug 01 - D'Shara Warbird
Slug 02 - Another Warbird

Mantis 01 - Bird Of Prey
Last edited by Jamestg on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:32 am

The Klingon and Romulan Shuttle is online.
Last edited by Jamestg on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:18 am

All Engi Vesels are now Borg. I changed the Sphere grafics too.
I changed the Crystal Sector into a Parallel World sector. Just rewritten the existing quests. I plan to make new ones.
Last edited by Jamestg on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 am

I added the Defiant.

A possibility to communicate with your own faction was missing. Now you do not have to fight your own. Borg can communicate with Borg and Klingons with Klingons, and so on. It does not always work. It depends on the Situation.
I also reworked the Upgrade System.

The first Stealth Ship is online. If you have better ideas or ideas for the two other Stealth ships, end me a Picture or the idea.
Last edited by Jamestg on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:45 am

Jamestg wrote:The NEW VERSION is out.

I added the Defiant.

A possibility to communicate with your own faction was missing. Now you do not have to fight your own. Borg can communicate with Borg and Klingons with Klingons, and so on. It does not always work. It depends on the Situation.
I also reworked the Upgrade System.

The first Stealth Ship is online. If you have better ideas or ideas for the two other Stealth ships, end me a Picture or the idea.

Many many grafical changes in Ships Interior!

I corrected some Bugs and balance Things.

You have again to load all files: Aer-Rec-ftl and Aer-ftl.ftl

Great job! :D
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
Atruejedi

Postby Atruejedi » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 am

I'd love to see some (more) screenshots of this, especially in the first post to attract more attention :)
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:11 pm

A mayor update is out.

I changed every ship into a Star Trek ship. If you find FTL ships, tell me please.

All fuel should be changed in Dilithium Crystals
All FTL drive should be Warp Drive.

If you find some old names tell me please.

Every Faction has its augemntation. Those augments are unavailable in shops.

Augmentations---------------------------------Race-----------------------------------New Augemnt Name

CREW_STIMS------------Klingons---------------------Mantis---------------------------------Klingon Strenth
SLUG_GEL---------------Romulans / Vulcan---------Slug-----------------------------------Romulan
BACKUP_DNA------------Borg-------------------------Engi / Anaerobic---------------------Assimilator -Clone
NANO_MEDBAY-----------Borg-----------------------------------------------------------------Assimilator - Med
CRYSTAL_SHARDS-------Dominion-------------------Rock / Crystal------------------------Dominion Absorbtion
ENERGY_SHIELD--------Species 8472----------------Zoltan--------------------------------Species8472 Shield
TK_TholianWeb---------Tholians---------------------Hologram / Anaerobic-------------Tholian Web
FLEET_DISTRACTION---Stealth--------------------------------------------------------------Espionage Device
FTL_JAMMER------------Pirates---------------------------------------------------------------Pirate Warp Jammer

Rock Armor and Titanium System Casing can be purchased in shops.

Every Faction augment allows to communicate with its related Faction.

For example, if you fly into Klingon Space and find a Klingon, you can talk with them and identify you as one of them. SO you do not have to fight your own people. Of course there is a slight chance, that the Klingon will attack anyway, but a very slight one.

The same works for pirates.

If you have an Espionage Device, you can try to bluff every Faction. The chance here is 50 / 50.
I tried it out and it is fun. Maybe not jet balanced enough and the text could be better, but I am working on it.
By the way, every special event has the new Faction possibility worked in. Sometimes with interessting consequences.

All player ships are Star Trek related. I will change there the one or the other in the future.
The Tholian 01 ship is in a state of testing.
The Stealth Ship 01 will be overworked.

THe Dominion Bug was changed. New graphics and some beauty changes.

I did not have the muse to add new texts to the boring Ten Forward events. It will come, if I changed everything else.
Maybe you have Ideas? Send me the ready text here in the forum and I add it.

Of course threre are more changes, I do not recall now.

Have fun and write what you think or what is missing in your eyes.
Crazybat

Postby Crazybat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Thanks for including my mod. I admit, I panicked a little when I saw my Sovereign in a gameplay video with altered description and name - but you credited me, so it's all good. Let me know if you want any ship hulls made up in the future.
Jamestg

Postby Jamestg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:49 am

I made my mod completely new. It will be released in some weeks. I found some bugs and some I did not found. Therefore I made my mod completely new. So I changed some things, added new Ships and grafics. Some new Weapons and of course new Sectors. I release it, when I am done with the Faction events. So far I did THose Sectors: Pirates, Civilian, Rebel, Boss nad Nebula. New Sectros are: Warzone and Waste Disposal.

I have one problem. I do not know how to change the Rebels into someone in the Star Trek universe. The Ultimate enemy would be the Borg or the Dominion, but I also want to play those Factions in Game. I feel better to include the Borg as Engi and the Dominion as Rock. So what do you think? Who could be the ultimate enemy we must fight in this Universe?

Please write how I could replace the Rebels in my Star Trek mod!