The Original

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ThePersonFromSteam

The Original

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:02 am

This Is The Ship made by a slug who couldn't afford crew but is awesome at making anything into a ship, must be a Engi in disguised but here's the ship

Download Link 2.0 : https://www.mediafire.com/?cyb2zwiade74dbl
Download Link 3.0 DEV : https://www.mediafire.com/?y93gg3rnmf6hv00
Download Link 3.0 Final : http://www.mediafire.com/file/bstxca3x0alb16c/The+Original+V3+%28FinalIzed%29.ftl
Download Link 4.0 DEV : http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9k5i87kh2lhxte/D+E+V++v+4.ftl
If your looking For 1.0, im sorry to say that file for that one is Long Gone and Not Function because it was a test Project
Pictures :
V3 Pictures :

V4 Pictures :

Hope You Like it

11/18/2016
is the day it uploaded
and to know there is 3 Glitches i forgot to patch in V2
1. The Boss Beam for the Artillery is Out of Bounds
2. The Ship inst Middle Straight
3. Forgot to Add Shield barriers

11/19/2016
Patched Progress Fixed Ship "Middle Ment"
Patched Barriers
Changed Artillery From Boss Beam To Normal Due to Out Of Bounds
Changed Ship Layout

Development v3 fixes,Patches and Changes

Fixed Missing Doors
Changed Med bay with teleport-er
Changed Drones from 4 Combat I drones to 2 Hull Healing Drones and 2 Overcharged Shield Drones
Fixed Ship name from Nameless one to The Original
Fixed the Nameless One Description and changed it to something original
Replaces PLAYER_SHIP_HARD

11/20/2016
Released Finalized Version for V3 of the original
Revamped Hull layout
Added More Stuff
Stuff May be different for reasons to make sure there isn't corruption files
Find more stuff out on V3
Last edited by ThePersonFromSteam on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Code: Select all

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
stylesrj

Re: The Original

Postby stylesrj » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:28 am

You can try to fix the Boss Artillery... or use another gun because there are people out there who'll complain about the Artillery being all messed up.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:34 am

Well I did and im currently working on it in the 3.0 Development Build

EDIT: A Finalized v3 and non Dev version is Being Worked on

Okayish Modder, and a terrible splicer; but i did throw my share in Project Coal, and helped in Multiverse.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Just a heads up, a teleporter room larger than 4 simply doesn't work. It will only be able to send out 4 people at max.

I don't know what your modding skill is, but I would suggest testing the ship by making use of the mod testing environment. Basically a sandbox that allows you get all the gear/crew you want as well as pit your ship against everything you can imagine (besides the flagship I think).
Really handy for spotting things you might've missed. Like interior rooms or starting power for systems that aren't pre-installed (no issue on this one since systems are already at 8).

You might also want to look at trying to find some better interior images for piloting and backup battery.
The resources used in CE are free to use by every modder and are a treasure trove for stuff like this.

Not going to go into balance and whatever, since that's something you'll start getting the hang of on your own. Besides, we all experiment a bit with what we can do.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Biohazzard i knew the Images where shit from the start, sorry for my language, i just realized there's more images of the systems, my modding skill is beginner and I ran into a problem where the images are Caution pattern pictures

Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:08 pm

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:Biohazzard i knew the Images where shit from the start, sorry for my language, i just realized there's more images of the systems, my modding skill is beginner and I ran into a problem where the images are Caution pattern pictures

No worries, we all have to start somewhere. Just consider it all as advice for the next ship.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Btw i keep seeing Checkered textures instead of the regular ftl interior Why?

NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:18 am

ThePersonFromSteam wrote:Btw i keep seeing Checkered textures instead of the regular ftl interior Why?

Bugged room textures. Checkers are placeholders.

Make sure your ship blueprint specifies the same file names that you've named the actual images. Make sure you're actually including the images with your mod, and that the images are in the proper directory (since you're a noob you're probably using Superluminal, so this should be done automatically). Check to make sure your textures are saved as, IIRC, 32-bit PNG. No other file format will work.

Basically, be super careful.
ThePersonFromSteam

Postby ThePersonFromSteam » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 pm

k
Last edited by ThePersonFromSteam on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 pm

If there's a problem with the Artillery being out of bounds, then you need to add a 5th weapon mount (not a slot) to your ship. That's where your Artillery will go.
If you have multiple Artillery, add more weapon mounts.